Pub for next season

mind you - Tandle Hill tavern worth a shout early on - good grub now n nice atmosphere before poppin into RR for top-up !

My mate came up for the Bristol City 3-3 the other year so I took him to the Tavern after a forced march through Tangs. The finest scenery in Oldham followed by 4 exceptionally quick pints of the finest beer known to Mankind soon showed him what my part of the world is all about.

Any chance of a timetable of which one on which days Sav? Just so that those with a nervous disposition or sensitive children can make their plans accordingly.

All depends on what mode of transport i take,the bus drops me off outside the WH, the car drops me off outside the RR :)

My mate came up for the Bristol City 3-3 the other year so I took him to the Tavern after a forced march through Tangs. The finest scenery in Oldham followed by 4 exceptionally quick pints of the finest beer known to Mankind soon showed him what my part of the world is all about.

The Dog on Middleton Road in Royton is a staunch Latics Pub,Only 15 minutes walk from ground,same beer as RR and THT.

The Dog on Middleton Road in Royton is a staunch Latics Pub,Only 15 minutes walk from ground,same beer as RR and THT.

Indeed, I recall having a half of mild, or perhaps it was even a full pint, in there on New Year's Eve last. Hadn't been in for donkey's years but it still seemed a nice pub.

rifle range - since new owners took over its become a proper Latics pub with photos n shirts etc on walls. What used to really hack me off was all plastic manc armchair 'supporters' cheering on redsox early doors for lunchtime sky match. Good Latics pub again with decent beer and only 5-10 mins from chaddy end ! cant wait .....

mind you - Tandle Hill tavern worth a shout early on - good grub now n nice atmosphere before poppin into RR for top-up !

Despite it obviously being a Latics pub now you do still get armchair redsox filling the place if its a lunchtime game or if the Champions League is on midweek when we have a game. God help you trying to get served if we have a big game and the Redsox are on TV as well. Although it can be worth it to be there when redsox loose or have just been knocked out of something ala 'Almost in Greece' 15 months ago. If I go a pub before the game in Oldham it is usually the RR and I can't see it changing next year.

Handle a crowd? You mean when there's only twenty people in the place when Crewe are in town. Certainly couldnt handle that cup game with Huddersfield, Doncaster, etc.

Sav. The Landlords still the same ciddy fan. He got ribbed to peices when United won the league and City's score kept flashing up on the screen. 8-0 *chuckle*. He's rarely seen tho. It's saving grace is that the Barmaids are the best locally by a mile. :wink:

I'd have to disagree with that last comment Rocky :)

Handle a crowd? You mean when there's only twenty people in the place when Crewe are in town. Certainly couldnt handle that cup game with Huddersfield, Doncaster, etc.

it's not fantasic, but it's better than other places I've been to, some places I've waited half an hour to get served

• 1 year later...