Oldham Fans In The Cheadle End

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? I don't think the plod can stop a club from giving more tickets to away fans. They can impose an increased police presence at the club's expense, but given that the stand to the side was split anyway I doubt they could have stopped county from giving us the whole stand. It may also, rather ironically, have made things a lot safer all round.

The police have a MASSIVE say over who gets what tickets, when games get played, and they could certainly use their influence to close a stand or a ground down if they felt fan behaviour was unacceptable.

Eh? I don't think the plod can stop a club from giving more tickets to away fans. They can impose an increased police presence at the club's expense, but given that the stand to the side was split anyway I doubt they could have stopped county from giving us the whole stand. It may also, rather ironically, have made things a lot safer all round.

Cause they can, they were the main opponent against two sets of fans being in the RRE and the people who have asked for the increased divide.

Looking at this from a slightly different angle, based upon how quickly we sold out, why were there so many empty seats in our sections last night?

Firstly, why were there seats in the away end covered up?

Secondly, nowhere near all those that were available, were actually taken.

We were on the side and could see planty of empty seats behind the goal and there were aso a fair few around us.

Was it a case that a load of people didn't turn up, or were not all tickets ever made available?

Looking at this from a slightly different angle, based upon how quickly we sold out, why were there so many empty seats in our sections last night?

Firstly, why were there seats in the away end covered up?

Secondly, nowhere near all those that were available, were actually taken.

We were on the side and could see planty of empty seats behind the goal and there were aso a fair few around us.

Was it a case that a load of people didn't turn up, or were not all tickets ever made available?

Thought the same myself. I was in the covered stand and there was a lot of empty seats...looked to be the same in the uncovered stand as well.

I was sat alone in the Cheadle End because I couldn't get a ticket with the Oldham fans. I was sat about 10 rows up from the guy who jumped up and down and celebrated when we scored. Granted, not the wisest thing to do - but to be filled in by 20 plus "boys" was disgraceful. With hundreds of others shouting ":censored:ing kill them - :censored:ing kill the bastards". When City came in the Chaddy, there was nothing like that. Mutual respect and a bit of piss taking, but not much else from where I was.

People who say that the bloke deserved it can :censored: right off - no one deserves the brutality of the beating he got.

Any respect I had for Stockport and their fans has gone. As far as I know, there is no history between Oldham and Stockport, but that has changed last night.

Like I said earlier, I honestly don't think the reaction would have been quite as bad had that 'Firm' ^_^ not paraded down the front of the CE at the start 'calling it on', unfortunately that set the scene for what followed, and lets keep it factual, the bloke clobbered ... well he and a few of the others turned around to goad and not simply cheer, proof of the pudding is that you were in there you say, you kept a low profile and no probs! I think someone say's something on another post along the lines of 'So some Latics were in the home end, so what?", well all things being fluffy that would be great and there would be no need for any segregation of any kind at any ground? but we know that's pie in the sky and footy would be back in the dark ages in 1 season, so its there for a purpose and when its flouted then there is a potential, just a fact of life!

What is a bit of a shame is that there were pretty good relations prior to last night but hey ho ... thats footy :D .... oh .... the guy with the ear 'bittten off' ... it was nibbled a little but still there :lol: and didn't stop him celebrating the win with a few shandy's !

None of my warblings condone stuff but I like things to kept 'real dudes' as the yoof say (or do they?)

Cheers

Although i dont agree with it all kicking off (although it was to be expected if you got a ticket in that stand and can't keep your mouth shut) i dont see why people are saying its stockports fault for not giving us more tickets. Why should they? All it does it help the away team create a better atmosphere which in turn spurs their team on. Not so long ago most latics fans were moaning because we gave Blackpool the whole of the RRE in the playoff game because it would help them create a better atmosphere (and it did). There is no difference here, Stockport were in no way obliged to give us more tickets after we sold out and to be fair to them they did try to stop oldham fans buying tickets for the home end.

The one thing that they should look into though was the oldham fans coming in at the same entrance as the stockport fans and then having to walk past all the stockport fans to get to our seats (though i didnt notice any trouble in that stand)

I'm sorry but yes Stockport should have given us more tickets are you saying that 3 points is more important than the safety of those that come to watch the game an innocent bystander could of got caught up in that shall we give Leeds the small section of the RRE when they come.

I'm not pinning the entire thing on Stockport because as people have said if you go in the home end and I have done it in the past then you keep your gob shut if certain individuals went in the home end and goaded the home fans when we scored then its their own fault if they got a shoeing as far as im concerned. But as a football club Stockport County have a responsibility to ensure peoples safety when they attend Edgley Park and will no doubt do more when they play the likes of Leeds who like us will easily sell out and could have a few in the home end.

