Chris Taylor

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile
Taylor delighted with double strike

By Dave Moore Monday 12th March 2007

"I've always said that once I got one the goals would start coming"

After waiting 51 games for his first goal which came last week, Chris Taylor notched two against Doncaster to make the "like waiting for a bus" theory appear true. He told the official website after the game, "I'm delighted to score again, and to do it at the Chaddy End was really special. For the first goal, it's unlike me to leap above a defender, but I just saw the ball and really, really wanted to get there. Fortunately I did. Then Paul Warne did really well to get the ball across to me, and all I really had to do was get a touch on it."

"I've always said that once I got one the goals would start coming, but I didn't expect to score two in the next game! Sometimes we've played really well but just not got the results, and I think we got our reward for some excellent football today. We had three or four good chances in the first half, and the whole team put in a good performance. This result is a great boost to confidence. Now we've got to look ahead to Leyton Orient next week."

Guest oa_exile
I was very disappointed with the complete lack of badge-kissing in his celebrations.

lol :grin: Stevie , :mmm: keeps telling us he loves the Club , bit more enthusiasm required me thinks :dance:

Didnt even get booked for any of his goals , shows a lack of commitment :laught16:

Exile will be keeping any eye on that in future :exile:

I'm sure he did a cheeky badge kiss as he ran along in front of the Chaddy.

Also and I hope this isn't a :titanic: moment, but did anyone else notice Chris Taylors header was going wide, but when it bounced it curled in :) , dunno if it was the spin or the pitch, thats what caused Sullivans flap into the post/side netting :lol:

Also and I hope this isn't a :titanic: moment, but did anyone else notice Chris Taylors header was going wide, but when it bounced it curled in :) , dunno if it was the spin or the pitch, thats what caused Sullivans flap into the post/side netting :lol:

I should think so. Can anyone confirm that he did in fact indulge in a spot of badge kissing? Next time he scores I want to see him eating badge!

Guest jet_dd34
Next time he scores I want to see him eating badge!

Next time he scores I want to see him run to the touchline, drop his shorts :shock: and get the Latics badge tatooed on his right cheek. :grin:

Unless he does this, I'm not convinced about his committment. ^_^

:zigga:

The header actually took a deflection off a defender, but who cares.

He held his badge as he ran across the Chaddy, and then punched the corner flag. When he got back to the half-way line, he slapped himself twice on the forehead and then pushed his head forward illustrating what he had had done to score.

For the second goal, he appeared to be marvelling at his good fortune as he ran across the Chaddy, but then he went well out of his way to seek out Warne, to thank him for laying on the goal with a great pass.

Did anyone else see Sean Gregan having abit of fun with Chris Taylor after he scored his first, suggesting that it had gone in off his shoulder and not his head, thats why Taylor touched his head when he got back to the half way line to indicate to Gregan that it went in off his head and not his shoulder, Gregan wasnt having any of it and just kept laughing.

Guest jet_dd34
Did anyone else see Sean Gregan having abit of fun with Chris Taylor after he scored his first, suggesting that it had gone in off his shoulder and not his head, thats why Taylor touched his head when he got back to the half way line to indicate to Gregan that it went in off his head and not his shoulder, Gregan wasnt having any of it and just kept laughing.

Tis things like this that illustrate the big difference in the dressing room camaraderie between this season and last. :)

Anyone think Shez warned him about his goal celebrations in future.

He's on 4 yellow's now. So I think he's had a little word in his ear, about how he reacts. Cant be getting him booked for another celebration. No matter how much he wants to jump into the Chaddy and run around the pitch.

Anyone think Shez warned him about his goal celebrations in future.

He's on 4 yellow's now. So I think he's had a little word in his ear, about how he reacts. Cant be getting him booked for another celebration. No matter how much he wants to jump into the Chaddy and run around the pitch.

Haven't we reached the amnesty for five yellow cards now though? In which case, he'd only get a slap on the wrist from the FA for picking up his fifth.