Reserves today

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latics reserves beat Bury 2-1 in this afternoons Manchester Senior Cup, with goals from O'Grady and Davies.

The pick for me were O'Grady and Stam, but neither of the trialist wingers really impressed (one was French I understand).

Richie Byrne looked better at centre back than left back - where his distribution left something to be desired.

My thoughts though go to Bury centre back Ryan Cresswell, who suffered what appeared to be a serious head injury.

Byrne -

Distribution bad ?

Sounds like he has picked up a few tips from Eardley already !!

Latics reserves beat Bury 2-1 in this afternoons Manchester Senior Cup, with goals from O'Grady and Davies.

The pick for me were O'Grady and Stam, but neither of the trialist wingers really impressed (one was French I understand).

Richie Byrne looked better at centre back than left back - where his distribution left something to be desired.

My thoughts though go to Bury centre back Ryan Cresswell, who suffered what appeared to be a serious head injury.

_44174848_carole203.jpg

This guy by any chance?

Guest oa_exile
wondered why the cameraman and commentator were interviewing the crowd

Maybe they were asking questions about .......

how many reserve games constitutes SuperDuperFan?

:grin:

We won 2-1 , report on the official website.

Dale Stephens was very good I thought, and Richie Byrne was outstanding. Two good goals, taken well by O'Grady and Davies, one in each half.

A nasty injury (head or neck) to a Bury player which required three physios and a doctor to attend him in the goalmouth.

I thought Kalala played quite well until he hurt himself near the end. I didn't rate the two triallists.

But then I know nothing.

:cardinal:

Stephens best man first half - but faded badly 2nd half (like he did last time i saw ressies) maybe he's not got fitness to correct levels yet ?? Looks excellent on ball every time i've seen him and got an eye for a pass and a shot. Bryne looked ok at LB, BUT very very good at centre half when stammy was given a rest - decent addition to squad and gives strength at LB - he shouldn't replace Kelvin tho. Davies looked sparky at times and worked hard, esp. from 20mins onwards ... superb volley for goal.

All in all a decent standard from both teams ... trialists not good enough tho.

Byrne -

Distribution bad ?

Sounds like he has picked up a few tips from Eardley already !!

it wasn,t a fantastic game we should have took care of the ball better at times,but bury were no better,stam was great today and lee was very good looks like he,s ready now if we need him,the trialists as said above wasn,t good enough,but i was most dissappointed with the up front although they got a goal apiece that was it the rest of there play was shoddy

id like to go to reserve games but unfortunately i have a job (well 2 in fact) ^_^

Greedy! A lot of people don't have any these days, hope your happy with yourself! :angry::grin:

Thought Stephens had a good game, some nice passing, maybe could take a decent free-kick? Davies put in a shift and did well for his efforts. O'Grady took his goal excellently. I didn't rate Byrne, he's alright but I think Lomax's spot is safe for now. Doubt we'll be seeing the trialists back, decent in spells!

Maher thing is odd. Only gets a couple of minutes here and there yet the other week he was thrown in with a start at Burnley and then it was said players like him aren't getting enough match practice. Ideal opportunity today. Unless the scouts are out for Kalala. Hmmm maybe not...

Alright.

Can't see why Kalala was out there if he wasn't being watched. He was limping for at least two-thirds of the game, and ended up playing at right back. Funnily enough, I wasn't sure he was any worse than when he is fully fit.

Stephens was definite the man to watch, until he tired about two thirds in and the two goals were well taken.

Thompson had a good game, though he wasn't really tested. Bur Thompson, Stam and Fleming have got to be kicking themselves at shipping a goal!

As for the triallists, two wingers, the short coloured lad on the right (Carlos something or other???) looked tidy and showed some good skill, but unfortunately never put in an accurate cross, Worth another look though I thought. The other lad, a left-winger never really got more than a few touches but didn't really do anything bad either.

Oh, and Djemba-Djemba looked, bright, had a couple of long-range shots.

Overall, I thought that if that team played in League One proper, thet wouldn't be relegated...happy days!!

I'm not sure D_S qualifies as a Super Duper Fan now he has been on holiday instead of going to the ressies! :grin:

I only go to the Ressies when I'm in Oldham or when they're playing in the Midlands. Tonight neither of those applies, as they're at Stockport (kick-off 7.00pm).

According to the rarely wrong Chron, the Wolf is back! T Rialist is also in the squad again.

I only go to the Ressies when I'm in Oldham or when they're playing in the Midlands. Tonight neither of those applies, as they're at Stockport (kick-off 7.00pm).

According to the rarely wrong Chron, the Wolf is back! T Rialist is also in the squad again.

Surely Stockport is in the Midlands though, isn't it? :wink:

I hope we aren't at Stockport :wink: