Hughes celebration

I was there yesterday and I must admit that I did think he purposely went over to their fans to do his 'jig'.

He only came away from them when our other players joined him to celebrate and they turned him away from them.

I said to my family that I wished he would stop doing it.

Ok the dance is fine but don't run over and purposely wind the opposing fans up.

I'm preparing for the slating now, but it was just an opinion from what I saw yeterday....... :ohno:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there yesterday and I must admit that I did think he purposely went over to their fans to do his 'jig'.

He only came away from them when our other players joined him to celebrate and they turned him away from them.

I said to my family that I wished he would stop doing it.

Ok the dance is fine but don't run over and purposely wind the opposing fans up.

I'm preparing for the slating now, but it was just an opinion from what I saw yeterday....... :ohno:

Don't apologise. You are entitled to an opinion.

4 different people can all see it differently............Until you see it on the tele and then you have to accept that view instead :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Guest oa_exile
Highlights are now on youtube and I have to admit it dosent look nowhere near as bad second time...

Taylors looked alot worse...but again...certinaly not clear cut...

Watched the highlights this morning and I was very disappointed with Chris Taylors goal celebration. Clearly wound up the home fans by dancing in front of them. It very much did it on purpose. While I accept that Chris has served his time and I fully support Latics taking him on. He needs to rise above any sort of stick the opposition might throw his way. The best response is to stick in a goal.

Its a growing trend in football. Happens weekly in the prem and is starting to happen more in our league. For me inciting the crowd should be a straight red card. Very unprofessional. Football fans will always give the players stick. Its part and parcel. I think if Chris or any player wants to approach a couple thousands fans and give them a piece of his mind he should be ready for some sort of come back aka Millwall... Where he had to run and hide, not for the first time in his life....

Im sorry put he is starting to piss me off abit...you took a life mate...live with the stick.... I think you need to be whiter than white mate....your representing my club...I personally expect better from you... And I am going to tell him next time I see him...

Yep , that Ginner needs to get his act together :wink:

As i have said above I dont care about him dancing but having just watched the highlights, OAFC0000 you are talking crap, he faces their fans for all of 1 sec on the video before turning round.

Whilst you are correct about the original post, give the lad a break as he has reviewed the video and retracted his objection. Fair play to him.

Now all we need now is for the FA to review Gregans red card. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

TBH i'm more annoyed about Hughesy picking Chris Taylor up after his goal. I know the lad only weighs about 7 stone but it's downright irresponsible when he's recovering from hernia surgery and carrying a groin injury, and if he ends up missing the huddersfield game he should come out and apologise.

:wink:

Come on...there is adifference from celebrating a goal on the field and leaving the field and approaching the away fans, dancing a dance while staring at them....

My opinion is the clubs scoring record has stood for far too long....53 years ? Bert Lister should have done it but was not allowed to for some reason..

Now we have a centre forward more than capable of doing it..........

36 will do Lee.....become the legend......

i find myself in a strange predicament once again......as i can vouch that oafc0000 was against the signing of huhges from the start,not because of the player that he is,but because of what occured and what he did or didnt do,which has been gone over time and time again until people are sick of it...

however i cant say i have a problem with any player celebrating a goal,some who dont score often havent got a clue and just run off,others do a samba jig or even back flips and so on.

i dont think hughes celebration dance is anything special or anything to wind other fans up,to me he looks a bit of a tit doing it,but thats how he celebrates,just the same as other players sucking there thumbs or pretending to rock a baby.....they look ridiculous,but hey,who are we to argue....

i have lost count of how many times opposing players have been given shyte from the chaddy end then scored,turned round and gave us stick back,either cupping there ear or pointing to there name etc etc,its part and parcel of football......if we stop people celebrating it really is coming to something.

the one pleasing thing is oafc0000 has retracted his innitial objection,so at least he is learning to cope with others views......finally,lol

Watched the highlights this morning and I was very disappointed with Lee Hughes goal celebration. Clearly wound up the home fans by dancing in front of them. It very much did it on purpose. While I accept that Lee has served his time and I fully support Latics taking him on. He needs to rise above any sort of stick the opposition might throw his way. The best response is to stick in a goal.

Its a growing trend in football. Happens weekly in the prem and is starting to happen more in our league. For me inciting the crowd should be a straight red card. Very unprofessional. Football fans will always give the players stick. Its part and parcel. I think if Lee or any player wants to approach a couple thousands fans and give them a piece of his mind he should be ready for some sort of come back aka Millwall... Where he had to run and hide, not for the first time in his life....

Im sorry put he is starting to piss me off abit...you took a life mate...live with the stick.... I think you need to be whiter than white mate....your representing my club...I personally expect better from you... And I am going to tell him next time I see him...

All part of the game and i'd rather he shoved it in the fans face after all the stick he gets instead of doing something stupid on the pitch!

