XI best managers outside the Prem

To be fair though, that list's crap. How the hell can di Matteo be 4th?!

Don't you watch Big League Weekend? The brave appointment of RDM is paying off for footballing pioneer Pete Winkelman, as he is the best manager in the country (he scored in a Cup final, don't you know?).

Plus Craig Mackail-Smith is the best forward in League One, but that may only be because Salako's too busy beating one off to Jermaine Beckford to argue back.

Don't you watch Big League Weekend? The brave appointment of RDM is paying off for footballing pioneer Pete Winkelman, as he is the best manager in the country (he scored in a Cup final, don't you know?).

Plus Craig Mackail-Smith is the best forward in League One, but that may only be because Salako's too busy beating one off to Jermaine Beckford to argue back.

Sorry that is utter rubbish JSS - if you actually watched Big League Weekend you would know that Beckford is not the best striker in League 1 - he is clearly the best striker in England, if not europe to be honest...

To be fair - this isnt a list in any order, looks as if people from the setanta chatboard have 'nominated' them....

As JSS says, if it was fact, Di Matteo would clearly be top (Darren Ferguson obviously discounted - he is the best manager in Europe)

Sorry that is utter rubbish JSS - if you actually watched Big League Weekend you would know that Beckford is not the best striker in League 1 - he is clearly the best striker in England, if not europe to be honest...

To be fair - this isnt a list in any order, looks as if people from the setanta chatboard have 'nominated' them....

As JSS says, if it was fact, Di Matteo would clearly be top (Darren Ferguson obviously discounted - he is the best manager in Europe)

How silly of me, I forgot about that wonderful hat trick he scored against Chester...that was a tough game, you know? Yes, they'd conceded six just three days before against Dagenham, but every game is tough...unless you're playing Leeds away when they're having an 'off day' and little teams like Oldham can fluke victories.

How silly of me, I forgot about that wonderful hat trick he scored against Chester...that was a tough game, you know? Yes, they'd conceded six just three days before against Dagenham, but every game is tough...unless you're playing Leeds away when they're having an 'off day' and little teams like Oldham can fluke victories.

Well obvioulsy. Leeds should be beating clubs like Oldham, that's just common sense. They've got a good setup at Leeds, Gary McCallister has brought in the right players and they've got a good group now to steamroller this division and bla bla bla.........

These lists make me giggle.

1. Mark Robins - has had a decent start to the season in League2, leading his side to a positive number of points despite the loss of goal machine Chris O'Grady. Also not lost a league game to Leeds this season.

2. John Sheridan - has built on the exceptional donkey work of Tony Philliskirk's youth set up by successfully persuading TTA to invest in a big squad. After a great start to the season his side has struggled against 5 man midfields and resorted to hoofing it over the top, despite clear evidence that when they pass and move (emphasis on the move) they actually win games quite sexily. Oh, Oldham beat Leeds therefore Sheridan is clearly a potential England manager of the future.

3) Darren Ferguson - Taggart's wifebeating son spent silly money by League 2 standards but still couldn't win the title. They beat Leeds you know, so he must be a top manager.

4) Roberto Di Matteo has been a manger for approximately 13 seconds. Because they won a game on the telly he must be really good. I don't think they've lost to Leeds while he's been manager there.

5) Roberto Martinez - err I think he's quite good actually and Swansea haven't lost to Leeds this season.

6) Nigel Clough - has remained loyal to Burton, especially after the police tried to arrest one of their players for celebrating a goal at the RRE a few years back. One assumes his loyalty is something to do with nobody rating him enough to give him a proper job at a higher level. They haven't lost to Leeds this season.

7) Mick McCarthy - the blunt speaking Yorkshireman has continued in the Wolves tradition of failing to re-awaken this sleeping giant. A good start to the season means he's obviously a good manager and they haven't lost to Leeds.

8) Paul Lambert - failed to get Wycombe promoted despite generous resources being put at his disposal. After Stockport scored a late equaliser at Adams Park in the play-off semi-final he said "that goal changes nothing" before seeing County win the second leg 1-0, meaning they reached Wembley on the back of, err, that goal that changed nothing. Between those games he also said "I won't be intimidated by the crowd at Edgeley Park - I've trained in front of bigger crowds than that" - trying to belittle Stockport, he completely missed the point that the team he manages plays in front of smaller crowds. He then quit Wycombe citing a wish to see more of his family at home in Scotland. Before taking the Colchester job. Wycombe didn't lose to Leeds last season.

9) Owen Coyle - the Burnley manager has guided them to 9th in the Championship with a negative goal difference. But they haven't lost to Leeds this season so are probably quite good.

10) Ade Boothroyd - looked a good manager leading them in to the Premiership and looked awful leading them out of it again. Threw away promotion with a piss poor run after Christmas. Not lost to Leeds, so on the list.

11) Alan Irvine - the shrewd Scot nearly took Preston down last season after just missing out on play-off success the season before. Oh well, they haven't lost to Leeds have they.

Edited by opinions4u

These lists make me giggle.

1. Mark Robins - has had a decent start to the season in League2, leading his side to a positive number of points despite the loss of goal machine Chris O'Grady. Also not lost a league game to Leeds this season..........................................................................

.................................................................................

11) Alan Irvine - the shrewd Scot nearly took Preston down last season after just missing out on play-off success the season before. Oh well, they haven't lost to Leeds have they.

:lol:

Brilliant! An utterly astute assesment of the list....

The big question is though.... How is Gary McAllister not on the list? or is it just presumed too easy to manage the greatest team ever to grace a football pitch..?

I hadn't heard that story. The rumour I heard about the son of Satan is completely different, but no less libelous.

:lipsrsealed2:

Taken from the always reliable Wikipedia:

"On 23 October 2007, Ferguson was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his estranged wife on the driveway of his father's home in Wilmslow, Cheshire. He was released on bail.[11]

He appeared at Macclesfield Magistrates Court on 23 January 2008 charged with common assault, to which he pleaded not guilty.[12] On 10 April 2008 he changed his plea to guilty and was fined £1500, plus costs.[13]"

Think that should keep me out of court.