Atmosphere

Ah well here's a solution....

Us sub human low lifes, you know people who don't sing and clap for the full 90 of a she-ite mind numbingly dull game or for that matter old codgers should be banned from watching Oldham Athletic FC, only all singing, all clapping, happy slappy types need ever go to a game again after all its your club, you all own it I mean you all sing for every minute of every game and have done since time in memoriam, big :censored:ing WOW. If I wanna go to a football match, and this is radical, WATCH the match I will do, if I wanna sing I will do. Who the friggin hell are any of you to sneer and look down yer nose at any other Latics fan. Anybody who turns up to watch Latics and pay their hard earned home or away is a Latics fan, we don't all have to conform to a singular type.

Stick that up yer arse and smoke it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're pointing out your opinion (which is fine).

At least we were there... :wink:

No its not an opinion... Its fricking fact!!! Open your bloody eyes next time your at a game or go for a walk around... Or talk to someone who isnt as biased as yourself......

I only wasnt thre due to me having to work and living in Warrington..... You might of been there but we couldnt hear you at home....

Us sub human low lifes, you know people who don't sing and clap for the full 90 of a she-ite mind numbingly dull game or for that matter old codgers should be banned from watching Oldham Athletic FC, only all singing, all clapping, happy slappy types need ever go to a game again after all its your club, you all own it I mean you all sing for every minute of every game and have done since time in memoriam, big :censored:ing WOW. If I wanna go to a football match, and this is radical, WATCH the match I will do, if I wanna sing I will do. Who the friggin hell are any of you to sneer and look down yer nose at any other Latics fan. Anybody who turns up to watch Latics and pay their hard earned home or away is a Latics fan, we don't all have to conform to a singular type.

:D

You sit in the main stand right ? :D

Feeling a little vexed this morning Stipey?

For what it's worth I totally agree. I go to the match to watch football not to play silly 'we make more noise than you' games with the oppo fans.

KtF,

Derek.

The game didn't help the singing of all Latics fans last night it and we were Dire!

I have never hated the thought of extra time so much :angry:

I was in the 'singing' block at the very back and things that didn't help were the non existent chants/fans from the dale and

Eardleys inability to pass the ball to a man and keep it in play or strike it cleanly!

He had ONE shot to show for himself all game which peed me off so i sulked and didnt sing as much lol

I only wasnt thre due to me having to work and living in Warrington..... You might of been there but we couldnt hear you at home....

Only jesting about being there - thought there'd be a decent excuse ... er, reason. :grin:

It's all relative re the crowd. As I said, it was quiet at times, but overall I thought the support was pretty good. I do take the point someone mentioned about it being a local game so a big proportion not being the 'usual' away following - could partly explain why 3000 only tend to make as much noise as 1000.

As for those of us that don't always feel obliged to join in the standing and singing... I served my time amongst the Chaddy faithful, giving my best for the cause, when the Chaddy was still a proper terrace! B)

For what it's worth I totally agree. I go to the match to watch football not to play silly 'we make more noise than you' games with the oppo fans.

KtF,

Derek.

It not about playing games with the away fans??

Its about signing and getting behind the boys ? You know Derek...inseatd of laying into Taylor every five fooking mins :D

On a serious note... People can do what they want.. All I am saying is that the number of people signing and getting behind the team is poorly low. I think the way the game is going football will continue to be played in increasingly more sterile atmospheres. If thats what the majority want then fine but I do fear for the future of the game.

:grin:

What a load of tripe.......hope you enjoyed watching the game.

KtF,

Derek.

No not vexed DW, and not likely to blow any gasket Mr Takemeanywhere, words just trip off the keyboard when replying to some of the mind numbingly stupid comment posted in this thread.

Right I'm off to round up some old codgers and in a Shipman like styleee put them out of their misery. Thus the "old codgers at Latics problem", curse them and their flasks, will be over for ever. And non-singers, don't even think about trying to hide, you're next you evil worthless bastards.

Edited by StipeTripe

I consider myself a bit of a singer, but that’s a good post stipetripe!

I hate it when the singers take it upon their selves to goad other Latics into singing its amateurish, if someone comes to the game and doesn’t sing so what, least they are a Latics fan paying money to watch us.

As mentioned I was in the singing block and I think I was one of the oldest at 25!, I will soon been retiring to the main stand with my opinions and flat cap instead. lol

P.S That Wembley chant, who the f**k made that up? I think I was the oldest one amongst the singers to remember my own heartache at losing at Wembley on more than one occasion! Cringeworthy to say the least.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Right I'm off to round up some old codgers and in a Shipman like styleee put them out of their misery. Thus the "old codgers at Latics problem", curse them and their flasks, will be over for ever. And non-singers, don't even think about trying to hide, you're next you evil worthless bastards.

