Eardley starts for Wales

He lost his man for both Georgia's goals. Didn't do himself any favours there.....

So is this the 4th poor/average game in a row for Neal. Looked vulnerable against Millwall and Dale where both the best opposition players were the left winger, who got far to much space and time on the ball. Same at Leeds - he drifts far too central time and again leaving the winger in acres of space, but luckily they didnt use it to any effect like the previous games.

So is this the 4th poor/average game in a row for Neal. Looked vulnerable against Millwall and Dale where both the best opposition players were the left winger, who got far to much space and time on the ball. Same at Leeds - he drifts far too central time and again leaving the winger in acres of space, but luckily they didnt use it to any effect like the previous games.

Leeds-

Too be fair Robinson is an awesome winger and I thought Eardley coped well,

Rochdale - Rundle is a good winger. ( i do agree though he played too central at Dale)

Millwall, Well Earldey was just as bad as the rest of the back four in the first half

At the moment who else are we going to play at RB?

Lomax? Then what do we do with the LB spot

Im hoping Lee will really push for the RB spot and keep Neil on his toes

Edited by razza699

I'm sure ww must have been watching different games Rocky. Apart for a bad spell for the whole back four v Millwall think he's been very good.

Robinson rippeds Scunny / Chester apart and Neil made him look very average, so much so the only space Robinson could find was by coming into the middle.

We played Dale with 10 men for 80 odd minutes so they always had a man over. Thought the defence handle this brilliantly.

Lets not forget he his a young lad with only two seasons of first team football in the third division of English football playing a full international!!!! He captained the team last year through very difficult times and lead us from the edge of the religation zone to going into the last few matches of the season with a chance of the play-offs

I'm sure ww must have been watching different games Rocky. Apart for a bad spell for the whole back four v Millwall think he's been very good.

Robinson rippeds Scunny / Chester apart and Neil made him look very average, so much so the only space Robinson could find was by coming into the middle.

We played Dale with 10 men for 80 odd minutes so they always had a man over. Thought the defence handle this brilliantly.

Lets not forget he his a young lad with only two seasons of first team football in the third division of English football playing a full international!!!! He captained the team last year through very difficult times and lead us from the edge of the religation zone to going into the last few matches of the season with a chance of the play-offs

I'd go along with that Markoasis, think young Neal gets alot of undeserved flack from some sections of the fans.

At the moment he is a young RB playing in League 1. He catches the Wales U21's with regularity, and has also won senior caps for the full Wales team. He was captain of the side for a massive chunk of last season and did an very good job. He has bags of potential to get better & better (with time on his side) & has shown he can play in a number of positions already - with the yard-dog CM being one of the greatest potential IMO.

I think the stick he gets in unfair most of time - an old timer sat behind me at Dale is the example of how some people have an opinion on players and will not budge on it, becoming laughable in the process. After Davies got himself sent off, we were 11 vs 10; so obviously Dale had a man over and this was really exemplfied on the wings where the Dale full-backs could push on, allowing the wingers to play higher up. This old bloke shouted pretty much all the time "too him eardley, get in him....bloody hell, he's crap that lad get him off" everytime the ball came out to Dale's left hand side. Eardley was marking Rundel and so couldn't go and "get in to" Kennedy as he was 2 on 1 anyway. But this chap carried on shouting this for the full game; extra time included; even after a few of us told him he was chatting rubbish.

Eardley was average to ok vs Millwall - as were the rest of the back 4 in that game.

He was solid vs Dale, at both RB & CM, playing a team with the numerical advantage.

Vs Leeds, he was up against one of the best attacking midfielders / wingers in the league, and he left him perifaral at best.

That brings us up to this sat, where irrigardless of how he plays, i'm sure certain section will still feel the need to piss & moan at him, and call for Lomax to be moved to RB (he better than Eardley don't you know!) & and Eardley to be sold for a bag of balls & a curly wurly.

Me on the other hand, i think he's a cracking League 1 RB, who has the potential to play even higher. I hope that's with us!!!!

I'd go along with that Markoasis, think young Neal gets alot of undeserved flack from some sections of the fans.

At the moment he is a young RB playing in League 1. He catches the Wales U21's with regularity, and has also won senior caps for the full Wales team. He was captain of the side for a massive chunk of last season and did an very good job. He has bags of potential to get better & better (with time on his side) & has shown he can play in a number of positions already - with the yard-dog CM being one of the greatest potential IMO.

I think the stick he gets in unfair most of time - an old timer sat behind me at Dale is the example of how some people have an opinion on players and will not budge on it, becoming laughable in the process. After Davies got himself sent off, we were 11 vs 10; so obviously Dale had a man over and this was really exemplfied on the wings where the Dale full-backs could push on, allowing the wingers to play higher up. This old bloke shouted pretty much all the time "too him eardley, get in him....bloody hell, he's crap that lad get him off" everytime the ball came out to Dale's left hand side. Eardley was marking Rundel and so couldn't go and "get in to" Kennedy as he was 2 on 1 anyway. But this chap carried on shouting this for the full game; extra time included; even after a few of us told him he was chatting rubbish.

Eardley was average to ok vs Millwall - as were the rest of the back 4 in that game.

He was solid vs Dale, at both RB & CM, playing a team with the numerical advantage.

Vs Leeds, he was up against one of the best attacking midfielders / wingers in the league, and he left him perifaral at best.

That brings us up to this sat, where irrigardless of how he plays, i'm sure certain section will still feel the need to piss & moan at him, and call for Lomax to be moved to RB (he better than Eardley don't you know!) & and Eardley to be sold for a bag of balls & a curly wurly.

Me on the other hand, i think he's a cracking League 1 RB, who has the potential to play even higher. I hope that's with us!!!!

One of the best posts I have read for a while!

Totally agree. Thought that, distribution apart, he was an excellent pro last season. Good player, great prospect, fantastic attitude. That's why he was made captain.

Totally agree. Thought that, distribution apart, he was an excellent pro last season. Good player, great prospect, fantastic attitude. That's why he was made captain.

Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons that he gets so much flak, Shez made the mistake of making him captain, possibly for the three reasond mentioned above ie Good player, great prospect, fantastic attitude.

Captains should be great leaders, which Eards certainly isn't (yet). This put too much pressure on the lad, and performances suffered as a result.

That said he can't even pass the parcel never mind pick out a blue shirt!