World to end on Wednesday

Well we're still here, thoughI do believe that there is a big anomaly around Tel-Aviv.

Whilst out walking the dog this morning, something very wierd happened.....

A school kid no older than 13 came up to me with a very worried look on his face and just blurted out "excuse me, are we really all going to die today?"

I don't think my lad has been talking about it at school I will check again tonite, but at training last night a few of the kids told me that we're all going to die because of this experiment. I don't know where they got it from, I'd like to think that if the schools were debating the issue, that they'd keep to the science theory and not the critical theory.

Will do the little buggers some good, we were brought up under the threat of nuclear war, never did us any harm.

Yeah, I remember it was about 81 - 82 and the teacher (who looking back was a bit of a tree hugger come to think of it) was really driving the nuclear war thing - "It's bound to happen in your lifetime", she stressed. It scared the hell out of me, I suppose it still does - she may still be right...

I dont think it was s case of the teachers talking about it to the kids, it was more likely to be the older kids trying to put the fear of god up the smaller ones.

My lad came out with a classic though. He said "yeah but dad, if some crazy science man was going to do something to kill everyone then god is gonna be really mad because he made earth so we can all be happy".

Now, how do you explain to a 6 year old that on one hand he is talking about god creating the planet, then on the other hand were discussing some scientists who are trying to recreate the explosion that created the universe????

I will stick to playing on the Nintendo Wii and playing lego with him :blink:

It's alright now though, since the USSR dissolved and the constant threat of oblivion disappeared the world became quite a nice place to be in the mid to late 90s. But that won't drive constant consumerism and keep capitalisms wheels turning. Now I wonder where another global threat could come from to help maintain the authority of western governments...

It's alright now though, since the USSR dissolved and the constant threat of oblivion disappeared the world became quite a nice place to be in the mid to late 90s. But that won't drive constant consumerism and keep capitalisms wheels turning. Now I wonder where another global threat could come from to help maintain the authority of western governments...

Hate to dissappoint you Tony, but your wife doesn't spend all of your money on shoes because of some capitalist plot. They are just like that.

Now, how do you explain to a 6 year old that on one hand he is talking about god creating the planet, then on the other hand were discussing some scientists who are trying to recreate the explosion that created the universe????

Yeah I know, my lad comes out with some belters from school as well.

As a side note, I don't think it'll harm my eldest (nearly 6) to be taught religion in school as long as when he gets older, and he is starting out in the sciences - that he is taught science. They can keep their creationist intelligent design nonsense to themselves.

Morning everyone. Has the universe ended where you are? I must admit it’s different today in Burton - it’s stopped raining!

Some critics of this experiment thingy claim it will create "black holes" of intense gravity that could implode the Earth, or that it will open the way for beings from another universe to invade through a "worm hole" in space-time.

Purely by coincidence (or because he must have a new CD due for release) Robbie Williams has been chasing a lifelong interest in the paranormal by searching out aliens from observatories in the Arizona desert. He claims his beliefs were confirmed after he encountered a being - shortly after writing a song about aliens.

I'd like to think that if the schools were debating the issue, that they'd keep to the science theory and not the critical theory.

Yeah, I remember it was about 81 - 82 and the teacher (who looking back was a bit of a tree hugger come to think of it) was really driving the nuclear war thing - "It's bound to happen in your lifetime", she stressed. It scared the hell out of me, I suppose it still does - she may still be right...

Reminds me of the time I was told in school in '93 by my RE teacher that the world was going to end the following week. Scared the crap out of me then. This was in South Africa and she was blaming it on 'the Satanists' :shock:

Those were the days!

I heard that about robbie Williams too.

He said he had just finished recording a song about aliens and was sat in his studio when a strange smelling small being with beady eyes came in the studio and starting making high pitched noises which made all the equipment go funny........

Nice to see he still meets up with Mark Owen then :lol:

I heard that about robbie Williams too.

He said he had just finished recording a song about aliens and was sat in his studio when a strange smelling small being with beady eyes came in the studio and starting making high pitched noises which made all the equipment go funny........

Nice to see he still meets up with Mark Owen then :lol:

:lol:

Purely by coincidence (or because he must have a new CD due for release) Robbie Williams has been chasing a lifelong interest in the paranormal by searching out aliens from observatories in the Arizona desert. He claims his beliefs were confirmed after he encountered a being - shortly after writing a song about aliens.

What a crackpot. Seems his indulgent past is starting to catch up with him. It always starts with the aliens doesn't it? Next he'll be claiming somebody is tapping his phone. Cuckoo...

The world? Value for money really...

It's actually quite a bit once you adjust for inflation. Whoever hired God to do the building would have been useful in sorting out the Wembley deal though, he certainly wasn't being paid a daily rate or he'd still be working on the undomesticated animals.