Atmosphere

Im afraid to say the only thing poorer than the game as a spectacle last night was the performance of the Latics fans. Admittedly I was sat at the other end to the fans who had a bit of a go but still, we were pathetic. It made a mockery of our usually excellent away support....that was the most boring away game I have ever been to.

3000+ 'tics turn up at Spotland and hardly a peep out of us.

Embarassing.

P.S Why Shez, Norm and Taylor are praising us on Latics world I dont know......wont be reading too much into future praise of support!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im afraid to say the only thing poorer than the game as a spectacle last night was the performance of the Latics fans. Admittedly I was sat at the other end to the fans who had a bit of a go but still, we were pathetic. It made a mockery of our usually excellent away support....that was the most boring away game I have ever been to.

Embarassing.

P.S Why Shez, Norm and Taylor are praising us on Latics world I dont know......wont be reading too much into future praise of support!

WTF are you on ? :shock: ? :shock:

Embarassing.

your a dale fan right ? what game where you at virtualy constant noise from block nearest the dale fans very loud and noisy fantastic vocal support as usual well done the tics

QUALITY AT THE END I THINK EVERYONE WAS SINGING HUGHESY NAME!!!! couldnt of got it any louder!!!

HUGHESY HUGHESY HUGHESY......

Yes. I have a bone to pick with our faithful about that.

Norm makes the vital penalty save to all but secure victory, and gets barely anything from us.

Hughes achieves a frankly rubbish penalty conversion ratio of 50% and is idolised as if he won the game on his own!

(Tongue at least partly in cheek, but you see my point... :blink: )

Embarassing.

I started off on the far right hand side. It was clear within minutes that it was a losing battle trying to get any chants going at that end. Immediately moved to the far left where the atmosphere was fantastic. The far left hand block was rammed and rocking. I stood in a gangway for the whole match as there were no seats to be had. The atmosphere died off towards the end of the game and I felt we should have got behind the lads far more in extra time but on the whole it was a cracking atmosphere.

You should have moved, Stitch! :)

To be fair, our 'usually excellent away support' is only ever a handful of fans getting behind the team. The vast majority prefer to sit in silence.

Edited by oafc_ok

Embarassing.

WTF!!!!!!!!! Are you having a laugh it was rocking last night! Have a look at the Chris Taylor interview on Latics World :blink:

To be fair, our 'usually excellent away support' is only ever a handful of fans getting behind the team. The vast majority prefer to sit in silence.

Yup your right....

All makes me chuckle to hear so many people on here bigging us up :) We are not as good as people like to think... In fact the majority of people who watch latics are frankly :censored:e....

Take saturday... It was only the section closes to the Millwall fans giving it ago... The rest of the stand where sat down being nice and quite and "enjoying" the game....

Edited by oafc0000

Fellas I dont know if you notice the usual nature of my posts....I am not a wind up merchant. The atmosphere was :censored:e. I have already conceded it was better (in that there was one) down at the other end to me, but nevertheless, as a whole I was tremendously disapointed. The only noise we could muster was "Hughesy Hughesy" to defend him, a "Smalley Smalley", a half hearted "small town in Oldham", a berating of the linesman and Kennedy and a quarter hearted renedition of OWTB. The only time the noise was acceptable to me was for the pens. The atmosphere wasnt a patch on the Rocky last saturday. I took somebody to their first game last night, promising an electric atmosphere....she took the piss all the way home.

Yup your right....

All makes me chuckle to hear so many people on here bigging us up :) We are not as good as people like to think... In fact the majority of people who watch latics are frankly :censored:e....

It looked good to the left, and a bit naff to the right (where I was).

You get this with local games like this. A bunch of fans who don't go to games often and don't really know how to get behind the team (see Burnley last season). Songs die out quickly, when they get going, and all you get is cheering. It can't not help having that many fans though.

Yup your right....

I wouldnt say that!

I was gutted because at Wolves - Everton - Hudds, we all sing, we all get involved and that didnt happen last night.

The atmos on the left was brill, small town in Oldham being one of the many favourites!

We were sat just to the right of the half way line adjacent to the sky commentator, must agree with oafc0000, for such a large following the vocal support was poor except for the last 10 mins. Appreciate the left corner were vocal througout but it didn't carry very far. Lots of old codgers near us with blankets and flasks!

I wouldnt say that!

I was gutted because at Wolves - Everton - Hudds, we all sing, we all get involved and that didnt happen last night.

The atmos on the left was brill, small town in Oldham being one of the many favourites!

I didnt go Wolves so cant comment. Hudds not everyone was singing... The middle section was quite with people just sat down. The two sdes where more vocal but it was only the right hand side that where really up for it. And I will give you Everton...everyone was going for it.... Another good one was the masters...everyone up for it... But these games are far and few between.... I rememebr Leeds last year... We wasnt very good,... Most people just sat down....

We have a good away support as in numbers traveling... But atmosphere?? The number of people singing and getting behind the lads are still in the minority.... If you stand amongst the singers it sounds and feels amazing but the reality is the rest of our "fans" are too busy moaning and sniping....

Lots of old codgers near us with blankets and flasks!

Looking at the rate they where throwing people out at the last home game thats all you will have left sooner rather than later...:) That and the few families that can afford to go :)

Old school noisey up for it football fans seem to be declining in my opinion :(

Fellas I dont know if you notice the usual nature of my posts....I am not a wind up merchant. The atmosphere was :censored:e. I have already conceded it was better (in that there was one) down at the other end to me, but nevertheless, as a whole I was tremendously disapointed. The only noise we could muster was "Hughesy Hughesy" to defend him, a "Smalley Smalley", a half hearted "small town in Oldham", a berating of the linesman and Kennedy and a quarter hearted renedition of OWTB. The only time the noise was acceptable to me was for the pens. The atmosphere wasnt a patch on the Rocky last saturday. I took somebody to their first game last night, promising an electric atmosphere....she took the piss all the way home.

What? I didn't realise we were paid (sorry, 'pay) to 'perform' for you and your friend. This as Spotland on a damp Tuesday.

Of course, there's only a subtle difference between moaning and sniping about the team, and moaning and sniping about the fans...

Im hardly moaning and sniping.... Im pointing out cast iron facts... People can do what the hell they want to do but if someone wants to post that you lot was brillant last night then its only fair to point out...well in fact...you wasnt....

I wouldnt say that!

It did seem like everyone was singing at Wolves but they weren't by any means. There was a photo (in the Chron, I think) of the away end that day. A section of the crowd are on their feet, arms outstretched, giving it everything. The vast majority are sat with arms folded. I was amazed when I saw the picture as I, like you, thought the whole end was singing.

I would guess that at best about 30% of the crowd ever get behind the team, even away from home.

They was only the left section singing but to be honest because the game was so crap theres no wonder there was no one singing. I did a bit but had a headache so didn't do to much. Plus the stand was full of old moaners. Our singing was better than Rochdale.

Im pointing out cast iron facts

No, you're pointing out your opinion (which is fine).

People can do what the hell they want to do but if someone wants to post that you lot was brillant last night then its only fair to point out...well in fact...you wasnt....

At least we were there... :wink: