Gareth Owen

Bet you a fiver he joins Yeovil instead.

Well, it was noted by my mate at Vale that Owen is a confirmed Stokey, and would therefore have to be pretty bloody good to win over the fans.

Although he did say the more realistic fans are aware they need just about anyone who can kick a ball, so usual objections may have to be put aside...

Stockport County centre-half Gareth Owen is set to join Yeovil Town on loan after a move to Port Vale collapsed, BBC Radio Stoke understands.

It is thought Owen will join the Glovers on a one-month contract, with a view to a permanent move in January.

The 26-year-old had been set to join the Valiants but will now stay in League One with Yeovil.

Owen, who began his career with Stoke City, is in line to make his Yeovil debut against Northampton on Saturday.

Stockport County centre-half Gareth Owen is set to join Yeovil Town on loan after a move to Port Vale collapsed, BBC Radio Stoke understands.

It is thought Owen will join the Glovers on a one-month contract, with a view to a permanent move in January.

The 26-year-old had been set to join the Valiants but will now stay in League One with Yeovil.

Owen, who began his career with Stoke City, is in line to make his Yeovil debut against Northampton on Saturday.

Owen and Forbes as the 2 Yeovil Centre backs. Oh Dear!

Guest oa_exile
Owen and Forbes as the 2 Yeovil Centre backs. Oh Dear!

*Heard that Branston is signing as well* :grin:

*That is just a lie but it sounds better than Butters

When did Owen become a bad player in Latics fans' eyes?

Strange isn't it. Did well in his few spells here. Had no pace but always tried his best for us. Led his side to promotion last season as captain.

Said this before and will say it again. We've had plenty of players with more talent than your Owen's, Garnett's and Cooksey's but if those with more talent had applied themselves as well as those with less, we'd have been out of League One a long time ago.

With all Leeslovers anti-Marmite posts, then exiles 'unsavoury relish' comments I'm starting to feel a distinct bias against Burton based/originated spreads and pickles on this board :angry:

"The name comes from a village 2 miles south of Burton on Trent in Staffordshire. It was here in 1922 that Crosse and Blackwell owned the factory where Branston pickle was first made. Production of Branston was then moved in the mid twenties to Bermondsey in South London and from there to a factory in London’s Docklands then to a factory in Peterhead in Scotland before finally moving again in 1998 to Hadfield near Glossop where production continues."

With all Leeslovers anti-Marmite posts, then exiles 'unsavoury relish' comments I'm starting to feel a distinct bias against Burton based/originated spreads and pickles on this board :angry:

"The name comes from a village 2 miles south of Burton on Trent in Staffordshire. It was here in 1922 that Crosse and Blackwell owned the factory where Branston pickle was first made. Production of Branston was then moved in the mid twenties to Bermondsey in South London and from there to a factory in London’s Docklands then to a factory in Peterhead in Scotland before finally moving again in 1998 to Hadfield near Glossop where production continues."

How many other pickles can relish the fact that they can boast to have put down roots among B.A.L.L.S., OASIS, I.N.S.A.N.E. and Glossop Latics fans?

2946242655_41e0d178bb.jpg

Keep supporting Burton products.

• 2 weeks later...

Think Gareth's doing alright down at Yeovil, they've kept 2 clean sheets in the last two games anyway, undefeated in three. He was a very good player for Stockport and don't think Saturday will be a walk in the palk for you lot. I personally feel he should still be here at Stockport, but that's football, and when you fall out with the manager, you're heading one way and thats to the exit door!

What sort of reception do you expect him to receive? Good/bad/mixed/none?

Think Gareth's doing alright down at Yeovil, they've kept 2 clean sheets in the last two games anyway, undefeated in three. He was a very good player for Stockport and don't think Saturday will be a walk in the palk for you lot. I personally feel he should still be here at Stockport, but that's football, and when you fall out with the manager, you're heading one way and thats to the exit door!

What sort of reception do you expect him to receive? Good/bad/mixed/none?

Very good from me. Remember his debut v Sheff Wed, we won 1-0. He headed and tackled everything. Not a very good footballer, but defensively sound and always put the effort on. That said, I woud imagine Hughes is relishing the prospect of playing against him.