Oldham Fans In The Cheadle End

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mates (County fans who I had to give a lift home to) were right near it, they said they've never seen anything like it. Apparantly people covered in blood and everything, it's their own fault really I just hope we dont get a fine for this

I this makes me worried about when Leeds come over to our place. They should be fined not us its there fault and nobody else.

Stockport were always going to let us in to maximise revenue. Those guys in the home end brought it on themselves by celebrating so openly when we scored. I was in the home section of the Popular Stand and only realised that half the people sat around me were Latics fans when they didn't stand up to cheer the Stockport goals. There were no celebrations when we scored.

Not really, it was indirectly responsible for it perhaps. The trouble was still caused directly by away fans making themselves known at an innappropriate time and the more fighty home fans reacting. It could have been avoided with better decisions, but it wasn't caused by the ticketing decision.

of course it was caused by the ticketing situation, If they'd have just given us that full side like they always have previously there would have been no need to go in the home end, it was a dreadful decision on their part

i couldnt believe the brazeness of the oldham fans who celebrated like that. there were loads of oldham everywhere, but 90% of them were sensible. the stockport fans response was co-ordinated, they were waiting to do that. the fact they were singing ':censored: off oldham' barely seconds before should have served as a warning

As a County fan here's my t'ppenth worth (for what its worth!)

The mither - I dont really think there would have been any if not for the first bunch of 'Green St clones' who gobbed off right at the start, they waited of course until they had walked to the gates where the stewards were, then the usual s*ite ... you know .... arms outstreched, beckoning people on (whilst walking behind the stewards) then once safe they give the big un again, job done and cue "yeah, we were in their end and they didn't wanna know".

All daft stuff but that cranked up the Cheadle End a fair few notches and so when you scored and those left in turned and took the proverbial ...well ... what might have gone off with just some verbals resulted in a ruckas .... yes I know in a perfect marshmellow world we would have all hugged and sang "Cumby Ya" but it's footy and we know the crack don't we?

The Match - I thought you were superb in the first half but lacked the finishing (thank god Hughes was out eh!), great play, fluid and yet physical when needed and at that point it looked what it was, men v boy's.

Second half, we made some changes, you stopped closing down and thats fatal because these young County lads can play a bit, plus as youngsters they are as fit as fook and I thought it showed, we were still running as strong in the last 10 as the first minute.

I reckon you will be there or there abouts if you keep Hughes fit and those two new lads will be great when settled in, people moaning after the start you have had should give their heads a wobble!

Till the return ... best of luck! :wink:

The mither - I dont really think there would have been any if not for the first bunch of 'Green St clones' who gobbed off right at the start, they waited of course until they had walked to the gates where the stewards were, then the usual s*ite ... you know .... arms outstreched, beckoning people on (whilst walking behind the stewards) then once safe they give the big un again, job done and cue "yeah, we were in their end and they didn't wanna know".

All daft stuff but that cranked up the Cheadle End a fair few notches and so when you scored and those left in turned and took the proverbial ...well ... what might have gone off with just some verbals resulted in a ruckas .... yes I know in a perfect marshmellow world we would have all hugged and sang "Cumby Ya" but it's footy and we know the crack don't we?

The Match - I thought you were superb in the first half but lacked the finishing (thank god Hughes was out eh!), great play, fluid and yet physical when needed and at that point it looked what it was, men v boy's.

Second half, we made some changes, you stopped closing down and thats fatal because these young County lads can play a bit, plus as youngsters they are as fit as fook and I thought it showed, we were still running as strong in the last 10 as the first minute.

I reckon you will be there or there abouts if you keep Hughes fit and those two new lads will be great when settled in, people moaning after the start you have had should give their heads a wobble!

Cheers mate, all the best for the season.

Had wondered what was going on the first time in the corner, couldnt really see due to a big advertising board or something blocking our view.

No-ones moaning at the start though, we are moaning at that performance last night. Just b`cos weve had a good start it dosent excuse that last night.

Edited by kellys_discopants

thats prety much spot on, all id add is that we need to be more alert at the start of 2nd half and our defending around the six yard line is currently back to its terribly low standard, can none of that back four head the ball?

thats prety much spot on, all id add is that we need to be more alert at the start of 2nd half and our defending around the six yard line is currently back to its terribly low standard, can none of that back four head the ball?

For me its simple why we had a bad night....

No Gregan...

No Hughes...

Take them too out of any League One team and its a MASSIVE loss.... Stockport killed off a wounded animal last night and I wasnt too surprised if im honest...

Nice summary and best of luck too. I was given a warm(ish) welcome in your home end so thanks for that too!

There are two sides to this.

1) Stockport should have sorted more tickets out for Latics

2) Latics fans who went in home ends should have have taken care to seat themselves well out of any potentially dodgy areas, and shut the :censored: up when we scored.

The failure of Stockport to do item (1) doesn't really excuse Latics for not folllowing (2).

None of the above justifies Stockport fans laying into people, but it is sensible to avoid certain circumstances, and I hope that no people got hurt in the events who were being sensible but got dragged into things caused by people acting like knobs.

who was acting like a knob? if you go in the wrong end and can't cheer a goal for your team you might aswell stay at home.