On LW both commentators said after the first goal Lee Hughes is doing that silly dance again in front of the the pool fans, and wished he stopped doing it after every goal! now whether or not it is his intention to wind up the opposition fans, that is clearly what he is doing as it has been mentioned several times by away fans!

I agree forgive and forget but if I had been given a second chance after serving time at a very lucrative job I sure as hell would be doing all I could to keep a low profile--so yes I think he should tone his celebrations down abit

Edited by laticsmad

His celebration was fine! I am shocked that some people on this board have such needless reactions against our own players!

I am much more ashamed of some of our fans than I have ever been of Lee Hughes and his celebrations. I personally think it is cool to have a trademark celebration. Who ever complained at Robbie Keane doing his roll thing at the opposition fans? Come on, Lee Hughes is getting on now...... you can't expect him to run to the other end of the field to do a dance!

Is there any short clips of Hughesys celebration anywhere? I would like it as my avatar.

For what it's worth I don't see any reason why he should change his celeration. He has always celebrated like that! Being convicted of any crime need not result in an altered goal celebration ffs.......get a grip! :lol:

Now, if he wheeled away after scoring and pretended to snort the goal-line before imitating driving off at speed..........

Watched the highlights this morning and I was very disappointed with Lee Hughes goal celebration. Clearly wound up the home fans by dancing in front of them. It very much did it on purpose. While I accept that Lee has served his time and I fully support Latics taking him on. He needs to rise above any sort of stick the opposition might throw his way. The best response is to stick in a goal.

Its a growing trend in football. Happens weekly in the prem and is starting to happen more in our league. For me inciting the crowd should be a straight red card. Very unprofessional. Football fans will always give the players stick. Its part and parcel. I think if Lee or any player wants to approach a couple thousands fans and give them a piece of his mind he should be ready for some sort of come back aka Millwall... Where he had to run and hide, not for the first time in his life....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..........

This is a whoosh......yeah?

Are we on about the same dance he used to do before he "killed" someone? I do think he does one or two things on the pitch that he shouldn't, but if you want him to run down to our end after scoring and celebrate infront of our lot, then that's a good way to knacker him out and get him injured.

Next we'll be saying that Shearer was a Nazi for his goal celebration...

If people didn't find offense in every little thing then this world would be a much better place.

i find myself in a strange predicament once again......as i can vouch that oafc0000 was against the signing of huhges from the start,not because of the player that he is,but because of what occured and what he did or didnt do,which has been gone over time and time again until people are sick of it...

I WAS 100% BEHIND THE SIGNING OF HUGHES!!!!!!!!!

Please can someone please show me ONE just ONE thread where I have said I didnt want Hughes. I was happy for the club to take him on.

Get pissed of with people trying to smear me....

I dont mind people disagreeing with me but when people are just lying about what I have said in the past its dam well out of order.

Edited by oafc0000

I WAS 100% BEHIND THE SIGNING OF HUGHES!!!!!!!!!

Please can someone please show me ONE just ONE thread where I have said I didnt want Hughes. I was happy for the club to take him on.

Get pissed of with people trying to smear me....

I dont mind people disagreeing with me but when people are just lying about what I have said in the past its dam well out of order.

i can assure you i was not trying to smear you....i distinctly remember you comming out with some inane posting regarding hughes when he was about to sign....along the lines of he is a decent enough footballer if he still has it,but for what he did and the manner he did it in you didnt want him associated with our club..

if im wrong ill hold my hands up and apologise....

now stop sending me personal messages name calling please.....its a message board not a playground.

i can assure you i was not trying to smear you....i distinctly remember you comming out with some inane posting regarding hughes when he was about to sign....along the lines of he is a decent enough footballer if he still has it,but for what he did and the manner he did it in you didnt want him associated with our club..

if im wrong ill hold my hands up and apologise....

now stop sending me personal messages name calling please.....its a message board not a playground.

I told you that you was a out of order for trying to smear me...

Your dead wrong... I never posted such a post and I challenge you to prove the carp you are talking...

Bare face lies are childish....

Once you fail to find what dosent exist I will take your apology

Edited by oafc0000

I told you that you was a out of order for trying to smear me...

Your dead wrong... I never posted such a post and I challenge you to prove the carp you are talking...

Bare face lies are childish....

Once you fail to find what dosent exist I will take your apology

calm down dear.......i have already said if im wrong i will apologise so if your correct what ya worrying for....

calm down dear.......i have already said if im wrong i will apologise so if your correct what ya worrying for....

Im worrying because I say ONE negative thing about Hughes and next thing I know im the biggest hughes hater in the world. People start lieing about what I stand for, twisting my words, making me out to be something I have never been.

Its out of order and ruins any chance of having a sensible discussion on anything....