Atmosphere

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to have the banter with the opposing team, getting behind our team is only used once in a blue moon "Come on Oldham!" i remember when the scoreboard was working, the hands would be clapping together and everyone would join in, That was getting behind the team.

Not singing "Town full of smackheads!"

Allthough i noticed nobody took to my "One Lizzie Bardsley" Chant.

I felt so lonely... :(

Wow I'll bear that in mind, thanks for the stunning advice.

"Full package" eh??? Quality, you couldn't make it up.

My advice was aimed at Derek, but you are more than welcome if you also wish to take heed.

I love to watch football as much as the next poster on here, however I find it considerably more enjoyable watching within an electric atmosphere. Particularly at our closest derby which is so rare it has not played since before I was born. Hardly a run of the mill Cheltenham at home league match was it.....although the atmosphere was comparable.

As for my 'full package' comment i'm not sure what your snidey remark is trying to get at. I realise you are a long time, respected member of the Latics messageboard in its various guises. But if you cant understand a supporters desire to have the full away-day big derby match experience (or 'full package', if you like) then you're probably not as much of a football man as I imagined you would be.

All things considered if I was you I would strongly consider my 'advice', despite it initially being tongue-in-cheek.

I like to have the banter with the opposing team, getting behind our team is only used once in a blue moon "Come on Oldham!" i remember when the scoreboard was working, the hands would be clapping together and everyone would join in, That was getting behind the team.

Not singing "Town full of smackheads!"

Allthough i noticed nobody took to my "One Lizzie Bardsley" Chant.

I felt so lonely... :(

Really....:) You and me live in different footballing worlds :D It adds to the overall atmosphere so I would say it contributes to encrouaging are lads. Players love to see us taking the mikey out of the other team :D

Edited by oafc0000

Ive got to say this is the most pointless thread ive read on here in a while. Why do you see fit to create a thread slagging off the atmosphere created? Like you said us down the left were singing throughout the first half, and parts of the second ... so instead of slagging us off why not say well done .. if people dont wanna sing theres not much we can do ... but to say "P.S Why Shez, Norm and Taylor are praising us on Latics world I dont know......wont be reading too much into future praise of support!" is just ludicrus ... like i said us lot to the left were singing our hearts out for the team, unfortunately the rest of the stand were like zombies but im not about to call us pathetic etcetc.

I never said they were singing throughout the first half.

Tell me, why is the part of my post which you highlighted so ludicrous when you yourself liken 'the rest of the stand' (majority of it then) to zombies......even I dont think they were that bad. The players I mentioned thought they were awesome! Opinions eh.....

I wonder if this pointless thread will go into a 4th page.......my opening post may not have been constructive in any manner, agreed. Maybe it was a little churlish.....I just wanted to highlight my disapointment. Indeed I was surprised nobody else had yet made the point, but then this pointless thread has thrown up a fair few who agree with me and also a couple who wish to excuse it.

For what its worth I thought when we sand, it was loud - but not as loud as it would have been if we'd have played well / usual atmosphere for 3000+. Reminded me of Bury away when collusso scored in the last minute.

Tell me, why is the part of my post which you highlighted so ludicrous when you yourself liken 'the rest of the stand' (majority of it then) to zombies......even I dont think they were that bad. The players I mentioned thought they were awesome! Opinions eh.....

Because to say the fans didnt deserve the praise from the players is ridiculous ... yes i likened the rest of the stand to zombies .. but for those who bothered to vocally get behind the lads the praise from the players makes it worthwhile and its also deserved. Plus, they werent just praising us for being vocal .. they also mentioned the numbers in which we turned up.

First half atmosphere wise we sang throughout and was loud ... but in the second we were very much under the cosh .. people were alittle nervey etcetc which did effect the atmosphere. If wed have had 11 men we would have attacked more like we did in the first half and the atmosphere would have been better ... but it was still a great atmopshere IMO.

Edited by kellys_discopants

I never said they were singing throughout the first half.

I wonder if this pointless thread will go into a 4th page.......my opening post may not have been constructive in any manner, agreed. Maybe it was a little churlish.....I just wanted to highlight my disapointment. Indeed I was surprised nobody else had yet made the point, but then this pointless thread has thrown up a fair few who agree with me and also a couple who wish to excuse it.

Face it Stitch, you are just gutted you didn't pull :wink:

(KYLEOAFC @ Aug 13 2008, 10:13 AM)

P.S That Wembley chant, who the f**k made that up?

I was thinking that, even before I knew it had the hands of a Midlander on it :wink: We don't have the best record there ourselves...

Face it Stitch, you are just gutted you didn't pull :wink:

I was thinking that, even before I knew it had the hands of a Midlander on it :wink: We don't have the best record there ourselves...

left side was funny last night i sat 3 rows to the back every1 was singing in that section we stood up for the full game and we sung we was the only section to do so you can still sing and watch the match. they will be a few moaners at leeds we need to sing at leeds. the dale fans was a joke last nite i only heard them sing a few times and we needed to sing for them f**k the dale

Because to say the fans didnt deserve the praise from the players is ridiculous ... yes i likened the rest of the stand to zombies .. but for those who bothered to vocally get behind the lads the praise from the players makes it worthwhile and its also deserved. Plus, they werent just praising us for being vocal .. they also mentioned the numbers in which we turned up.

