Poll - News About Transfer Dealings

razza699

New Signings  

185 members have voted

1. 1. When Do You want to Know About Signings?

• When the player is having a medical?
    • When Player is Signed, Sealed and Paraded in Latics Shirt

Full Article on OS

Oldhamathletic.co.uk has always tried to keep fans in touch with what is happening, and yesterday we had the player in for a medical after agreeing terms with the Rotherham administrator and the player.

It was expected that the paperwork would have been completed by 2pm, but the fact that Rotherham are in administration complicated the matter somewhat.

It was, of course, not until the early evening after the chief executive had travelled to Yorkshire to meet the administrator that all the documents were completed.

If fans don't want to know when we are near to completing a signing then fair enough - perhaps we need to review our strategy - but please don't complain when you say the club doesn't keep you informed.

Tell us if you would rather not know we are signing a player until everything is completed, or if you would prefer the club to be open and up front with supporters.

One or two signings may have fallen through at the last minute in the past due to various matters, but the vast majority of signings are completed without a hitch.

It's up to you...

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldhamathletic.co.uk has always tried to keep fans in touch with what is happening, and yesterday we had the player in for a medical after agreeing terms with the Rotherham administrator and the player.

It was expected that the paperwork would have been completed by 2pm, but the fact that Rotherham are in administration complicated the matter somewhat.

It was, of course, not until the early evening after the chief executive had travelled to Yorkshire to meet the administrator that all the documents were completed.

If fans don't want to know when we are near to completing a signing then fair enough - perhaps we need to review our strategy - but please don't complain when you say the club doesn't keep you informed.

Tell us if you would rather not know we are signing a player until everything is completed, or if you would prefer the club to be open and up front with supporters.

One or two signings may have fallen through at the last minute in the past due to various matters, but the vast majority of signings are completed without a hitch.

It's up to you...

Ah, so they do pay attention...

Dont tell us until it is completed please. I'm dont need to know until everything is sorted.

Someone shove a poll on... lets get our answer...

Keep up the good work as far as I am concerned, the club have done nothing wrong. Granted I was forced into doing some work yesterday afternoon to pass the time till it was announced but the hold up on this one was out of their control.

Same with c*ntface's son last year and the Pole, no one could have predicted both of those to fall through.

It's up to you...

Stick your dummy back in......

Personally I would rather not hear anything until it has been completed or has fallen through. If its up to me then thats what I would prefere...

Keep us informed of what is going on but on the issues of transfers its pointless to get everyones hopes up until its been done and dusted!!!

How about more information on the progress of the stadium ???

Ah, so they do pay attention...

Dont tell us until it is completed please. I'm dont need to know until everything is sorted.

Someone shove a poll on... lets get our answer...

You're still not going to stop people coming on here to drop hints about who they've been told by a good source...........etc. It's these sort of posts that get everyone speculating, excited, impatient and ultimately disappointed that the new signing is not one of the more well-known names guessed by other posters.

On the other hand, if it wasn't for all the rumour and speculation there would be nothing to discuss and some of us would revert to the acoustics debate. :grin:

Keep up the good work as far as I am concerned, the club have done nothing wrong. Granted I was forced into doing some work yesterday afternoon to pass the time till it was announced but the hold up on this one was out of their control.

Same with c*ntface's son last year and the Pole, no one could have predicted both of those to fall through.

You have just contradicted your own point! The whole fact crap like this happens and it is out of their control is exactly why they shouldnt release stuff until it is done!

Agree with oafc0000 - yet again the club have spat the dummy over something of their own making - the first farce of the close season begins..

Seriously, just tell us when you have it 100% done, the fact the club is asking the questions shows enough fans are miffed to for it to be an issue... just sodding unproffessional... nothing is released in the business world until it is finalised, football clubs should eb the same.,..

They announced signings we coming in last week, that was enough to let people know they are being proactive...

You're still not going to stop people coming on here to drop hints about who they've been told by a good source...........etc. It's these sort of posts that get everyone speculating, excited, impatient and ultimately disappointed that the new signing is not one of the more well-known names guessed by other posters.

On the other hand, if it wasn't for all the rumour and speculation there would be nothing to discuss and some of us would revert to the acoustics debate. :grin:

This is utterly different, fans can speculate all they want - as you say, thats the point... but the club shouldnt stoke the fire. Until the transfer is 100% completed releasing any info on the fishal is nothing short than a rumour...

Oh... and it has absolutely nothing to do with advertising and click rates does it? dont get me wrong, i'm all for the club making a bit of extra cash... but this is just exploiting fans...

I don't see the problem. It's funny, everyone here would have wanted some form of news on transfers in January, as they were moaning that we didn't sign anyone.

At least the site tells us we're expecting things. I would have though the official site was there to keep everyone up to date. They said we'd have a signing last week, Lee signed only a hour or so later. A few hours later, Fleming was unveiled.

I would have thought those who run the site are as clueless as us. They get a few facts together, get it up for the fans, then wait for the officials to tell them the rest. I have no problem with the updates.

Edited by UpTheLatics

Have to say, the terms of the Poll are a bit off...

How anyone can vote on "having a medical" to know is just farcial... we all know tosser Jr ran off after having a medical, having official photos, and training with the team... every single little bit has to be completed before it is official... otherwise it will go heywire... I have no faith in the system anymore...

