Hughes celebration

I give a toss what people think about my club. Therefore i give a toss what Hughes does.

It is old news, but also current news (as in that opposition fans will bring the subject up). He should apply himself differently and not do his daft dance in front of the other teams fans.

NB. What Andy Campbell did was, frankly, hilarious. But he has no history.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

I think its a pretty pap celebration to be honest. However, he has the right to celebrate, the day they bring yellow cards in for people who take their shirts off will be a sad day for football, the day they bring in yellow cards to stop people celebrating goals will be a sad day for football.

In the short clip this morning, Hughes ran to one side and celebrated looking at his team mates, hence looking towards the latics fans.

Next you are going to say a goal scorer will be inticing the away fans if he celebrates infront of the RRE!!

I've got it Lee......Next time you score in front of the opposing fans, please sprint 120 yards to the other end of the pitch to celebrate in front of your own fans - some of which still don't appreciate your contribution anyway, damage your groin, be knackered for the rest of the game, but just DO NOT...i repeat DO NOT enjoy what you like doing best Scoring goals!!

FFS he's a footballer and one of the best centre forwards we've had at BP (certainly in the last 30 years), celebrate away Hughesy

Edited by futchers briefs

Your all twisting my point...

No, you are twisting your own point. You started off about how he should button it because he took a life, then you twisted it to pretend that you would feel the same if it was any other player. Which, in my book, makes you a :censored:ing liar. Go and sit with the Millwall scum next time and pretend he owes you something for the crime he committed, rather than the remorse he has actually shown, in private, to the relatives of the victims. They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps.

If you'd have said "melons man" then OAFC i'd have sprung into a Happy mondays classic :dance:

It perfectic.. No point posting on here as people just twist your words into a point you was never trying to make...

I wonder how people would of reacted if it was Joey Barton giving it large....

No, you are twisting your own point. You started off about how he should button it because he took a life, then you twisted it to pretend that you would feel the same if it was any other player. Which, in my book, makes you a :censored:ing liar. Go and sit with the Millwall scum next time and pretend he owes you something for the crime he committed, rather than the remorse he has actually shown, in private, to the relatives of the victims. They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps.

Firstly...any need to swear ? No need to get personal with me....

Secondly.. I made my point clear... Im against this stuff no matter the player... and yes I am even more against it went it is Lee Hughes as our club as put its head on the chopping block to give this bloke a chance. I expect more professional behaviour from all our players.

You need to let people have a opinion and not treat them like this when they have a differing opinion...no need for it.. comparing me to millwall fans etc...way over the top...

It seems that ANYTHING negative towards Lee is going to be jumped on and dismissed now seeing he is scoring goals. i like Lee...but his celebration wasnt in good taste in my opinion...I hardly think it warrants your reaction...

Edited by oafc0000

Firstly...any need to swear ? No need to get personal with me....

Secondly.. I made my point clear... Im against this stuff no matter the player... and yes I am even more against it went it is Lee Hughes as our club as put its head on the chopping block to give this bloke a chance. I expect more professional behaviour from all our players.

You my friend need to grow up a bit and let people have a opinion...

I'm quite happy for you to have your opinion, just as I am free to point out that you are lying about your motivations. You were one of those aboard the high horse against signing him in the first place, and you haven't let it lie. Telling him not to celebrate a goal is giving in to people like the Millwall fans, and the chavier element of the Tranmere lot, who don't think he should be allowed to play. Hope you are happy with the company you keep on your exalted higher ground.

You were one of those aboard the high horse against signing him in the first place, and you haven't let it lie.

Right your really beging to annoy me now. I was one of the user saying we was dead right to offer him a second chance!!!

I think you better go hit the search faciltity and back up your lies.....

:angry:

Edited by oafc0000

It perfectic.. No point posting on here as people just twist your words into a point you was never trying to make...

I wonder how people would of reacted if it was Joey Barton giving it large....

I think as LL has said, it seems you are actually twisting your own point - A Latics' player scores and celebrates - regardless of who he is, what he is done etc, and we all celebrate with them every week - if Taylor does a dance, will that disgust you the same - if the answer is yes, i'd have to question your honesty i'm afraid.

Celebrations are part of football - every league, every team, every individual has their own - may it continue :bblue2::hanged:

Right your really beging to annoy me now. I was one of the user saying we was dead right to offer him a second chance!!!

I think you better go hit the search faciltity and back up your lies.....

:angry:

If I was wrong about you being anti his signing, then I retract that and apologise. I maintain that you are talking out of your arse when you say that it isn't because of his conviction that you object to his celebration, when you said as much yourself in your initial post, even after editing. And I don't care if I am annoying you, you are annoying me with your sham moralistic attitude.

Well I am saying yes because I have spoken about this issue on here at least twice before. And thats a fact.

ok, if that's your view....without sounding sarcastic, have you ever played football at any level before - never mind in front of a crowd, if so surely you will understand the feeling that any footballer will/does get when they score, a celebration is a natural human reaction to many weeks of hard work on the training ground and if you honestly believe that football would be a better game without the celebration of a goal, then i think you're very wrong.

Edited by futchers briefs

If I was wrong about you being anti his signing, then I retract that and apologise. I maintain that you are talking out of your arse when you say that it isn't because of his conviction that you object to his celebration, when you said as much yourself in your initial post, even after editing. And I don't care if I am annoying you, you are annoying me with your sham moralistic attitude.

Ok....so 1....you admit your actually just lied to try and discount my opinion...well done...you do this alot....

2, I have admitted it is partly to do with his conviction...as I am expect him to be whiter than white while at the club considering his past...

But I am 100% against players approacing the crowd in this way and have shown this in the past...

All these nasty little stickers your trying to put on me just wont stick because your talkg out of your arse and trying to rubbish my opinion by lieing...

Edited by oafc0000

ok, if that's your view....without sounding sarcastic, have you ever played football at any level before - never mind in front of a crowd, if so surely you will understand the feeling that any footballer will/does get when they score, a celebration is a natural huan reaction to many weeks of hard work on the training ground and if you honestly believe that football would be a better game without the celebration of a goal, then i think you're very wrong.

Other than kick around on the park...no...

But I have never said a player shouldnt celeberate.... If he had gone and celebrated with the players... or just hung around the goal that would of been fine... But thats not what happened...or at least that not what I think happened...wished I haddnt deleted the highlights now :(

What amazes me the most is that your entire argument is based on the few seconds shown on ITV this morning, which at the absolute best is completely inconclusive in terms of Hughes supposedly baiting the Hartlepool fans. For a start, the camera was behind Hughes looking toward the goal - so when he started the 'dance' and was facing the crowd there is absolutely no way you could surmise that he was "staring at the Hartlepool fans" because the camera was looking at the back of his head!

Then, when people dare to disagree with your opinion you accuse them of not caring whilst citing your right to an opinion.

Yes, you are entitled to an opinion, but when it's based on the flimsiest of evidence you should expect others to hold a different opinion, and you shouldn't get so aggressive when they post it.

No doubt you will retort that others are being aggressive too - well, dare I say, in the spirit of infant school playground fights (which is about the level of this thread) ... YOU started it.

Edited by garcon

One point in this thread that is relevant is the fact that the referee saw fit not to book Hughes for overcelebrating yesterday. Therefore in the opinion of an unbiased (and with referees I usually use the term lightly) witness to the incident Hughes did not overdo the celebration.

Lets face it we have seen some pretty soft bookings already this season for over celebrating, including IIRC Chris Taylor, so even the slightest sign that Hughes had overstepped the mark would surely have resulted in a yellow card.

I think everyone should take time out to watch it again on TV/Latics world. I really cannot see what is wrong with it if he is facing into the pitch or towards our fans. The fact remains that he scored at their end of the ground and went towards the corner he was running to as he headed the ball in the first place. He did not go to the corner flag right in front of the home fans as Taylor did. Now really which was the worst scenario of these 2 for "winding" the home fans up?

Also, his past has absolutely nothing to do with his celebration. If you accept the principle that he has served his allocated punishement, and you say you do accept that principle, then he is entitled to work and react in the same way as any other person.

Cheers,

Harry

What amazes me the most is that your entire argument is based on the few seconds shown on ITV this morning, which at the absolute best is completely inconclusive in terms of Hughes supposedly baiting the Hartlepool fans. For a start, the camera was behind Hughes looking toward the goal - so when he started the 'dance' ans was faacing the crowd there is absolutely no way you could surmise that he was "staring at the Hartlepool fans".

When its on virgin site tomoz we can have another look at it and if its has unclear as you say then I will full retract all this.

Then, when people dare to disagree with your opinion you accuse them of not caring whilst citing your right to an opinion.

Some peopel have said, as long as he is scoring goals then they dont care... That sounds uncaring to me... If you dont agree...fine...

I think everyone should take time out to watch it again on TV/Latics world. I really cannot see what is wrong with it if he is facing into the pitch or towards our fans. The fact remains that he scored at their end of the ground and went towards the corner he was running to as he headed the ball in the first place. He did not go to the corner flag right in front of the home fans as Taylor did. Now really which was the worst scenario of these 2 for "winding" the home fans up?

If Taylor did the same then I think he was out of order as well...

Im going to watch it again and then comment...