My view...

I thought it was 2 points dropped yesterday! Just hope that doesnt prove costly end of the season. Thought we played some really good stuff and we were the only team who was going to win it(10 men or not).

Was'nt too sure what happened on their second goal but the linesman had his flag up and ref over-ruled it?? Whats the point in a linesman i ask??

My rating's

Crossley 7 Could have done better on one of the goals.

Eardley 7 Going forward not bad few poor crosses though and got skinned a couple of times in second half.

Hazell 7 Pretty solid didnt do much wrong.

Gregan 7 Looked a class above before he decided to wrestle James brown to floor(no need to) and why lunge like that at a player on the halfway line we had players that were covering and would have got back. A very frustrating player to watch at times but over the season will do the business.

Lomax 7 Out of position a few times but other than that played well.

Allot 6 Worse game for a while, gave the ball away too much and crapped out of a few tackles.

Whittaker 8 My man of the match, thought he was full of energy, tracked back great going forward and great cross for the opener.

Liddel 7 Didnt cause too many problems, but solid.

Taylor 7 Thought he had a quieter game than normal but still managed to score 2 and was inches away from a hat-trick.

Hughes 8 Class act needs to stay free of injury for us to keep promotion on track. Makes space for himself and looks like he is going to score every time he gets sight of goal.

Alessandra 7 Clever play at times, but seems to lack pace.

Davies 7 Unlucky not to score, looked a danger, another 5 or 10 minutes think he would have scored.

O Grady 7 Hold up play was exellent unlucky not to score.

Byrne 7 Looks a good footballer. Comfortable on ball.

Think it was definately 2 points dropped but given the circumstances and hartlepool isnt the easiest place to go was a good point. Players can be proud , even with 10 men we murdered them. Only disapointment in my view was gregan, silly penalty and pointless tackle that he was never going to win. We need to keep this run going and keep Hughes fit :-)

SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Think it was definately 2 points dropped but given the circumstances and hartlepool isnt the easiest place to go was a good point.

Of course brownaldo it's not easy & it's never been easy for Latics at Hartepool. I like to see this as a point in the bag. Yes we were 2-0 up, but that's football I suppose.

Next team please...

I thought it was 2 points dropped yesterday! Just hope that doesnt prove costly end of the season. Thought we played some really good stuff and we were the only team who was going to win it(10 men or not).

Was'nt too sure what happened on their second goal but the linesman had his flag up and ref over-ruled it?? Whats the point in a linesman i ask??

My rating's

Crossley 7 Could have done better on one of the goals.

Eardley 7 Going forward not bad few poor crosses though and got skinned a couple of times in second half.

Hazell 7 Pretty solid didnt do much wrong.

Gregan 7 Looked a class above before he decided to wrestle James brown to floor(no need to) and why lunge like that at a player on the halfway line we had players that were covering and would have got back. A very frustrating player to watch at times but over the season will do the business.

Lomax 7 Out of position a few times but other than that played well.

Allot 6 Worse game for a while, gave the ball away too much and crapped out of a few tackles.

Whittaker 8 My man of the match, thought he was full of energy, tracked back great going forward and great cross for the opener.

Liddel 7 Didnt cause too many problems, but solid.

Taylor 7 Thought he had a quieter game than normal but still managed to score 2 and was inches away from a hat-trick.

Hughes 8 Class act needs to stay free of injury for us to keep promotion on track. Makes space for himself and looks like he is going to score every time he gets sight of goal.

Alessandra 7 Clever play at times, but seems to lack pace.

Davies 7 Unlucky not to score, looked a danger, another 5 or 10 minutes think he would have scored.

O Grady 7 Hold up play was exellent unlucky not to score.

Byrne 7 Looks a good footballer. Comfortable on ball.

Think it was definately 2 points dropped but given the circumstances and hartlepool isnt the easiest place to go was a good point. Players can be proud , even with 10 men we murdered them. Only disapointment in my view was gregan, silly penalty and pointless tackle that he was never going to win. We need to keep this run going and keep Hughes fit :-)

SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

I'd disagree with a few points there....

Lomax was a 6 very very shakey for the first 45 and was lucky to see us go in with a clean sheet at half time.

Gregan 6 - was good for the first 45 mins but i think the shirt pull back for the penalty was amateurish and he should know better. No chance his red card will get overturned. Granted was there and he didnt connect with the player but the video looks like he creams him.

Taylor was a 9 best performance i have seen from him in ages gave 110%

Hughes was a 7 great header for the goal but other than that did little possibly because his groin is still troubling him

Liner stuck his flag up to say the ball crossed the line

I'd disagree with a few points there....

Lomax was a 6 very very shakey for the first 45 and was lucky to see us go in with a clean sheet at half time.

Gregan 6 - was good for the first 45 mins but i think the shirt pull back for the penalty was amateurish and he should know better. No chance his red card will get overturned. Granted was there and he didnt connect with the player but the video looks like he creams him.

Taylor was a 9 best performance i have seen from him in ages gave 110%

Hughes was a 7 great header for the goal but other than that did little possibly because his groin is still troubling him

Liner stuck his flag up to say the ball crossed the line

Agree with these points you make.

Thought Taylor was excellent especially in the second half.

Would have taken Lomax off at H/T and brought Byrnes on but in view of Greegan dismissal it's a good job we didn't.

Greegan worries me though -

Absolutely outstanding at Leeds and Tranmere but nightmare game against MKD last week and another this week.

Given 2 silly penalties away in 2 weeks and could have conceeded another against MKD which was very boderline.

It seems he is either brilliant or extremely clumsy and does some very niaive things.

He could cost us dear during the season if he keeps this up.

3 game ban will give us a chance to see if we need him or not - didn't for most of last season !!!!

Linesman put the flag up to award the goal dint he

:shock: At what point did linesmen start putting their flags up to award a goal.

If he hadn't seen an infringement or an offside then he simply doesn't flag atall.

He definately did raise his flag which to me indicates that he saw either an offside or a foul, he was definately overuled or just ignored by the referee.

I have read several match reports etc and have seen no mention of or reference to the incident, the only thing I can think is that the linesman saw a foul or infringement committed by a Latics player so the goal was allowed to stand.

I didn't see any such infringement but it was at the opposite end of the ground from where we were sat.

Greegan worries me though -

Absolutely outstanding at Leeds and Tranmere but nightmare game against MKD last week and another this week.

"Nightmare" against MK Dons!!?? Different match than the one that took place at Boundary Park.

Edited by LaticsPete

"Nightmare" against MK Dons!!?? Different match than the one that took place at Boundary Park.

Nor was the pen he conceded 'silly'. And by most accounts 'Greegan' was MOM until his (harsh) red yesterday.

Strewth......suppose you can't be watching that closely, especially considering you can't spell his name.

:shock: At what point did linesmen start putting their flags up to award a goal.

When the ball crosses the line and comes back out. If he was giving an infringement he would have shook the flag above his head before holding it up to one side. As it was he held it up to his left and began running to the half way line, that is always the way linesmen show the ref the ball has gone in