Ambition in this division

Leeds should have spent more on wages and signings this season, which might have given them a more positive ambition as a club and set them on the way towards promotion, higher attendances through more attacking football, higher earnings from pie sales, and from there higher gate receipts and more TV revenue, and higher earnings again from the TV, and promotion, and TV and higher earnings overall. Their lack of investment has cost them dear, and they are doomed in their currect frame of mind to see clubs like Doncaster, Swansea and Gretna overtake them until they get owners who are prepared to sink unfeasably large amounts of money into a guaranteed promotion side, which they should do for the financial viability of the club.

Does anyone agree?

Leeds should have spent more on wages and signings this season, which might have given them a more positive ambition as a club and set them on the way towards promotion, higher attendances through more attacking football, higher earnings from pie sales, and from there higher gate receipts and more TV revenue, and higher earnings again from the TV, and promotion, and TV and higher earnings overall. Their lack of investment has cost them dear, and they are doomed in their currect frame of mind to see clubs like Doncaster, Swansea and Gretna overtake them until they get owners who are prepared to sink unfeasably large amounts of money into a guaranteed promotion side, which they should do for the financial viability of the club.

Does anyone agree?

Don't you remember.... Leeds went into administration...they nearly went bust.

Without the points deduction they would have been runners-up!

I wouldn't say they were quiet in the transfer market either!

To name a few.......Constantine,Kilkenny,Huntingdon,Prutton,Johnson,Hughes,Weston,Sweeney,

Michalik,Kenton,Elding, and Freedman(Loan) There...that's a full team.

Just shows you can't always buy yourself out of trouble.

What a shame!!!!

Without the points deduction they would have been runners-up!

Quite possibly, but not in this division. Without the points deduction they would have been kicked out of the League altogether.

Or to look at it another way, if they had exited administration correctly they wouldn't have had the points deduction. They also would have had significantly less money available to fund those signings.

Either way, it's not as simple as adding 15 points to their final total to work out what "would have" happened.

Does anyone agree?

I would certainly agree that higher gates means MUCH higher pie sales in Leeds, but to be fair, that could be applied to anywhere in Yorkshire!

Nevermind pie sales at Leeds, they had no pies on sale at Wembley on Monday (despite pies being advertised as being for sale). It's Dale for gods sake, they must have missed out on a fortune. Though thinking about it Leeds were there the day before.

Dale also introduced their new mascot who didn't go down very well with the Chinease.... "The Dale Llamma!!!" :grin:

Llama4.jpg

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Did my well-publicised love of Glasgow Rangers and Burnley football clubs give me away?

Nah, it' was you going round alternating between singing Rat In Me Kitchen and Red Red Wine that blew your cover.

Did my well-publicised love of Glasgow Rangers and Burnley football clubs give me away?

No-your political ignorance disguised as wisdom or even knowledge, and your tendency to habitually distort the views of others was what did it. Plus a heavy dose of servility lurking underneath the 'hard' exterior.

No-your political ignorance disguised as wisdom or even knowledge, and your tendency to habitually distort the views of others was what did it. Plus a heavy dose of servility lurking underneath the 'hard' exterior.

I’m gonna fix that rat. That’s what I’m gonna do, I’m gonna fix that rat.