Oldham v Leicester

Hey all, Leicester fan here, but not to cause trouble blah blah, just to find out a few things and for pre-match banter.

Obviously it's a long time since we've played you lot, and especially as a young fan there's a few things I was wondering about visiting Boundary Park, as we are a week Saturday.

What's the steward/police presence and attitude like? And do they allow standing?

How far is it (walking distance) roughly from the nearest train station to the ground?

Are the loudest Oldham fans near the away fans or in the opposite end?

Do you know what the back row is in the away end e.g AA? BB?? Because I like to be at the back and stand...

Cheers in advance for any replies, and let's hope we're both still this high up come May... ^_^

Nussul

Leicester are probably one of the few teams I've never seen us play

the answers to your question

1. the Stewards can be a bit pushy when it comes to standing, we've got away with it in the past but they seem to be clamping down on it a lot which seems to of brought some debate to these forums

2. about 15 minutes from Oldham Werneth, but Oldham Mumps which is the main station is about 30 minutes away

3. The loudest fans are situated next to the away fans (well I certainly think so anyway)

4. not sure but my season ticket is on row T which is about half way up

1. Depends how they approach it. They were laid back against Huddersfield in comparison to previous games this season against lesser clubs. As for standing. They'll be too busy yelling at our fans to sit down and shouting, "it's not my section" when someone points out that your lot have been stood all game. Dont think they'll bother telling 3,000 of you to sit down when they can thrown 13 year old's out by the dozen in our stand.

2. Mumps is right next to the town centre which has alot of bars. Bus station is only 5 minutes away or just get a taxi from outside the station which will only take you 5 minute's tops to the ground/Rochdale Road for the pubs.

3. You'll get the most banter with the fans in the same stand as you.

4. Numbers wise it works from left to right I think. So the higher the number the more in the middle/near the moat you will be. Alphabetically, I think it's A bottom up until whatever it goes upto.

Obviously it's a long time since we've played you lot, and especially as a young fan there's a few things I was wondering about visiting Boundary Park...

This was the impression of a Bristol City fan posted a couple of seasons ago:

"I never thought I would enjoy my first visit to Boundary Park that much!

523 miles round trip (according to the car speedometer), about 50 quid in petrol but very very much worth it!

All the below happened -

Really friendly group of fans, programme sellers, the bloke and bird outside the ground selling burgers etc etc

Just found everyone to be sporting and friendly. Walking back to the car, had about 5 different groups say "well done mate, you were miles better than us".

All in all though fellas an enjoyable visit but much more so a credit to your club for the welcome we got up there."

This was the impression of a Bristol City fan posted a couple of seasons ago:

"I never thought I would enjoy my first visit to Boundary Park that much!

523 miles round trip (according to the car speedometer), about 50 quid in petrol but very very much worth it!

All the below happened -

Really friendly group of fans, programme sellers, the bloke and bird outside the ground selling burgers etc etc

Just found everyone to be sporting and friendly. Walking back to the car, had about 5 different groups say "well done mate, you were miles better than us".

All in all though fellas an enjoyable visit but much more so a credit to your club for the welcome we got up there."

But they were from the Southwest, Burton Boy. We're talking about Midlanders now. :boxer: :boxer: :boxer:

:tongue:

Hey all, Leicester fan here, but not to cause trouble blah blah, just to find out a few things and for pre-match banter.

Obviously it's a long time since we've played you lot, and especially as a young fan there's a few things I was wondering about visiting Boundary Park, as we are a week Saturday.

What's the steward/police presence and attitude like? And do they allow standing?

How far is it (walking distance) roughly from the nearest train station to the ground?

Are the loudest Oldham fans near the away fans or in the opposite end?

Do you know what the back row is in the away end e.g AA? BB?? Because I like to be at the back and stand...

Cheers in advance for any replies, and let's hope we're both still this high up come May... ^_^

Nussul

Back row is DD, seat numbers around the 90 or 100 mark will be near the moat.

I always tell them that, but they never believe me...

Not the tidiest but evidence why you should get the bus:

Traveline

To: Boundary Park

Mode: Rail, Walk, Bus (Pub)

Journey Option 1 Total Duration: 3:13 No. of changes: 2

Rail Depart: 9:39 LEICESTER (rail) Provider: East Midlands Trains

Arrive: 10:55 SHEFFIELD (rail) Rail Depart: 11:11 SHEFFIELD (rail) Provider: Transpennine Express

Arrive: 12:03 MANCHESTER PICCADILLY (rail)

Walk Depart: 12:03* MANCHESTER PICCADILLY (rail) How ?: Walk to BOAD STREET and turn left; After 140yds, turn left into STORE STREET; After 175yds, at roundabout go right into STATION APPROACH; After 200yds, continue into PICCADILLY (A6); After 225yds, turn right into NEWTON STREET (A62); After 50yds, turn left into BACK PICCADILLY; After 110yds arrive at Piccadilly Gardens, Chatsworth House (Stop F) [stop] Arrive: 12:16* Piccadilly Gardens, Chatsworth House (Stop F)

Bus Depart: 12:23 Piccadilly Gardens, Chatsworth House (Stop F) Service Number: 182

Provider: Bluebird Bus & Coach

Arrive: 12:52* Busk, Chadderton Way/Westhulme Avenue

12:53 Pub

15:00 Kick off

15:02 Oldham 4 - 0 Foxes

16:52 full time, good game, feel honoured to have been to BP despite the 8-0 win for Oldham

16:53 Go home and tell all about the wonderful visit to the mystical town in the foothills of the Pennines.

Edit: If you don't busk at 12:52 I won't be happy

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Another can of worms. Why would you want to stand up in an all-seater stadium?

you got the can opener on you?

comfort (if you are tall or, ahem, wide you can be squashed in)

view (if your a kid it can be hard to see over or around people sat down in front of you) on a personal note my lad prefers it when everyone stands all game, as he can stand on his seat.

the stand up sit down stand up sit down shenanigan is painfull for people with old injuries, much less painful to just stand

thats just three reasons i find. others will have others. not to mention just wanting to, but wants are not needs so i didnt say it (even though i have) especially where being a football* fan in england is concerned.

*association football, the one played with a round ball, laws not applicable if ball is oval.