:laught16:

LINE 'EM UP!!!!!!! :rifle:

Edited by garcon

KtF,

Derek.

I go for the full package, particularly away from home. If I was only interested in watching the game of football being played I would make more use of my telly.

Right I'm off to round up some old codgers and in a Shipman like styleee put them out of their misery. Thus the "old codgers at Latics problem", curse them and their flasks, will be over for ever.

Don't put such a negative spin on things. You are off to realign the population structure to a more financially managable demography. It's almost heroic.

StipeTripe, hear what you're saying but the discussion is based on were we vocal enough last night, not 'should none singers be welcomed' Everyone is welcomed by oafc but you must agree a more vocal crowd can and often does gee up the players and result in a better game.

Well my little bit of this here discussion is based on certain types sneering at others!

And I don't particularly agree that a vocal crowd results in a better game, in fact that comment is utter tosh gibberish and nonsense. I've been watch Latics long enough to know that large vocal, or even smalll vocal followings do not necessarily gee up a good performance, simple as.

Im afraid to say the only thing poorer than the game as a spectacle last night was the performance of the Latics fans. Admittedly I was sat at the other end to the fans who had a bit of a go but still, we were pathetic. It made a mockery of our usually excellent away support....that was the most boring away game I have ever been to.

3000+ 'tics turn up at Spotland and hardly a peep out of us.

Embarassing.

P.S Why Shez, Norm and Taylor are praising us on Latics world I dont know......wont be reading too much into future praise of support!

Ive got to say this is the most pointless thread ive read on here in a while. Why do you see fit to create a thread slagging off the atmosphere created? Like you said us down the left were singing throughout the first half, and parts of the second ... so instead of slagging us off why not say well done .. if people dont wanna sing theres not much we can do ... but to say "P.S Why Shez, Norm and Taylor are praising us on Latics world I dont know......wont be reading too much into future praise of support!" is just ludicrus ... like i said us lot to the left were singing our hearts out for the team, unfortunately the rest of the stand were like zombies but im not about to call us pathetic etcetc.

I go for the full package, particularly away from home. If I was only interested in watching the game of football being played I would make more use of my telly.

Wow I'll bear that in mind, thanks for the stunning advice.

"Full package" eh??? Quality, you couldn't make it up.

Oh and OS I shall use that as my mantra as I heroically squeeze the last drop out of each and every hypodermic.

I thought we would have been much louder last night. I was sat right on the far left in the thick of the singing, but I could tell we weren't at our best.

The game was poor and unexciting, so that didn't help.

The Rochdale fans were, in a word, quiet - so that didn't help.

Go to say I thought we would have been much louder....normally, our away support is more vocal.

Can I just ask everyone if they were getting annoyed with tempo of our songs ? I certainly was....try singing 'Sheridans Blue and White Army' or ' Oh When the Blues ' at a ten words a second...it just ruins it. The tempo gets too quick when the clappers start clapping away like starving sea lions.

It not about playing games with the away fans??

Its about signing and getting behind the boys ?

Is it bollocks. If it was all about getting behind the team, the majority of the singers would sit in the middle of the stand, and try and get the whole stand rocking, rather than sitting as close to the opposition fans as possible and singing songs to them all night.

Is it bollocks. If it was all about getting behind the team, the majority of the singers would sit in the middle of the stand, and try and get the whole stand rocking, rather than sitting as close to the opposition fans as possible and singing songs to them all night.

Thats just a bonus!!!!

Anyway whatever... Football has been dieing for ages and will continue to do so... Im just lucky I got to enjoy it all before it became the bore fest it is now... :)

Half of the 'old codgers' that go and watch the match have probably been going for forty plus years - to say that they are not true fans because they don't sing is complete bull. Everyone pays their money - if you want to go to matches and spend the entire match watching and baiting opposition fans instead of the game, then that's your choice, if don't want to sing thats also your choice. Surely the biggest encouragement to the team is that the fans are there in numbers when they come out of the tunnel?

For what it's worth i think our away support is excellent.

"I take my hat off to Oldhams support last night, they more or less filled that stand and didnt stop singing, backed there team from start to finish, very impressive."

They're also extremely complimentary about our 1st half performance.

Cheer up everyone, it's never that bad!

"I take my hat off to Oldhams support last night, they more or less filled that stand and didnt stop singing, backed there team from start to finish, very impressive."

They're also extremely complimentary about our 1st half performance.

Cheer up everyone, it's never that bad!

Yep, been on a Dale board and they were very complimentary about our support and especially how vocal we were.