Jon Gaunt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a simple way of dealing with the John Gaunt's of this world - ignore them. If you turn on the radio and its set to Talksport and you hear his voice, turn it over. If you're reading The Sun and you see his column just skip it. His thoughts and theories are an utter irrelevance - he is a complete and utter ***** who is incapable of intelligent discussion without raising his voice and/or cutting off the caller. As someone said above he is the Pub Bore writ large. You wouldnt stand and listen to the bloke in the pub so why bother with someone on the radio?

He's not exactly wrong is he?

Gaunty most defo entitled to his opinion and alot of people would agree with him.

However....

- If we dont go up this season and hughes leaves in the summer, I should hope Gaunty gives whoever it is that signs him also gives them a good slagging

and

- Its common knowledge that hughes rejected other clubs to come to us, clubs of whom would most definitely have signed him had he not chosen us. Why does gaunty not give these clubs a slagging for having the morals of an alleycat?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

One of those numpties from TalkSport. May even have been Gaunt. Can't say for definite.

IT WAS ME....I was fuming. :angry: ....(as you may see in my prev posts on this topic), it was on Talk Sport and i was told that ALL Oldham fans would be happy to have a peadophile playing for them?? YOU WHAT :censored::censored::ass3:

I sent a couple of e mails to Talk sport commenting that Gaunt was a first class :censored: Surprise, surprise - no response.

He's a clown who gets his kicks and pay slip on making uninformed, insensitive, controversial comments that target the 'average' passionate football fan - we are cannon fodder for him!

Gaunt is a tool of the highest order.

In his Sun collumn last week he did a piece slagging off Noel Gallagher and he finished by saying that he was going to be funny and put in oasis lyrics but like everyone in the country he can't remember them. The ironic thing was two pages earlier in the same paper was a big article on oasis announcing their supergigs for 2009, and after going on sale today and sellng over 500000 I wonder if he will make comment next week I somehow doubt it.

Hughes didn't intend to run away from the crash then?

I'd sign Barton, McCormack and Gary Glitter if it got us out of this league!

I have given the running away from the scene somethought ever since we signed him. I have in the past been guilty of driving after a drink..also the morning after...not proud of it. So I could find myself in the same position if the worst happened....how would I react ??? I do not know .....and seriously none of us know how we would react at that point with people dead and injured. Its just the way people are....some will not ever be in that position..some will and will do the right thing..some will not. At the end of it it was not a deliberate act. So shouts of murderer are wrong whichever immature pri@k shouts them.

Gaunt though is supposedly a mature intelligent adult.....supposedly. Personally I think he is gutter press nothing more nothing less

what was that on!!!! ask him a question and cut him off haha!!!

About a year ago Gaunt deliberately set his lunchtime phone in to invite calls on Lee Hughes. In 30 minutes I was listening he got ONE CALL.......... show fell flat on its a@@e. Brilliant.

I have given the running away from the scene somethought ever since we signed him. I have in the past been guilty of driving after a drink..also the morning after...not proud of it. So I could find myself in the same position if the worst happened....how would I react ??? I do not know .....and seriously none of us know how we would react at that point with people dead and injured. Its just the way people are....some will not ever be in that position..some will and will do the right thing..some will not. At the end of it it was not a deliberate act. So shouts of murderer are wrong whichever immature pri@k shouts them.

Gaunt though is supposedly a mature intelligent adult.....supposedly. Personally I think he is gutter press nothing more nothing less

It's rare to find anyone comment on this who isn't whiter than white themselves. Personally I've never driven over the limit and never will, but I've taken lifts off a fair few people in the full knowledge that they have been pissed up. At the time it just seemed easier than walking. When it's Millwall and Tranmere's chaviest element who shout the loudest, as if they were some sort of moral custodians of the nation, you wonder what Gaunt and his angriest callers have on their consciences.

It's rare to find anyone comment on this who isn't whiter than white themselves. Personally I've never driven over the limit and never will, but I've taken lifts off a fair few people in the full knowledge that they have been pissed up. At the time it just seemed easier than walking. When it's Millwall and Tranmere's chaviest element who shout the loudest, as if they were some sort of moral custodians of the nation, you wonder what Gaunt and his angriest callers have on their consciences.

And Gaunt himself says on his show that he has been less then whiter than white in his past. My wish is we get Coventry in the cup and Hughes stuffs em....

And as for Talk Sport I think they've lost the plot recently. This morning they were discussing Joey Barton and Andy Townsend was suggesting he shouldn't necessarily be given another chance and that it would only happen in football. This is something they have spoke about a lot this week. Yet the same people are happy to work with Stan Collymore and big him up like he's a saint. This is the same Stan Collymore who beat his bird up.

When he signed, in an interview on 5Live, Barry Owen was asked "what would happen if you play Coventry?", to which he replied with something along the lines of "I think he would be injured on that day".

Bazza doesn't pick the team, for which I am profoundly grateful. TBH if Hughes plays at Millwall this season he can play anywhere. I'd be disappointed if he were hidden from any matches unless he personally couldn't face it, which would surprise me, it only panders to the "holier than thou" brigade.