Preserve the RRE atmosphere - Huddersfield H

Following the post about Hudds only selling 650 tickets upto yesterday, should the Club not consider giving them the small section? History shows they havent brought 1500 for a league game to BP for the last 3 seasons . With the start they have had, is this season going to be any different. The RRE has been buzzing, and would hate to see that spoiled due to the fickle yorkies. Does anyone know if the club is considering this.

KEEP THE FAITH

I agree but I can't see the club doing a U-turn on this one as they must of had talks about whether to give it Hudds in the first place. Fair enough if the Yorkies were doing well but their not and its highly unlikely that they'll bring more than 1500 and even if they do bring 1700ish then it's just going to cause more problems for the home fans moving and only benefit Huddersfield fan's. Also whilst were top of the league I expect more casual fan's to turn up and I think the chances of Oldham having more fans in the RRE is a big one.

Leeds & Leicester games yes but this one we shouldn't be moved.

I agree but I can't see the club doing a U-turn on this one as they must of had talks about whether to give it Hudds in the first place. Fair enough if the Yorkies were doing well but their not and its highly unlikely that they'll bring more than 1500 and even if they do bring 1700ish then it's just going to cause more problems for the home fans moving and only benefit Huddersfield fan's. Also whilst were top of the league I expect more casual fan's to turn up and I think the chances of Oldham having more fans in the RRE is a big one.

Leeds & Leicester games yes but this one we shouldn't be moved.

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember Huddersfield ever bringing over 1500 in the league, and this game will probably attract more home fans into the RRE. Moving the home fans into the smaller section is both pointless and a liability.

How many have we had in the big section so far? 2000 maybe? The only real difference will be that the Latics section of the RRE will be jam packed rather than spread out and with empty seats at the front and sides. It's really not worth getting worked up about.

how many will pay on the gate??? im sure they will reach a thousand or close to it.

Fair enough we might of previously had say 2000 fans in the large section but with the lure of a derby game whilst we sit nicely at the top of the league then surely the RRE could attract upto a thousand more fans. All for the sake of accomdating the Y*rkshire scum it's really not worth causing hassle to the home fan's who have had to move already from the Lookers. Just seems pointless to me..

i just think this is all a big f**k Up Really, Because Of the Derby Status And Where We Are In The League We Would Attract Alot More Fans To The Game And No Doubt All The Extra Fans Being Located Into RRE. They Have Taken A risk With This To Be Honest, In MY Opionion I think they Will Lose Out.

I fail to see how, We got 5000 home form at the last game, at most that will increase by 700 for the Hudders game. If those 700 turn up at the big section of the RRE hoping to get in, they'll be shown the direction to the home end opposite which had huge open areas to go in.

I think some are over egging the atmosphere that we have in the RRE.

Following the post about Hudds only selling 650 tickets upto yesterday, should the Club not consider giving them the small section? History shows they havent brought 1500 for a league game to BP for the last 3 seasons . With the start they have had, is this season going to be any different. The RRE has been buzzing, and would hate to see that spoiled due to the fickle yorkies. Does anyone know if the club is considering this.

KEEP THE FAITH

Unfortunately I guess that the seats have been allocated, and the turnstiles which they are to use will be on the ticket. Changing now will cause confusion, and a possibility of fans being in the wrong section. The police will never allow it to be changed now.

it is hassle. We may have known for months but the atmosphere is building and people were starting to get an understanding and a feeling for the new stand and now its being changed for the day with may change the atmosphere and put people off.

i only expect more problems and prob be out sung.

Not miserable, just sick of the club being moaned at for something that has been known from the first day season tickets went on sale.

People may have known about it for months but we're just asking for a bit of common sense. What's the point in moving people completely unnecessarily? It's likely Hudders will fail to bring more than 1500 so the whole idea of moving the home fans to accomodate them becomes unnecesarry. Just because the club said pre season that we would be moved for games like this doesn't mean they have to stick rigidly to that, under the circumstances of our league position and theirs, it would be much more logical to leave the home fans in the big section.