Is it me or isnt this just going to entice the like of Leeds and Milwall 'frims' to go in the cheadle end to prove they're "harder"?

People with that mentality who just go for a fight are now going to know exactly where they can get one! And more fool stockport if they do, the likes of Leeds or Millwall aint gonna be as easy to handle!!!

Be very interesting to see what allocation they give to them!

oafc0000 seems unable to distinguish between familles and hooligans, either that or hes deliberately disagreeing again. im beginning to believe having an internet arguement sexually excites him

What ?? People took their familes into the home end... The word pillock would be too weak for such people.....

oafc0000 seems unable to distinguish between familles and hooligans, either that or hes deliberately disagreeing again. im beginning to believe having an internet arguement sexually excites him

I think he's just a very sad person, that gets some sort of thrill out of winding people up, via an internet message board! Quite possibly while sat slouched in his chair that he can no longer get out of, eating his XXXXL bag of crisps, and shifting his sellotaped glasses up a notch every now and then! Reaching for his enhaler every now and then to calm him down form his excitement!

Going on to chat rooms chatting up, younger girls and pretending he's a dashing young man! Inbetween playing world of warcraft and {some other crappy internet game similar (there's loads aint there? I just cant think of another!)}

I could be totally wrong ofcourse! But jus like this pr*ck, I'm gonna stereotype and stand by my post even if i'm wrong

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I think he's just a very sad person, that gets some sort of thrill out of winding people up, via an internet message board! Quite possibly while sat slouched in his chair that he can no longer get out of, eating his XXXXL bag of crisps, and shifting his sellotaped glasses up a notch every now and then! Reaching for his enhaler every now and then to calm him down form his excitement!

Going on to chat rooms chatting up, younger girls and pretending he's a dashing young man! Inbetween playing world of warcraft and {some other crappy internet game similar (there's loads aint there? I just cant think of another!)}

I could be totally wrong ofcourse! But jus like this pr*ck, I'm gonna stereotype and stand by my post even if i'm wrong

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

:D

I love it :)

yep definatley proved it now.

unless players wives are pillocks, players kids are pillocks, corporate sponsors who support the away team are pillocks and guests of the home team who dont support the home team are pillocks

Jus read that on the other post! what a knob! I wish he'd f*ck off and find another forum to annoy! Ive kept quiet before but this is the 3rd time he's started p*ssin me and alot of others off!

ahh well, I'll leave him to it! I'm off having a real life!!!

Jus read that on the other post! what a knob! I wish he'd f*ck off and find another forum to annoy! Ive kept quiet before but this is the 3rd time he's started p*ssin me and alot of others off!

ahh well, I'll leave him to it! I'm off having a real life!!!

You have anger issues dont you :)

I'm sorry but yes Stockport should have given us more tickets are you saying that 3 points is more important than the safety of those that come to watch the game an innocent bystander could of got caught up in that shall we give Leeds the small section of the RRE when they come.

I'm not pinning the entire thing on Stockport because as people have said if you go in the home end and I have done it in the past then you keep your gob shut if certain individuals went in the home end and goaded the home fans when we scored then its their own fault if they got a shoeing as far as im concerned. But as a football club Stockport County have a responsibility to ensure peoples safety when they attend Edgley Park and will no doubt do more when they play the likes of Leeds who like us will easily sell out and could have a few in the home end.

Stockport gave us 2000 tickets, we sold them all the had no obligation to give us anymore. They wouldnt sell tickets over the phone to people who weren't in their database or didnt have a stockport postcode they couldnt really do any more than that. It isn't their fault that there fans determined to get in the home end no matter what. And why go in the Cheadle end? If your going to go in with other fans its not the best place to go is it. If we give Leicester the big part of the RRE and they sell out do we then give them the small part as well just in case there fans get tickets for the home end? If we give them the whole of the RRE and they sell that out do we give them a bit of the main stand too? The blame lies solely with those people who went in there and that starting goading the home fans when we scored. Now im not saying that its right that it kicked off like it did, but its not Stockports fault that it did. The only thing i would say Stockport need to look at is how slowly he stewards and police got there, what should have happened was we scored, fans cheered, stockport fans got irate but the stewards and police got in there as soon as it happened and either kicked the latics fans out or moved them to the away section because there were empty seats there. I'm not having a go at latics who went in the home end either, i've done it on a few occasions , and today im taking my nephew to watch Liverpool play City but even he knows, at 7 years old to keep his mouth shut should liverpool score (though i would hope even he did they wouldnt kick off with a kid!)

oafc0000 will be sat in his chair reading that thinking you are a dead head, i hope you can deal with that!

i personally cant believe i managed to hallucinate a whole evening out that turned out to be absolutely identical to what really happened, its like i was actually there!

