Dongs view

sorry but they were the best team we have played this season and caused us a lot of problems in both halves we won a game were we were second best for long periods so their manager was probably watching the same game as me

Couldnt agree more mate. However, the only area I disagree with is that they missed lots of chances. I thought that, even though they caused us lots of problems and were easily the best team we have played so far, we created the more clear cut chances in the game. Yes they had the penalty and two further chances through Wilbraham. Other than that, they were restricted to longer distance efforts.

sorry but they were the best team we have played this season and caused us a lot of problems in both halves we won a game were we were second best for long periods so their manager was probably watching the same game as me

Yep, looked a very good side. They'll certainly be up at the right end of the table come the end of the season.

They're a good side MK and will go far this season...they're a quality striker from a playoff outfit though I feel.

Best side I've seen this year I reckon...was on hols for Col U but other than that, in order of quality...

1. MK

2. Tranmere

3. Millwall

4. Leeds

5. Cheltenham

Edited by jsslatic

They're a good side MK and will go far this season...they're a quality striker from a playoff outfit though I feel.

Best side I've seen this year I reckon...was on hols for Col U but other than that, in order of quality...

1. MK

2. Tranmere

3. Millwall

4. Leeds

5. Cheltenham

Was impressed with the Dongs, but never felt they would score. Even at 1-0 we weren't hsnging on.

Excellent result and battling, even when not at our best. Games like that win promotion.

From KMK Dons fan site (The MooCamp):

My thoughts from today.

First half we were unlucky to go in one down - had we taken the penalty or Albie hadn't missed a sitter just before half time, I think it would have been a fair reflection on the chances in the first half. Having said that, at times in the first half I thought we were given a football lesson by Oldham today. They were first to every loose ball, they were playing for each other, and they looked like they wanted it more. Their control was better, their movement off the ball was better, and their movement with the ball was better.

Jude was at fault for their first goal, but it started with Leven losing possession when Lewie was out of position, and Willie committed himself way too early, so all the blame shouldn't lie with him. Biggest dissapointment of the first half for me was Cummings - I don't know whether he was injured, but his head had dropped within 20 minutes and he didn't look interested from that point onwards. He lost possession frequently and never once looked to win it back. Shocking. I thought Sean and Jude both looked poor and uneasy throughout the first half, and Belsen looked poor.

I thought Sammy was great in the first half, and I think he was very unlucky to have a goal disallowed.

Now the second half...

I'm struggling to remember a poorer performance from us than I saw in the second half today. We looked clueless. Cummings stayed on the pitch, yet Wright was subbed - I don't get that. Most of our threats in most of our games this season have come from Wright, yet Cummings strolled round the pitch with his hands on his hips for half of the second half. Jude got worse as the match went on, and defensively, we were being ripped open again and again. Only a few great saves from Willie kept the score respectable. We really missed Danny today, but i'd like to understand why Llera wasn't given a run out, either from the start or from the moment it was clear that defensively it wasn't working for us.

Why Navarro and Johnson stayed on the bench (Nav for the whole match, JJ for 80 minutes or so) when Belsen and Cummings were struggling so much, I really don't understand.

From talking to people who listened on horizon, we were unlucky not to get a point. From my perspective, we were lucky to not concede far more than we did.

The text I got from the club said that Di Matteo thinks we had control of that game. I think he's insane.

Much more balanced view than their manager!

Reminded me a lot of the Swansea game last season.

But we are a better side now.

it was nothing like the swansea game,

swansea battered us and lost. mk dons are a good footballing team with alot of big lads who won headers and alot of 50 50 balls, we played good football at times and the players worked their arses off.we created the better chances by far

i never felt we would concede unlike when we played swansea who where superb and proved it.

mkdons are a good side and having only seen them once think they will make the playoffs but then again, bristol rovers came up last season beat us and deserved it and they did nothing, its a long season and i wouldnt be suprised if they dropped off the pace.

a draw would not have been unfair but they did not deserve to win.......swansea did