Deadline Day

Shez and Tommy are on the Uefa Pro course in Wales til Tuesday. Surely thats a sign we aren't trying to sign anyone?

But.....

just supposing someone makes a "too good to turn down" bid for a first teamer i.e. Eardley / Taylor / hughes, we accept - now who's phoning round looking for a replacement? Who's trying to secure a loan deal as cover if needed? The chairman and chief exec will be finalising finances, but player wise I hardly think they are qualified. I'm not saying it's likely, but we cant account for someone making a last ditch bid that we cant afford to turn down.

Edited by pukka

Guest FyldeBlue
Shez and Tommy are on the Uefa Pro course in Wales til Tuesday. Surely thats a sign we aren't trying to sign anyone?

But.....

just supposing someone makes a "too good to turn down" bid for a first teamer i.e. Eardley / Taylor / hughes, we accept - now who's phoning round looking for a replacement? Who's trying to secure a loan deal as cover if needed? The chairman and chief exec will be finalising finances, but player wise I hardly think they are qualified. I'm not saying it's likely, but we cant account for someone making a last ditch bid that we cant afford to turn down.

For your information Pukka

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...s_irish_signing

But.....

I wonder which mastermind organised a training course for coaches/managers on transfer deadline day? It will be just like my days at junior school where i used to hide a radio under the desk to listen to the cup draw or the test match. Every body will have their phones on silent but will be texting offers all over the place.

Untill 2 weeks ago the dealine was supposed to have shut at midnight just gone. So september it was shut. But only about 2 weeks ago they realised it was a sunday and thought "We cant work on a sunday, we aren't being paid enough for that" and moved it to today. The course will have been arranged much earlier. Surely it could have been moved back a week?

Guest oa_exile

In fairness I would think that once Shez has pinpointed "his man" and probably spoke to him then it will be down to the club (AH) to actually complete the deal.

Nothing Shez can do but await the final outcome (decision) .............or am I way off ? :unsure:

In fairness I would think that once Shez has pinpointed "his man" and probably spoke to him then it will be down to the club (AH) to actually complete the deal.

Nothing Shez can do but await the final outcome (decision) .............or am I way off ? :unsure:

I agree, but if someone (lets just say Doncaster!) make a £1m bid for Taylor. He's going. What do we do then? Who looks for the replacement?

Guest oa_exile
I agree, but if someone (lets just say Doncaster!) make a £1m bid for Taylor. He's going. What do we do then? Who looks for the replacement?

Stop complicating things :grin: I know what you mean though :shock: are you starting a rumour ? :lol:

I suppose if that happened perhaps the best option would be to get Demar Phillips in with some of the funds.

Edited by Mouldy_old_maki

I suppose if that happened perhaps the best option would be to get Demar Phillips in with some fo the funds.

how inconsiderate of shez and tommy trying to educate themself....shocking...

alan hardy most likely has a list of players as long as a roll of wallpaper,with instructions from shez on which are his top priority....

likewise the owners will be sat looking at the phone thinking is that a doncaster number or a blackpool one????

Did I say that it was Shez's fault? Was I slagging him off for it?

No.

Did I say going on that course was a bad idea? No.

I blamed the people who ran the course for putting it on today.

Actually read what I wrote, before having some little dig.

Edited by pukka

Fortunately Pukka, I think the club is a little better organised than you seem to be giving them credit for.

Yes, it's quite possible a bid will come in for someone and we accept. But Shez will already have his list of players he wants given any scenario, so all he'll need is a phone call and Simon and Alan will do the donkey work at the club.

It's unlucky this has worked out like it has, and you're right it's neither the club's nor Shez's fault, but they will have made all necessary arrangements to ensure it has no impact on any activity today.

I also think it unlikely we will sign anyone perm. The loans have another month. So the focus for me will be if anyone is leaving, obviously good news if not.

Kind of don;t think of Byrne as a real signing, which is probably harsh., EDIT and a bit wrong really!

Edited by singe

But.....

As Byrne is currently without a club, we do not have to rush anything through before the transfer window closes at midnight tonight.

The loan market will re-open next week after a post-window break of seven days.