Attracting new fans........

Must have missed the previous thread but its a great idea.

The club need to know how to attract new fans and keep them there.

Would help knowing how the existing fans feel.

Surley a survey or questionnaire in town centre or something would be a first point of call. But as a business i would have thought that someone at the should have done this a long time ago.

i have spoken to alan about this previously and put forward all the suggestions made in the previous thread. we went through each individual point, and it isnt as simple as sticking a few fit girls in oldham centre flirting with the dads to get their kids to bp.

financial restraints and much red tape prohibit certain methods of marketing, but be assured the club are not sitting on their laurels

as discussed over weekend.

a 10 match season ticket.

now before the club churn out the age old "everyone will just pick the glamour games".the club place conditions...

eg.

leeds,leicester,tranmere,hudds and the rest of the more "glamour games" we have are not permitted to be used in the scheme...call these cat A games.

that will then stop those only considering that option.

then the seats...basicly,if there is not a season ticket holder sticker on the seat,its a free seat.

the chances are,games v.swindon,orient,southend -cat B games- etc etc wont hit over 6,000 ,so that the intensive behind this.

and again,before the club say,well may not know when they will come,it could cause problems,the club limit these 10 season tickets to ...say 1500.

well?

oh...cost...about £150 adult £75 a kid

Good idea. I think i'd buy one due to the fact i'm based down Leicester for the year apart from Christmas, Easter and Summer.

Havn't they already tried this with half season tickets though?

Edited by billy

WHat happened to the thread a few months back full of ideas to attract new fans? Have the club looked into the viability of any of the suggestions made?

ffs we have always had low attendance and probably always will plus its not that bad anyway. Everything we have done has not helped.

Edited by spadam

now before the club churn out the age old "everyone will just pick the glamour games".the club place conditions...

eg.

leeds,leicester,tranmere,hudds and the rest of the more "glamour games" we have are not permitted to be used in the scheme...call these cat A games.

that will then stop those only considering that option.

well?

That wouldn't be fair and would discourage me from buying one as I'd want to attend at least a few of those included in my 10 games ticket.

i have spoken to alan about this previously and put forward all the suggestions made in the previous thread. we went through each individual point, and it isnt as simple as sticking a few fit girls in oldham centre flirting with the dads to get their kids to bp.

financial restraints and much red tape prohibit certain methods of marketing, but be assured the club are not sitting on their laurels

Alan Hardy is questioned by Sir Alan,

Sir Alan - “Well Alan, I wanted you to sort out a Marketing campaign to get more fans into the ground and you failed…..why?”

Alan Hardy “well Sir Alan, it’s not a simple as that, there’s all this red tape you see…”

What would happen next?????

That wouldn't be fair and would discourage me from buying one as I'd want to attend at least a few of those included in my 10 games ticket.

well then ,you pay on the day /get a ticket in advance like the rest.

the ticket should have vouchers in so the order of merit would be:

1.season ticket holders(for cup games etc)

2.10 match ticket holders

3/general public.

the whole point of this suggestion is to put bums on seats in the less glamourous games.

thus the cheap price.

3/general public.

the whole point of this suggestion is to put bums on seats in the less glamourous games.

thus the cheap price.

isn't there more chance of people coming back if they go to one of the "glamour" games as opposed to, eg MK Dons???

This was my suggestion (emailed it to AH, said he'd put it to the board):

"One thought I had was to get a few people back for evening matches, as a lot of the old fans may now having found something "better" (in their misguided view) to do on a saturday.

What about doing a £60 ticket for the 4 evening games we have scheduled? Ok, I know one of them is Leeds, but as theres a chance of a sell out on that one, it maybe gets tickets sold for the other 3 games (albeit at the price of 2 of them).

£60 would effectively give them 1 of the 4 games free, based on £20 on the day. You could also consider including a couple of vouchers for Saturday games at £15 and maybe another 4 at £16, effectively giving 10 games for £154 but with only a £60 inital outlay.

