please drop lomax

Didn't have a good game no, let the Town player get past him for their goal, was a bit sloppy passing out of defence. Maybe he's feeling the pressure from Byrne to perform. Don't see why he should get into the team myself though, didn't think he were that great when I saw him in reserves.

as i have posted on anothere message i hope to god we are now not making lomax the next boo boy of the team the lad as done well and today and an off day like the majority of the team and why pick him out is beyond me, i cannot make an opinion of Byrne as not seen anything of him to make a decision but if i was replacing any1 it would be Stam heart in mouth moments today with him in the team

Guest sheridans_world
Lewis was ok till he was subbed

was he worse once he had been subbed? :shock:

I wouldnt drop Lomax, Byrne is well and truly waiting in the wings, give Lomax the first 45 at Stockport, if he isnt doing the job then bring Byrne on.

was he worse once he had been subbed? :shock:

I wouldnt drop Lomax, Byrne is well and truly waiting in the wings, give Lomax the first 45 at Stockport, if he isnt doing the job then bring Byrne on.

Gonna try and say this as easily as possible without this sounding like a whinge.... but....

We have a bloody big squad now, and I thought the inference was that is anyones form dips they would be replaced, or if anyone shows some form they have a shot in the team.... Ales, Lomax (and to a certain extent Lids and Danny whit) have been slipping over the last couple of weeks (ales longer than that) and still shez churns out the same team..... Davies banged in a hat-trick in the stiffs, O'Grady scored the other week too - and both looked brilliant at 'pools and yet lewi slots straight back into the team... plus, greegs gets suspended, we sign a big, combatative CB for a month, we play a big combatative team, and shez shoves him on the bench - favouring the rather pathetic, lightweight, out of form (for over a season) poncey Stam... who plays Gash...

Its the same arguement as Shez's reluctance to use his subs - he has to use his squad, or we are in danger of losing the great momentum we have established, he has a load of players - so play on form.... O'Grady and Byrne have to start at Stockport - for Lewi and Stam, and Davies is next in line - possibly to play 3 up front.... which should have been what happened yesterday.... Hudds are a team that could be murdered by pace... and it just didnt happen... To be honest, not that arsed about Lomax (is lee injured?) - but Stam and Ales should not start on friday....

Great Start Shez- but time to shake it up...

Cant say i noticed Lomax was that bad but eardley was awful at times! And thats not me jumping on the eardley bandwaggon cos i usually think hes ok. Taylor was outstanding for me. And i dont have a problem with Alice either, thought he was doing ok. Always gonna struggle when balls are pumped up in the air to the strikers and theyre being marked by giants......

Guest oa_exile
Always gonna struggle when balls are pumped up in the air to the strikers and theyre being marked by giants......

Pity Shez didnt notice that and change things around early doors :wink: that is part and parcel of why we struggled to get to grips of the game .........No Plan B !

Pity Shez didnt notice that and change things around early doors :wink: that is part and parcel of why we struggled to get to grips of the game .........No Plan B !

Its as I said earlier - we have such a big squad now... which worries me after Shez's past reluctance to use subs, and his eternal reliance on his longstanding players...

Having a squad like this means he should be able to change the game if it isnt going well after 45, and not be afraid to swith the team around if players are out of form...

How Lewi was still on the teamsheet baffled me after 3 very mediocre games, and how he chooses to still give stam the nod ahead of the big strong byrne is also an interesting one... and why O'Grady and Davies werent sent on after 45, well, who knows...

If he has a squad like this he has to use it.... otherwise we will lose our momentum, and players will get frigged off...