Pub for next season

Before the home games next year?

We can play who 'borrowed' the old Royle Bar sign from the lookers in one :grin:

As far away from you riff raff as possible. :wink::)

Depends on the game really. Probably the Grey Mare (sorry Punkster) for the games where teams dont bring many (especially the dippers if it has the same banter as last season - we ripped them to peices despite being massively outnumbered :lol: "Iaaaaaaaaaaan Mooooore..........." :lol: ) or Upsteps or somewhere in town for when Leeds, Hudd's come because I cant be bothered spending the best part of the day/night trying to get served amongst overweight yorkshiremen ordering a round of 12 pints. Plus it's cheaper. We went in Upsteps for Leeds last year - No queue, pint after pint whilst I got text after text off people who'd declined the invite in various pubs around the ground who where dying of thirst. :grin:

Agree with the CG comments. For any of those who dragged me in there many a time last season, all because you "cant be bothered to walk down a hill". For shame. I'm not drinking out of a plastic cup this season thank you very much. Especially for the price they charge and how bad it is. There's more life in the retirement home my mum works at.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

As far away from you riff raff as possible. :wink::)

Depends on the game really. Probably the Grey Mare (sorry Punkster) for the games where teams dont bring many (especially the dippers if it has the same banter as last season - we ripped them to peices despite being massively outnumbered :lol: "Iaaaaaaaaaaan Mooooore..........." :lol: ) or Upsteps or somewhere in town for when Leeds, Hudd's come because I cant be bothered spending the best part of the day/night trying to get served amongst overweight yorkshiremen ordering a round of 12 pints. Plus it's cheaper. We went in Upsteps for Leeds last year - No queue, pint after pint whilst I got text after text off people who'd declined the invite in various pubs around the ground who where dying of thirst. :grin:

Agree with the CG comments. For any of those who dragged me in there many a time last season, all because you "cant be bothered to walk down a hill". For shame. I'm not drinking out of a plastic cup this season thank you very much. Especially for the price they charge and how bad it is.

Riff raff, don't get me started 'will she, won't she' :wink:

Riff raff, don't get me started 'will he, won't he' :wink:

My loyalties are no differently split thans yours are to Royton and Shaw. :wink::lol:

I saw the way you lot behaved in the Rifle for the Donny/Leeds game. Cheering and celebrating at the final whistle. Disgraceful scenes. Didnt those Stewards in the Paddock teach you boys anything. :wink:

My loyalties are no differently split thans yours are to Royton and Shaw. :wink::lol:

I saw the way you lot behaved in the Rifle for the Donny/Leeds game. Cheering and celebrating at the final whistle. Disgraceful scenes. Didnt those Stewards in the Paddock teach you boys anything. :wink:

Ha you'll be pleased to know i've thrown in the towel on Shaw and will be moving out within 2 weeks.

Wht can I say I have no time for either team but detest Leeds always have, '15 points who gives a ****, you're 'super' Leeds & you ****** it up' I cannot wait until they visit us!!!! ^_^

Well the C Arms has gone, the CG is garbage. The greyhound isn't all that seen as I live in the RR at the moment it's looking likely.

Come join us on the GHCP .... I even put up with it selling John Willies its that good.

Come join us on the GHCP .... I even put up with it selling John Willies its that good.

Ashton Arms, at least 7 real ales and a taxi to the ground at 2.40pm for a fiver or less.. if there are 4 of you it's virtually free.. and then pick you up outside the gound after the match and a trip back.... can't be beaten..... and they have Sky matches on and some basic food.

On several occasions last season me and my mates met up in Manchester City Centre and drank there and got a taxi up before the game, which is what I'd do for every game if I had the money. The Stockport game will be fun as I'll be traveling up to Oldham from Glossop with about 10 County fans (so we'd better bloody win). Otherwise I think we'll probably go to the Clayton Green, it's ok I suppose, serves a wide range of drinks and can handle a crowd

white hart!

maybe the idiot at GM will have sold his gaff in my lifetime!

So the prick is still there then,so the grey mare is a definate no no.

I will split my time between the White Heart and the Rifle Range

rifle range - since new owners took over its become a proper Latics pub with photos n shirts etc on walls. What used to really hack me off was all plastic manc armchair 'supporters' cheering on redsox early doors for lunchtime sky match. Good Latics pub again with decent beer and only 5-10 mins from chaddy end ! cant wait .....

mind you - Tandle Hill tavern worth a shout early on - good grub now n nice atmosphere before poppin into RR for top-up !

On several occasions last season me and my mates met up in Manchester City Centre and drank there and got a taxi up before the game, which is what I'd do for every game if I had the money. The Stockport game will be fun as I'll be traveling up to Oldham from Glossop with about 10 County fans (so we'd better bloody win). Otherwise I think we'll probably go to the Clayton Green, it's ok I suppose, serves a wide range of drinks and can handle a crowd

Handle a crowd? You mean when there's only twenty people in the place when Crewe are in town. Certainly couldnt handle that cup game with Huddersfield, Doncaster, etc.

Sav. The Landlords still the same ciddy fan. He got ribbed to peices when United won the league and City's score kept flashing up on the screen. 8-0 *chuckle*. He's rarely seen tho. It's saving grace is that the Barmaids are the best locally by a mile. :wink:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

So the prick is still there then,so the grey mare is a definate no no.

I will split my time between the White Heart and the Rifle Range

Any chance of a timetable of which one on which days Sav? Just so that those with a nervous disposition or sensitive children can make their plans accordingly.