Great August ! ....cant complain

Guest oa exile

Guest sheridans_world
Are you two being serious? Have a think about what you're saying.

If we won today, the '4' game winning run would have started, leading to pressure on the lads, which they dont need. I would have taken a point today before the game. Drawing keeps them thinking they have to play to win and they are not going to win just because they ran on the pitch. Brilliant result today, we came from 2-0 to draw 2-2 and got rid of the 'who's going to best us first' question that would have been asked sooner rather than later.

Are you two being serious? Have a think about what you're saying.

Yes, agreed. Three points are normally better than one! Wins breed wins.

But was happy with draw, and getting a point at Clchester may turn out to be a valuable one and ceratainly one I'd have accepted at kick off.

This season we have variety and quality on the bench and will always be able to compete for 90 mins if we can maintain that strength thry injuries etc.

Yes, agreed. Three points are normally better than one! Wins breed wins.

But was happy with draw, and getting a point at Clchester may turn out to be a valuable one and ceratainly one I'd have accepted at kick off.

This season we have variety and quality on the bench and will always be able to compete for 90 mins if we can maintain that strength thry injuries etc.

Thankyou Peter.

We need 2 points per game to go up, which means that we'd need 8 so far to average that... we're on 10 pts.

Well done lads, excellent point :D

great result today considering tuesday...

if you was told at the start of the season that in august you would get 10 points from a possible 12,and be unbeaten and be joint top, you would be extremely happy...

given the starts we have had in recent years and the amount of moaning and groaning that this is the season of all seasons for everybody,i think 99% of us would have accepted where we are now before we even kicked a ball...

yes confidence breeds confidence and a winning mentality is all good.....but the longer you go unbeaten the more seeds of doubt are sewn that this game might just be the one you lose,and thats when things can start going pearshaped...

a draw today to come from behind is excellent,keeps the unbeaten run going but shows those players that they are going to have to work for it.....the players and fans will be pleased with a point away from home,the manager will be dissapointed that they didnt push on for the win....

big joe once said that if you win your home games and draw the aways,you will be there or there abouts come may...

We need 2 points per game to go up, which means that we'd need 8 so far to average that... we're on 10 pts.

Well done lads, excellent point :D

2 points a game (92) would be fantastic and probably see us up by easter and champions at the end. I posted before the season that 85 points should get us up and I allocated how many points we needed to get from each game to achieve that. Obviously Millwall and Chelts were wins but I calculated for Leeds and Colchester away to be 2 of the games we are able to lose. That means 4 points up after 4 games which i think is brilliant. Next week in the calculation is a point at the dippers.

A draw better than a win? What a bizarre thing to say. We lost midweek, that should be all the grounding they need. We're going to need all the points we can get to get out of this division! Granted, in the context of the game a point is a great result, but to say it's better than a win is just weird.

Clearly a win would have been better, but a very decent point nonetheless.

The best thing about the draw though is it might mean Shez avoids the dreaded Manager of the Month award.

Very true!

It's great to see us coming back from behind. All too often in the past a 2-0 deficit at somewhere like Colchester was game over. Can this be our season at last?!

Great point - great battling spirit - bring on the scousers next saturday.

Anyone that thinks a point is better than a win have a think. Ok "keeps us grounded", but I'd rather win every game and sod being grounded.

It is though the "best way" to draw, rather than throwing it away.

coming from 2 down to draw 2-2 prob gets more adrenalin pumping than a 1 nil win. but weve lost top spot. ideal world we get a last min equaliser at tranmere, any score and drop to 5th but only 2 points off top. table means little at the moment, not nothing but little. let the also rans shoot at others for now. slowly slowly and all that..

failing that stuff them 8 nil.