Eintracht Frankfurt Fixtures

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hamburg came from 2-0 down (Schweinsteiger, Podolski - who else?) against Bayern last night in the Friday night match on Setanta, to draw the game 2-2 and share the points in the first Bundesliga game of the season.

The rest of the league kick off over the weekend. Eintracht are hoping to carry on some decent form (Pokal 3-0 win at Pfullensdorf and an impressive 1-1 draw with Real Madrid), with a home fixture against Hertha Berlin this Sunday evening.

Solid start for the Eagles, should be a home win.

I see Hoffenheim have jumped to the top of the division. It will be interesting to see how they get on. It's a no mark place which has had a former youth player and current multi-billionnaire (698th richest person in the World), Deitmar Hopp, come along and build them up. They've gone from about 7 divisions down in this time into the Bundesliga.

Some would say that nothing can come from this, but...

There is a rule in German football that a team in the top two divisions cannot be taken over and have someone hold over 49% of the club (to prevent idiots running clubs like at Chelsea, Man Utd, Oldham, etc. I would guess). This means that individuals are unwilling to invest in clubs that, as such, they won't or don't own. However, as Hoffenheim were taken over in division 7, it is perfectly legal (rulewise) to be promoted with that one owner who has already shown is willing to invest.

I watch with bated breath...

• 2 weeks later...
Eintracht live on Setanta1 on the 12th Sept vs Karlsruhe

no longer I'm afraid! The game has been called off - they had a Madonna concert there on Tuesday night and it's ruined the pitch. Its being relayed and the game is postponed. I bet the poop is hitting the fan over this, the Friday night TV game cancelled on the day - wonder why it took them so long, they must have known the situation before now.

I watched the Dortmund v Schalke derby on Saturday afternoon - awesome entertainment. Going into the 67th minute Schalke were comfortably 3-0 up but contrived to draw 3-3 and be down to 9 men. There should have been at least 5 minutes added time but Schalke had lost their heads and I think the ref thought "sod this" and he blew at bang on 90 minutes just after a double assault by a Schalke player. Great game!

Bayer Lost away 3:2 to Hamburg on Saturday after leading 2:0

2:0 and they :censored: it up ! :grin:

ahh, I didnt realise that. I saw they were 2-0 up. oops!

Schalke are in further hot water as one of their players called the ref a whore twice on tv after the game and another said that it was 9 men against 14. Still, they have a point (2-3 was offside and 3-3 was a verrrry dodgy penalty). I'll certainly be trying to watch the return match later in the season!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oa_exile

Big game for Eintracht Frankfurt , KO 16:00 at Home v Arminia Bielefeld , really need the points to get out of the bottom three.

Games in hand though , only played four.

Meanwhile Bayer are a healthy second after 6 games.

Bayer Munich ...........slow start played six and only 8 points.

Matt : Any chance of pinning this thread ? :)

.... Why the hell haven't I seen this thread!?

I have lived in Frankfurt for 3 years and supported my whole life!

Just gotta say, I saw a man. Bald, wearing glasses and had a grey Frankfurt shirt on if that is anyone ... ?

Looking foward to Adler v Hoffenheim. 1899 have got off to a good start this season.

It's a shame they don't play OFC in the league anymore, only exciting game (other than Mainz... and Bayern of course!) :disappointed:

Any German speakers?

Edited by OAFCguy

Guest oa_exile
Super Eagles, strongest team in the division :rolleyes:

Come on Frankfurt...

Left it late to pick up a point , 2nd bottom on goal Difference, game in hand though :grin:

Eintracht Frankfurt 1 Arminia Bielefeld 1

Kohler 87 .................Wichniarek 7

Attend: 37000 Half-time: 0-1

Looks to me that they have a problem hitting the onion bag played 5 scored 4 conceded only 7

Eintracht Frankfurt P5 W0 D3 L2 F4 A7 PTS3

.... Why the hell haven't I seen this thread!?

I have lived in Frankfurt for 3 years and supported my whole life!

Just gotta say, I saw a man. Bald, wearing glasses and had a grey Frankfurt shirt on if that is anyone ... ?

Looking foward to Adler v Hoffenheim. 1899 have got off to a good start this season.

It's a shame they don't play OFC in the league anymore, only exciting game (other than Mainz... and Bayern of course!) :disappointed:

Any German speakers?

Ja, ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch

Should of beaten Bielefeld, they are the yoyo side of the Bundesliga, I'm thinking of going to watch Mainz aswell when I'm over there as long as the games dont clash