My thoughts after watching the highlights

Two things after watchin the highlights.

1. Maybe a draw wasn't as bad a result as i thought on the day after the final whistle.

2. Crossley probably should have saved the 1st goal aswell as obviously the 2nd as i wasnt very impressed at all at what can only be described as a desperate flop for the 1st goal.

Crossley was at fault for #2 obv. which IMO was worse than the 3rd against Millwall,

BUT

for the the first Hughesy easily lost his man who planted a terrific diving header past Crossley ... he has reacted superbly for most of the season and last season on efforts at point blank range, to blame him on this one his pathetic, given his shot stopping has been terrific for us throughout.

Temple deserves RESPECT now give it him

Crossley was at fault for #2 obv. which IMO was worse than the 3rd against Millwall,

BUT

for the the first Hughesy easily lost his man who planted a terrific diving header past Crossley ... he has reacted superbly for most of the season and last season on efforts at point blank range, to blame him on this one his pathetic, given his shot stopping has been terrific for us throughout.

I can't respect him when i think the opposition is going to score from every wide position due to the immobility of our keeper. Everytime the ball goes near him i fear for the worst i can't be the only one.

BUT

Where were the defenders for the second a la third against Millwall. Strikers following up, defenders watching.

Two things after watchin the highlights.

1. Maybe a draw wasn't as bad a result as i thought on the day after the final whistle.

2. Crossley probably should have saved the 1st goal aswell as obviously the 2nd as i wasnt very impressed at all at what can only be described as a desperate flop for the 1st goal.

I like how you forget to point out it was a free header, why arent you blaming Hughes for not marking him? ... And it was from about 8 yards, how on earth is he expected to save that?

I like how you forget to point out it was a free header, why arent you blaming Hughes for not marking him? ... And it was from about 8 yards, how on earth is he expected to save that?

because Hughes is GOD !

He still could have got to it despite the defence is my point, good 'keepers get there defence out of trouble at times however Crossley never saves anything that makes you think 'how did he get to that or how did he save that' Where as a good keeper would pull of some of them e.g their keeper on saturday from Taylor.

Agree with Lordy, I've never seen the Temple make a good save you know one what makes you think how did he get to that...............bollocks. Absolute tosh Lordy he's made at least 1 of said saves per game so far this season.

Read the first line of that in astonishment. Must learn to read the full post before reacting :lol:

I can't respect him when i think the opposition is going to score from every wide position due to the immobility of our keeper. Everytime the ball goes near him i fear for the worst i can't be the only one.

Lordy, it seems you're in a minority of one on this.

Crossley is not perfect (although his body is, obviously), he does make the occasional mistake (otherwise he'd still be playing in the Premiership), but he's the best keeper I've seen in our goal for a very long time.

Agree with Lordy, I've never seen the Temple make a good save you know one what makes you think how did he get to that...............bollocks. Absolute tosh Lordy he's made at least 1 of said saves per game so far this season.

OK example V hartlepool please ? im struggling

Crossley never saves anything that makes you think 'how did he get to that or how did he save that

Pretty sure you were at Tranmere Lordy, didn't he pull off a screamer at both ends? I'm thinking that you are a fan of athletic keepers like Grant was for us, who make fantastic flying saves - nowt up with that, but Temple will save you as many goals without quite so many acrobatics, for one thing he is more likely to be near to where the ball is going to go so he doesn't have to go as far to fetch it...

At tranmere he pulled off one of 'them' saves at the far end YES, but i think the one at our end your referring to from Bas Savage was a simple save at a comfortable height that he luckily got over the bar as it could easily have gone in and people would have been slating him. I take your point though. It must just be me but i brick myself everytime the other team has a cross or shot i just have no faith in him what so ever.

Homophobe! :blink:

As for keepers, arguably none since Andy Goram (NOT the return!).

How dare you? Some of my best friends are sodomites.

I do think Grant offered about as much as a keeper, although not in the same way, it's the difference between age and experience. Beresford was very decent as well although he was only here for a little while. The key has been Crossley improving his fitness, which IMO he has been doing continuously for over a year. Talking to the players and seeing them interact I really think he is a key man around the club as well, perhaps the nice guy that the younger players can talk to when Shez is being nasty and Tommy is being scary. Andy Liddell isn't short of regard for himself but he went out of his way to say how good Crossley's experience is around the place.

How dare you? Some of my best friends are sodomites.

I do think Grant offered about as much as a keeper, although not in the same way, it's the difference between age and experience. Beresford was very decent as well although he was only here for a little while. The key has been Crossley improving his fitness, which IMO he has been doing continuously for over a year. Talking to the players and seeing them interact I really think he is a key man around the club as well, perhaps the nice guy that the younger players can talk to when Shez is being nasty and Tommy is being scary. Andy Liddell isn't short of regard for himself but he went out of his way to say how good Crossley's experience is around the place.

I have no problem with him personally he seems a great character and imagine he is a good coach how i just dont think he is physically able to be successful for us, just look at him he is clearly overweight.

I'm not his biggest fans (I reckon Grant, Pog's first time and Rachubka are all at least up there with him whilst we've been in this division), but as for wow saves - well he did a whole seasons worth at Bristol last season.

But, I do think alot of these occur as he isn't able to get into the right position quick enough (which is generally catching the ball rather than a point blank save). I wouldn't change him at the moment as the facts speak for themselves. Four teams in our division have let in less in the league. Overall he is letting in a goal a game. I'd take that.