Something I "overheard"

Was on one of my rare visits back up to Oldham yesterday, and being the sad git I am thouoght I would pop over to see what state the Lookers was in with my own eyes. Whilst there nipped into the club shop to sign Ernies book of condolence, and who walks in, none other than Sir (Should be knighted in my opinion) Simon Corney on his mobile. Nice bloke, even stopped his conversation and said hello. Made my bloody year! :D

Anyway, he hung about in the shop for a minute still having his conversation, which I could not help overhearing. It went along the lines of....

"I like him and Shez likes him. The only problem is that he lives down south and he has only ever played down south. Can we get him up here?"

He then buggered off when I think he realised what he was saying in public. Left me thinking about it all day long. Really got on the Mrs nerves.

Any thoughts? Maher obviously pops into mind, which was annoying as I spent the rest of the day thinking of left footers :angry:

P.S. I dont usually make a habit of evesdropping!

I think any offer we made him would have to be significantly better than what he was being offer by any southern based clubs to get him to come up north.

Of course! offering him bonusses in Pies rather than Jellied eels!

... dont know his family situation which is a big factor as you say... however, you would hope that playing under Shez and chasing promotion might be a bit more of a draw that playing for the dung-heap that is Gillingham....

Of course! offering him bonusses in Pies rather than Jellied eels!

... dont know his family situation which is a big factor as you say... however, you would hope that playing under Shez and chasing promotion might be a bit more of a draw that playing for the dung-heap that is Gillingham....

I can't remember who it was who described walking to the Gillingham ground as being like walking through the set of a Dexys Midnight Runners video set, but I laugh every time I think of them!

I can't remember who it was who described walking to the Gillingham ground as being like walking through the set of a Dexys Midnight Runners video set, but I laugh every time I think of them!

... like walking through the set of Police, Camera, action last time we were there.

:applause1:

I actually did see someone there standing barefoot in his front yard in dungarees with a big stray looking dog and a red hankercheif in his pocket. You couldn't have made it up.

Yeah. Everytime I walk from the station down to the ground I keep having "Come On Eileen" in my head.

Any thoughts? Maher obviously pops into mind, which was annoying as I spent the rest of the day thinking of left footers :angry:

I think Celtic have a few left-footers in their squad... :grin:

IMHO religion and sport shouldn't be mixed.

Was on one of my rare visits back up to Oldham yesterday, and being the sad git I am thouoght I would pop over to see what state the Lookers was in with my own eyes. Whilst there nipped into the club shop to sign Ernies book of condolence, and who walks in, none other than Sir (Should be knighted in my opinion) Simon Corney on his mobile. Nice bloke, even stopped his conversation and said hello. Made my bloody year! :D

Anyway, he hung about in the shop for a minute still having his conversation, which I could not help overhearing. It went along the lines of....

"I like him and Shez likes him. The only problem is that he lives down south and he has only ever played down south. Can we get him up here

He then buggered off when I think he realised what he was saying in public. Left me thinking about it all day long. Really got on the Mrs nerves.

P.S. I dont usually make a habit of evesdropping!

Frank Lampard?