Not really, it was indirectly responsible for it perhaps. The trouble was still caused directly by away fans making themselves known at an innappropriate time and the more fighty home fans reacting. It could have been avoided with better decisions, but it wasn't caused by the ticketing decision.

course it was, if they would of gave us all the pop stand there would of been no need for oldham fans to be in the home end at all.

For me its simple why we had a bad night....

No Gregan...

No Hughes...

Take them too out of any League One team and its a MASSIVE loss.... Stockport killed off a wounded animal last night and I wasnt too surprised if im honest...

i dont think we were that bad and its hard to say suchabody would have done suchathing, but i do think greegs would have got a much better head on them six yard balls

1. It was the police who would not allow us any more tickets. (County need every penny they can get and were willing for to allow us more tickets

2. Someone did get their ear bitten.

3. Been told by someone at County that they think we will get the playoffs and are a good side (surprising given our performances recently)

4. There were 20+ county 'fans' in the Cheadle End who are banned from football for life. So where does their database come in to that

I was sat alone in the Cheadle End because I couldn't get a ticket with the Oldham fans. I was sat about 10 rows up from the guy who jumped up and down and celebrated when we scored. Granted, not the wisest thing to do - but to be filled in by 20 plus "boys" was disgraceful. With hundreds of others shouting ":censored:ing kill them - :censored:ing kill the bastards". When City came in the Chaddy, there was nothing like that. Mutual respect and a bit of piss taking, but not much else from where I was.

People who say that the bloke deserved it can :censored: right off - no one deserves the brutality of the beating he got.

Any respect I had for Stockport and their fans has gone. As far as I know, there is no history between Oldham and Stockport, but that has changed last night.

Agree with these two, so what if some of our fans go in their end to support their team, lets face it we sell out and our unbeaten, course we're going to sell out, and if people don't want to miss it, they're going to get a ticket for the home end, we score, they celebrate, yeah perhaps it warrents being moved/ejected but come off it it isn't acceptable to get your heads kicked in, obviously i can't tell as i was miles away but was anyone arrested or just the Oldham fans kicked out? You telling me that if that happens on the street in a random attack, the police are just going to let it pass off with no arrests?

everybody you saw being led away was arrested. one was saying 'but im a stckport fan' to the copper!!! as if he was gona say 'oh, are you? sorry mate, get back in there son, give em hell the oldham bastards. here you go, take my truncheon'

Although i dont agree with it all kicking off (although it was to be expected if you got a ticket in that stand and can't keep your mouth shut) i dont see why people are saying its stockports fault for not giving us more tickets. Why should they? All it does it help the away team create a better atmosphere which in turn spurs their team on. Not so long ago most latics fans were moaning because we gave Blackpool the whole of the RRE in the playoff game because it would help them create a better atmosphere (and it did). There is no difference here, Stockport were in no way obliged to give us more tickets after we sold out and to be fair to them they did try to stop oldham fans buying tickets for the home end.

The one thing that they should look into though was the oldham fans coming in at the same entrance as the stockport fans and then having to walk past all the stockport fans to get to our seats (though i didnt notice any trouble in that stand)

Although i dont agree with it all kicking off (although it was to be expected if you got a ticket in that stand and can't keep your mouth shut) i dont see why people are saying its stockports fault for not giving us more tickets. Why should they? All it does it help the away team create a better atmosphere which in turn spurs their team on. Not so long ago most latics fans were moaning because we gave Blackpool the whole of the RRE in the playoff game because it would help them create a better atmosphere (and it did). There is no difference here, Stockport were in no way obliged to give us more tickets after we sold out and to be fair to them they did try to stop oldham fans buying tickets for the home end.

The one thing that they should look into though was the oldham fans coming in at the same entrance as the stockport fans and then having to walk past all the stockport fans to get to our seats (though i didnt notice any trouble in that stand)

its all liddells fault for scoring :wink:

All ends up, I can't believe Oldham are getting blamed for this. Oldham officials would have made it clear that we would be taking more than 2000 fans and if a bigger allocation wasn't possible, that there would be a likelihood of Oldham fans in the home section. If thats the case, and anything other than making the game all ticket would help, the Police or Stewarding should have been increased. Like everyones said on here, it took 3-4 minutes for Plod to shift themselves over to the other end of the ground.

Very arrogant all round by County. They can't fill their own stands so try to minimise the impact and atmosphere created by the away fans (a la Blackpool in the playoffs). Just look at how Oldham dealt with a similar situation last week with Huddersfield, they shifted their own fans on the OFF CHANCE that Huddersfield might have filled their allocation.

Tin pot club.

1. It was the police who would not allow us any more tickets. (County need every penny they can get and were willing for to allow us more tickets

Eh? I don't think the plod can stop a club from giving more tickets to away fans. They can impose an increased police presence at the club's expense, but given that the stand to the side was split anyway I doubt they could have stopped county from giving us the whole stand. It may also, rather ironically, have made things a lot safer all round.