First half atmosphere wise we sang throughout and was loud ... but in the second we were very much under the cosh .. people were alittle nervey etcetc which did effect the atmosphere. If wed have had 11 men we would have attacked more like we did in the first half and the atmosphere would have been better ... but it was still a great atmopshere IMO.

A great atmosphere? I thought the support was normal at best, certainly not worth singling out by players on Latics world. I wonder what superlatives are reserved for performances such as Everton and Huddersfield....

Point taken on them congratualating the numbers though. Despite it being only 10 minutes from BP you can only sell your allocation, which it seems we pretty much did!

I'm going to draw a line under this now.....I accept had i sat at the other end I would surely have enjoyed it more. But I certainly hope we see much better atmospheres this season!

i sat far left at the top with all the singers and we was rocking.

like you said if we sat/stood in the middle of the stand to get the whole crowd rocking we would be just told to sht up by oldies who would rather sit there.

so we go and creat our own noise and get behind the lads.

i sat with the singers against millwall aswell and YET AGAIN no one else got involved in singing =\

instead we just got told to sit down or just got given dirty looks.

well done to the boys singing millwall game & last night we made some good noise.

oafc0000 come and join us you might just change your mind about the noise we can make

or shut up critising the latics fans

Is it bollocks. If it was all about getting behind the team, the majority of the singers would sit in the middle of the stand, and try and get the whole stand rocking, rather than sitting as close to the opposition fans as possible and singing songs to them all night.

Oh yeh ofcourse ... and then people would be told to sit down etcetc. By being to the left we could stand up without being told to sit down every two minutes ..

oafc0000 come and join us you might just change your mind about the noise we can make

or shut up critising the latics fans

Your post is SOOOOO funny :)

Im probably the guy stood next to you in the singing section....

Im not having ago at the ones who sing and support the lads every game. Im on about the very people you just had a pop at....

Myself and geordieblue were stood at the back towards the left. To me the atmosphere was good, standard Latics away...but to me that's standing with my fellow singers and getting behind the boys anyway.

The only time when everyone sings is when it's only the maybe 'core' 200-400 or so that go to most away games (I know that may sound unfair on those who can't afford to or have family commitments etc and can't get around the country, I don't mean it like that), such as Forest and Bristol last year...a longish trip on a Tuesday night (in Forest's case for a rearranged game). It was nothing outstanding, last night seemed to be to just me standard Tics away...some sing...some don't, but most of the singers group together and therefore sound loud (from their POV), whilst the others are sat quietly at the other end of the stand.

Far as I can tell he's already got something up his.....

can some1 realy tell me where you hear a better atmospher, name another ground your all mad the thing is the ones who post :censored: like this are the ones who sitt their not singing are moan to coppers that we are standing up im :censored:ing sick of so called Oldham fans. when we played milwall some1 said they out sang us well supries their was only 50 of us sining the other 4000 sat and moaned about every pass that went wrong. WANKERS

can some1 realy tell me where you hear a better atmospher, name another ground your all mad the thing is the ones who post :censored: like this are the ones who sitt their not singing are moan to coppers that we are standing up im :censored:ing sick of so called Oldham fans. when we played milwall some1 said they out sang us well supries their was only 50 of us sining the other 4000 sat and moaned about every pass that went wrong. WANKERS

:laught30:

I could name a fair few.......but I don't really want to talk to you.

My advice was aimed at Derek, but you are more than welcome if you also wish to take heed.

I love to watch football as much as the next poster on here, however I find it considerably more enjoyable watching within an electric atmosphere. Particularly at our closest derby which is so rare it has not played since before I was born. Hardly a run of the mill Cheltenham at home league match was it.....although the atmosphere was comparable.

As for my 'full package' comment i'm not sure what your snidey remark is trying to get at. I realise you are a long time, respected member of the Latics messageboard in its various guises. But if you cant understand a supporters desire to have the full away-day big derby match experience (or 'full package', if you like) then you're probably not as much of a football man as I imagined you would be.

All things considered if I was you I would strongly consider my 'advice', despite it initially being tongue-in-cheek.

Chortle !

Thats me told then, I shall henceforth consider myself a non "football man" whatever one imagines that to be.

As for the full package, well one mans full package is another mans lunch box, a lunch box neither you nor LL could afford darling.

Far as I can tell he's already got something up his.....
maybe its my respected member, in one of its various guises.

Oh and Garcon, watch the holier than thou eh? I detest folks who feel the need to post mindless "watch you language" digs, usually referring to the swearer as stupid or lacking in vocabulary. So tell me Garcon which language is it you want people to "mind". The Queens (gawd bless her) language shall we say as defined by the OED? Shall we immediately ban some of the finest texts in English Literature then?