It's not enough games to affect the value that ST holders get, and the price is higher per games, but it might be a way to get some people back to supporting Latics more regularly?

The first evening game isn't until 28/10 vs Scunthorpe, so there's a bit of time to consider it / get something in place.

I really think the potential sell out of the Leeds game might make this a tempting offer for a lot of people as they would have spent £20 on that one anyway, so an extra £40 for 3 further games looks good value for them, and not getting a ticket on this basis might mean people missing out on the Leeds game. It also reduces the potential for Leeds fans to go in the home sections."

?

the point would be to

1/get "drifters" back here more regulary.

2/do this scheme at games when there are a threat of more empty seats than taken seats.

if they enjoy it they will happily pay for the more glamourous games.

also,this can benefit the club-the lesser glamourous games will have a greater home support.

if folk buy a 10 match season ticket and only turn up to 6,the club haven't lost out.

ffs we have always had low attendance and probably always will plus its not that bad anyway. Everything we have done has not helped.

There are planty of things we haven't tried yet and plenty of very good ideas being put forward on here. Doesn't hurt to explore them does it and as someone has said AH has been looking at these ideas, i'm just wondering if any are being seriously considered. At the end of the day all this thread is about is trying to keep the issue at the forefront and make sure we stay active in solving our problem of low gates. No point saying 'we have had low attendances and probably always will', that will only happen if we give up!

3/general public.

thus the cheap price.

Within this ten voucher booklet I think it would be fairly easy to split it so that you get say 8 Category B vouchers and 2 Category A vouchers. That way for committing to 10 games you get to take your pick with any 2 from the 'glamour' games and then on top of that the club gets what it's after in a higher gate for the less attractive games.

Within this ten voucher booklet I think it would be fairly easy to split it so that you get say 8 Category B vouchers and 2 Category A vouchers. That way for committing to 10 games you get to take your pick with any 2 from the 'glamour' games and then on top of that the club gets what it's after in a higher gate for the less attractive games.

the point of not including "catA" games would be to fill seats,give drifters the habit to get going again and value for money.

including cat A games could cause problems on games where a full/near full house is expected.

also,the club would be wanting to "cash in" on these games...

Edited by johnny punkster

How about under 12s free, apart from bigger games like Leeds which could be all ticket. 12 - 16 somewhere between £5 and £10. Would maybe have to charge more for adults to cover some of the losses, say £25 for adults. For those who bring their kids to the games would you be willing to pay extra for yourself if you paid less for the kids?

To get more money back too you could also over charge the away fans, yes it might not be ethical but Oldham are not a glamour tie for anyone in this division really so we only really get diehards from the away teams anyway who I am sure would pay whatever price to see their team. You could even hike up the prices for those traveling the longest distances as once they get here they arent going to not watch the match.

I know these ideas are unlikely to ever happen but something along these lines maybe

Edited by wozz_oafc

How about under 12s free, apart from bigger games like Leeds which could be all ticket. 12 - 16 somewhere between £5 and £10. Would maybe have to charge more for adults to cover some of the losses, say £25 for adults. For those who bring their kids to the games would you be willing to pay extra for yourself if you paid less for the kids?

To get more money back too you could also over charge the away fans, yes it might not be ethical but Oldham are not a glamour tie for anyone in this division really so we only really get diehards from the away teams anyway who I am sure would pay whatever price to see their team. You could even hike up the prices for those traveling the longest distances as once they get here they arent going to not watch the match.

I know these ideas are unlikely to ever happen but something along these lines maybe

after last night goings on ,do you really want free kids?

Alan Hardy is questioned by Sir Alan,

Sir Alan - “Well Alan, I wanted you to sort out a Marketing campaign to get more fans into the ground and you failed…..why?”

Alan Hardy “well Sir Alan, it’s not a simple as that, there’s all this red tape you see…”

What would happen next?????

I want to know who was responsible for buying all this surplus red tape, anyway shouldn't Latics be stocking blue tape ?