Craig Davies signs for.....

......................Latics! An extra year added to his contract so here until 2010 Fishal SMS. Nice Latics good to see this new pro-active attitude has turned to those who are out of contract come next summer. Hughesy and the Rat next please.

Edited by oafcprozac

good news at least he cant do a porter next season

I don't think Craig has Porter's mercenary attitude tbh, having been at City, Oxford, Verona and now us AND him still only being 22, I think he is very much the type of player that needs an arm round him to get the best out of him. A bit of security should bode well for us.

i view this as the club perhaps asking craig to sign for another year to give us more bargaining power when clubs come calling rather than craig himself wanting to stay but then again he still could refuse a new contract so guess he does want to stay, plus if we go up then hes in the championship with us! Either way great news and better than him being snatched away for £500k come june.

i view this as the club perhaps asking craig to sign for another year to give us more bargaining power when clubs come calling rather than craig himself wanting to stay but then again he still could refuse a new contract so guess he does want to stay, plus if we go up then hes in the championship with us! Either way great news and better than him being snatched away for £500k come june.

Blimey, how to put a negative slant on good news. Come on, Shez wants you to be more confident - glass half full!

Oh excellent news....big slice of humble pie to whoever was recently bleating about why latics haven't done anything to extend his deal.....

He would have signed sooner but he kept wandering off around Hardy's office, climbing in to the crypt, standing next to the door when he should have been sat at the table waiting for someone to pass him the pen.

Quality news!

Good news, definitely worth it after scoring 14 goals in his first season. I reckon he'll top that.

I'd wait until the end of the season for Allott, he's a good player but if we are in The Championship I really don't think we'll need him. Besides that I think we'd be the best offer he'd get so there's not much danger of him going elsewhere.

Hughes is a funny one, I would like to see his contract extended but I'd wait until January, especially until we see how his injury plays out. He did score 8 last season in a short period and I think he's capable of becoming our top scorer this season, he's a class striker but if this injury keeps nagging him it might not be worth it. If he does score 15+ goals by January I think we should offer him an extension and I'd hope he'd show a bit of loyalty and sign it.

Gregan - As Hughes, see if he can regain his form and doesn't get injured.

Rubes - As Allott.

Stam - As Allott

Davies was the one I was worried about, but it's sorted now.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

He would have signed sooner but he kept wandering off around Hardy's office, climbing in to the crypt, standing next to the door when he should have been sat at the table waiting for someone to pass him the pen.

Quality news!

:lol:

Quality!

You forgot to mention the bit when hardy tried to sign it on behalf of Oldham, but Davies then tried to snatch the pen out of his hand... claiming he wanted to take it....

For me this is one of the best pieces of news over the summer. Davies is a quality player and he definately has the potential to play at a higher level than League 1 I'm just glad he should hopefully get the opportunity to do so with Oldham.

Hats of to all concerned on this one. Great news and - prospectively - from a psychological p.o.v, great timing to announce this. Lets hope he stays focused - this is a massive season for him. It was worth noting that last year was probably Davies' first full season as a regular in his brief career, which most likely cultimated in some jaded performances around Xmas, New Year. A tough learning curve, but nevertheless a test passed with surprising gusto. This year, i expect him to be fitter. He has the potential to be a lethal asset at this level.

Come on you bluuuuuuueeessss!!!!!