Already happened loads of time this season at other teams... pead at port vale, decided to go elsewhere after passing a medical and signing a pre-contract, beckett at Bradford... gone elsewhere after agreeing terms...

In this era of agent power it means sod all, until a pair of hancuffs are locked round the players hands, and all the busses to Doncaster and leeds have stopped running...

These comments have really annoyed me. yet again the club should know better. treating the fans like children. Next we will get simon corneyt having a rant that the fans are ungrateful about signing players...

You have just contradicted your own point! The whole fact crap like this happens and it is out of their control is exactly why they shouldnt release stuff until it is done!

How many times has this happened? I can only think of deadline day, yesterday, possibly when we signed Wes and I can't remember if Clive's disappearing act made it to the website. These are few and far between.

Either way, no one died, we signed the player concerned, the club got more click revenue.

How anyone can vote on "having a medical" to know is just farcial... we all know tosser Jr ran off after having a medical, having official photos, and training with the team... every single little bit has to be completed before it is official... otherwise it will go heywire... I have no faith in the system anymore...

Already happened loads of time this season at other teams... pead at port vale, decided to go elsewhere after passing a medical and signing a pre-contract, beckett at Bradford... gone elsewhere after agreeing terms...

In this era of agent power it means sod all, until a pair of hancuffs are locked round the players hands, and all the busses to Doncaster and leeds have stopped running...

These comments have really annoyed me. yet again the club should know better. treating the fans like children. Next we will get simon corneyt having a rant that the fans are ungrateful about signing players...

That's the whole point of having the poll so we find out what people prefer! :shock:

You and oafc0000 have got your opinions. So has everyone else.

Neither option is going to be a 100% choice but the Club have raised a point (it's ridiculous to claim they are treating people as children) and we have the facility to canvass opinion by way of a fair and free vote.

Why not see how the other Members see this and when it's done either accept you are in the minority or climb onto the winner's rostrum alongside oafc0000? :wink:

You can vote on having a medical as thats what happened with Moore. They told us he was having a medical then he didnt sign.

If they hadnt told us about the medical we would have been none the wiser and it would have been put down as a failed signing.

That's the whole point of having the poll so we find out what people prefer! :shock:

You and oafc0000 have got your opinions. So has everyone else.

Neither option is going to be a 100% choice but the Club have raised a point (it's ridiculous to claim they are treating people as children) and we have the facility to canvass opinion by way of a fair and free vote.

Why not see how the other Members see this and when it's done either accept you are in the minority or climb onto the winner's rostrum alongside oafc0000? :wink:

:shock:

Oh, we will be in the minority mate, but I still think the fact we are having this conversation indicates that there is asufficient annoyance in the fanbase for it to be an issue.... the fact they have to release a rather jumped up statement indicates this....

I dont know... maybe it is just the fact I am a cynical idiot, and my nerves and F5 button were shreeded last season has got the better of me... suppose we all love the anticipation...

Its also not really the club I am having a go at, I do think they are rather niaive, however we dont operate in the era where transfers are done on hanshakes and veral promises, I just think they need to be careful... agents control everything until the last minute... sounds as if O'Grady really wanted to play for us which is great... but theres a hell of a lot of players out there that will do a Moore and bugger off without a second thought....

But hey ho, its not a biggie really... think i am just over-emotional and stressed at the moment... cant think why :wink:

How many times has this happened? I can only think of deadline day, yesterday, possibly when we signed Wes and I can't remember if Clive's disappearing act made it to the website. These are few and far between.

Either way, no one died, we signed the player concerned, the club got more click revenue.

Storm & tea-cup for me..........i would prefer it not being released untill its all done and dusted; just to stop the rarely wrong chron messing it up! But, i do like being kept in the loop, so for me, yesterdays business was all fine & dandy.....and lets not forget te important issue of it all.......

We signed a promisong young striker for a decent (i'd imagine £50k) fee, and the squad is taking shape for next season.......some people just love to moan for the sake of it IMO!!

I have made some changes to the poll. The secondary poll entitled "did you complain" has been removed since nobody has complained to the Club. If you read the Article on the Official Site, it doesn't say that people have complained. What it says is:-

The Club have picked up on comments on here and other Latics Messageboards. They want your opinion as to their strategy for the future. They are not reacting to complaints and nor are they having a rant at fans has has been said on this thread.

We can provide a secure and fair poll to canvass opinion so please use the facility and help to shape future policy.

We can provide a secure and fair poll to canvass opinion so please use the facility and help to shape future policy.

Besides the fact six votes have still gone missing......

And before you start having a bitch about me being some sort of winner and not allowing others to have an opinion look above and you will see I made one post stating my opinion.

Besides the fact six votes have still gone missing......

And before you start having a bitch about me being some sort of winner and not allowing others to have an opinion look above and you will see I made one post stating my opinion.

Read my post again (the one with a wink at the end), read my reply to your PM and if you still want to moan, then I've told you how to complain about what I have done.

Read my post again (the one with a wink at the end), read my reply to your PM and if you still want to moan, then I've told you how to complain about what I have done.

Oh yeah....complain about the admin of the site...dont patronise me....

Messageboards are about people stating there point of view AND defending there point of view......

You wound me up by using me as a tool to attack blue fin.....

By the way....like I said....the vote is a sham....your still missing six votes....or do you want to keep side stepping it ?

Edited by oafc0000