Stockport gave us 2000 tickets, we sold them all the had no obligation to give us anymore. They wouldnt sell tickets over the phone to people who weren't in their database or didnt have a stockport postcode they couldnt really do any more than that. It isn't their fault that there fans determined to get in the home end no matter what. And why go in the Cheadle end? If your going to go in with other fans its not the best place to go is it. If we give Leicester the big part of the RRE and they sell out do we then give them the small part as well just in case there fans get tickets for the home end? If we give them the whole of the RRE and they sell that out do we give them a bit of the main stand too? The blame lies solely with those people who went in there and that starting goading the home fans when we scored. Now im not saying that its right that it kicked off like it did, but its not Stockports fault that it did. The only thing i would say Stockport need to look at is how slowly he stewards and police got there, what should have happened was we scored, fans cheered, stockport fans got irate but the stewards and police got in there as soon as it happened and either kicked the latics fans out or moved them to the away section because there were empty seats there. I'm not having a go at latics who went in the home end either, i've done it on a few occasions , and today im taking my nephew to watch Liverpool play City but even he knows, at 7 years old to keep his mouth shut should liverpool score (though i would hope even he did they wouldnt kick off with a kid!)

One of the more intelligent posts on the subject.

I was sat/stood up in the right end of the ground and personally i thought the stewarding by both sets of stewards was a disgrace! First of all every two mins the same old "sit down its an all seater" was ringing around i wouldnt mind but everyone said we want to stand... even the guy behind me who looked like he could barely stand was telling the stewards to stop trying to cause reactions.... Anyway as the trouble kicked off after our goal i turned to the steward and said shouldn't you be trying to sort out the real trouble rather than nit pick at us all game. His reply was "im not arsed not my problem" Upon hearing this a few disgruntled fans started giving him a bit of grief but again they stood their watching..... What i dont understand is once the trouble had calmed in the cheadle end why did we then get more stewards surrounding us rather than helping out the stockport stewards in the cheadle end!!! They said it wasnt their job but they are OAFC stewards and their were Oldham fans in that end so as far as im concerned it is their problem!! As for the police, well with reactions like that no wonder people are getting away with all sorts these days!

As for the incident itself.. if you go in the cheadle end and start goading their fans and celebrating goals expect a good kick in! I am for not for one minuite condoling this mindless violence but c'mon what more do you expect!! I know a few county fans (not by choice) who are st's in the cheadle end and tbh they were probably the ones who crashed in kicking and punching, lets just say they are your typicall scally kids who get their kicks out of watching the football factory and try to re enact it. From what i here the top tier of the cheadle end is full of this typical stereotypical thugs! You cant blame the club itself as our fans took it upon themselves to sit in an area they shouldnt have been, i heard on various discussion websites of county fans saying if you cant get a ticket and want to sit in the home ends stick to the family stand, where at best you will get a little bit of banter as long as your not abusive towards any of our fans... that advice should of been stuck too!

my mates (County fans who I had to give a lift home to) were right near it, they said they've never seen anything like it. Apparantly people covered in blood and everything, it's their own fault really I just hope we dont get a fine for this

If anyone, it'll be them who gets the fine - for not preparing for the game properly and not allocating appropriate tickets and probably for not co-coordinating with the police properly or for failure to control their fans! If nothing more, the police will recommend more presence on matchdays, which will hit them in the pocket on a regular basis!

I'm really dissappointed that some posters are so lazy as to make out that saying that some Latics fans could have been wioser in where they sat or how they acted is the same thing as saying they deserved a kicking. If you walk through a rough area with a wad of cash in your hand, it doesn't make it right if someone tries to take it off you, but you weren't very clever to put yourself into that situation in the first place. Different things.

When you consider that they could of easily migrated their few season ticket holders in the pop side to the cheadle end and accomodated them there then I think they had an obligation for doing so, and I think the proof will be in the pudding on this one as they will no doubt do that when Leeds come to Town.

What I think we both agree on is that the people going in the cheadle end looking for a ruck are utter c:censored:ts and they should have kept quiet like the other Latics who went in the home end and didn't find any trouble. So partly I agree with you, I just felt Stockport themselves could and should have done a little more, and probably will do in future.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The trouble cannot be 'solely blamed' on one thing, as some are trying to say. It's pretty simple really - 1) Stockport could, and should, have given us more tickets...yes, I know they have no obligation to do this, but it's just common sense in my opinion. 2) Oldham fans who went in the home end should have kept their mouths shut.

Unfortunately, there will now be trouble when Stockport come to Oldham later in the season. No doubt.