bad news for colchester

Colchester are sweating on the results of a scan on the injury suffered by record signing Steven Gillespie on Tuesday night.

The striker, a £400,000 summer recruit from Cheltenham, picked up a hamstring injury after climbing off the bench to score the Us' consolation goal towards the end of the 2-1 Carling Cup defeat at Ipswich.

Gillespie, who was already struggling with a tight thigh, could face a spell on the sidelines with the new problem.

"He was stretching for the goal and he felt something in his hamstring," said manager Geraint Williams.

"He was coming back from a thigh injury, which is why he didn't start."

Click here

Who needs Gillespie, theyve got Scott Vernon

That means we need 2 goals to win then. How much on Vernon scoring against us (like all ex-player strikers do)?

Edited by martjs

Headless chicken who looked half capable in a shockingly poor side. His replacement will be hungry to take his opportunity...so maybe not so good after all.

To be honest, i'm quite glad he i not playing.... I know he had absolutely no end result... but its the 'kiegan parker' effect.... run fast enough and persistently enough at our defence and eventually causes blind panic.... if he is in a better team than cheltenham it may just lead to some sort of end result....

Dont think Scotty has come up against Greegs before? May be wrong, but dont think he has anything that will worry the big-G....*

*except the 3.. 40-yard screamers he will inevitably score...