• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a new big flag...... Hughesy Boned Mrs Gaunt

If he's ever in the ground:* **

"Who's up Gaunty's wife?

Who's up Gaunty's wife?

Hughesy, Hughesy Hughesy is

Hughesy, Hughesy Hughesy is"

* I deplore any use of sexually degrading language which objectifies women as possessions of men they may or may not be in a relationship with

** To the tune of, "Who's up Warney's Wife?" Like he was bothered when he was running his way through Hampshire

I was listening to his show at lunchtime today with the Joey Barton ...should he be allowed to play again question. I just knew he was going to use it to bring Lee Hughes into it. No surprise there. The man is a bitter Sky Blue who hated Hughes for leaving Cov for WBA. Then of course the victim of the crash was also a Cov man so Gaunt stirs it up to get kudos in the city. The man is a parasite . When he then came out with the view that we would sign Mcormick when he came out ON AIR and while being filmed by Channel 5 I thought he had gone too far and switched him off. Is there a case for TTA to take this poisonous cretin to court ? He really is getting past laughing at . There must be some dirt under his fingernails somewhere.

I do like Lee Hughes, but you can hardly blame Gaunt for not liking the man can you? Im sure the majority of us would be saying the same if another club had signed Hughes upon his release from Prison. I have even heard Latics fans say that Newcastle are wrong for allowing Barton back into the fold. Yes, what Barton did was wrong, but he never actually killed another person did he? Imagine a former Latics player, who left for a rival club, killed an Oldhamer in his car, fled the scene and was released halfway through his sentence to sign for another club. How would we react? Im bound to get people say Im not a true Latics fan if I think this etc, but, in this instance, I dont blame Gaunty one bit.

I do like Lee Hughes, but you can hardly blame Gaunt for not liking the man can you? Im sure the majority of us would be saying the same if another club had signed Hughes upon his release from Prison. I have even heard Latics fans say that Newcastle are wrong for allowing Barton back into the fold. Yes, what Barton did was wrong, but he never actually killed another person did he? Imagine a former Latics player, who left for a rival club, killed an Oldhamer in his car, fled the scene and was released halfway through his sentence to sign for another club. How would we react? Im bound to get people say Im not a true Latics fan if I think this etc, but, in this instance, I dont blame Gaunty one bit.

Didn't cause anyones death but he has assaulted with malicious intent several times. In my book he's worse than Hughsey anyday.

There's a difference between a stupid one-off mistake that had dire consequences, and several vicious assaults though.

Edit: beat me to the exact same point, JLF. Intent is a massive issue to take into consideration.

Edited by maddog

Didn't cause anyones death but he has assaulted with malicious intent several times. In my book he's worse than Hughsey anyday.

Until he went to jail Barton was saying that it was the media's fault that he was portrayed in such a bad light. Any odds on how long it is until the next time he's sitting on someone's chest breaking bones in their face?

Is there a case for TTA to take this poisonous cretin to court ?

No, no case at all. What would our defense be? Something along the lines of:

TTA: "John Gaunt said we would sign Luke McCormack when he was relesed from prison, as we have no morals. However, this is not the case, we would never sign someone who has committed such a crime".

Judge: "But you signed Lee Hughes...."

I think we need to be careful not to get in to a "his crime was worse the Hughsey's crime" slanging match.

Hughsey drove in a way that took somebody's life and legged it. We will never know whether Hughsey was drunk or drugged up at the time. He can have whatever the truth is with him for the rest of his life. There is no more appropriate sentence. While there is no indication of intent, his actions were at best cowardly to the extreme after an accident caused by his own decisions. For the families and victims the consequences were unimaginably awful. Never forget it could have been your parents, kids, wife etc on the receiving end.

The sentence Hughes got was short and early release was wrong. But it's what the system said should happen. These are issues for our courts and lawmakers to address in the future. I don't think any potential employer of any released prisoner should consider this though. Ultimately, returning convicts to society in employment is better than leaving them scrounging off the state.

I will willingly take on any supporter of any other side who says Latics shouldn't have given Hughes a contract. Despite my own severe doubts at the time. My initial reaction when it was announced pre-release was along the lines of "what a superb player, I wish he'd signed for someone else though".

I have argued with Leeds fans who say we shouldn't have signed him. They signed Bowyer who was convicted of an awful assault/affray in a burger bar where the court transcripts show significant racist overtones. They appointed Wise as manager who was jailed for assaulting a taxi driver. Arsenal retained Tony Adams who was jailed for drink driving. A few hundred yards down the road he could potentially have lost control of his car and ploughed in to a queue of clubbers at a taxi rank. Fortunately the consequences of his actions weren't as severe as those of Lee Hughes. They could just as easily have been. Newcastle signed Joey Barton knowing exactly what he was and that he had a court case hanging over him for assaulting a team mate.

Driving stupidly and killing v malicious assault? Both are awful. The outcome of one is worse than the other. The flawed personality displayed in both crimes is dreadful. The level of planned intent is worse with assault.

We have Lee Hughes. He's a bloody good player and I will support his goals and play. I also support his right to rehabilitate himself back in to society and do the same with those names mentioned above. I also know exactly why he gets the stick he does (and probably deserves) and why people like John Gaunt will score cheap political points off the back of it. It isn't clever, but it is predictable.

Hughes didn't intend to run away from the crash then?

I'd sign Barton, McCormack and Gary Glitter if it got us out of this league!

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT LEE HUGHES

we cant say anything about another club because we have got lee hughes but for people to carry on talking about this is geting beyond a joke its old news...

joey barton = why not?? hes done his time let him get on with it, yeah he will get stick but do you think he is going to rise up to it in his old way (i dont) yeah he will get annoyed and anything he dose will be shown 10times over on ssn with pundits saying this saying that so good luck joey just get on with doing what you do best

so all in all we cant really say anything about other teams and players but why should we?? oldham is are team and im only concerned about oldham not luke who ever or joey barton or lee bowyer... i know its only a dedate but is anyone else geting sick of people going on about it..

anyway cmon oldham 3points on saturday

scunny and millwall play each other aswell a chance to get back in there

ktf :bblue2:

Best call on the Hughes issue was back when it was first announced.

Latics fan phones up.

Presenter: So your happy about your club signing Hughes

Latics Fan: Yeah

Presenter: Well what about a paedophile, would you be happy if your club signed one of them?

Latics Fan: Well if he scored 20 goals a season............

Call cut off!

Best call on the Hughes issue was back when it was first announced.

Latics fan phones up.

Presenter: So your happy about your club signing Hughes

Latics Fan: Yeah

Presenter: Well what about a paedophile, would you be happy if your club signed one of them?

Latics Fan: Well if he scored 20 goals a season............

Call cut off!

what was that on!!!! ask him a question and cut him off haha!!!

... Ian Wright and Adrian Durham, agreed with the caller that it was the correct way forward.

This morning Gaunty was having a right go at Wright and Durham for, as he put it, slagging him off last night (by agreeing with Latics caller Ian). In the words of Corporal Jones, he doesn't like it up him! :grin: