off topic WOOLAS

fanakapan

Just caught the new Immigration Minister on the news. Mr Woolas MP being filmed talking to punters on Tommyfield.

You guessed it he had his Manure jacket on.

Tool

Lol I don't think he fancies being our MP for long, certainly trying to alienate everyone against him.

What a most ridonkulous apppointment that is... Woolas, Oldham MP, as immigration minister for the entire country, considering the track record of the glorious multi cultural success that is Oldham.

As for his jacket, well done Phil, way to go to alienate a huge proportion of the eloctorate.

I'd lay a wager that Oldham fans don't really make up that much of the electorate, and of those that do...most wouldn't be as petty as not to vote for someone because of the fact that he supports United.

Sometimes there's a bit more to politics than terrace rivalry on a Saturday afternoon (apart from in Hartlepool :grin: )

I'd lay a wager that Oldham fans don't really make up that much of the electorate, and of those that do...most wouldn't be as petty as not to vote for someone because of the fact that he supports United.

Sometimes there's a bit more to politics than terrace rivalry on a Saturday afternoon (apart from in Hartlepool :grin: )

He's a Labour MP loads of people vote Labour because it is what they have always done, he could be a convincted bank robber but he would still get a decent share of the vote because he's a Labour guy. (My own thoughts on how much the Labour party isn't really the labour party at the mo are irrelevant). There are more United fans in Oldham than Oldham fans (more Citeh fans too) and wearing a Man U coat will probably gain him more voters than it loses.

As to 'Angus the monkey, the bloke got elected because he had some decent policies (free milk for schools for one), not because he is the mascot (although I don't think he is anymore) for the town's football team. In Hartlepool most of the voters won't support Hartlepool and Newcastle, Sunderland, Boro and rugby (or non football) fans will make up more of the electorate than Hartlepool fans. The fact that he was a bit of a local celebrity may have helped him somewhat but his football allegiances won't have got him that many extra votes. I think Chaddy may stand a good chance of doing something in local politics if he wanted to and had some good policies.

As to 'Angus the monkey, the bloke got elected because he had some decent policies (free milk for schools for one)

Are you getting that mixed up with 'free bananas for schools' - a novelty policy he eventually reneged on once elected? Or did he promise both and only deliver one?

Are you getting that mixed up with 'free bananas for schools' - a novelty policy he eventually reneged on once elected? Or did he promise both and only deliver one?

Fairly certain he did the milk one and as for the banana one sounds like a good idea to me (kids don't eat enough fruit and veg otherwise Jaime Oliver wouldn't have done anything for the past 2 years), but maybe it wasn't cost effective

Fairly certain he did the milk one and as for the banana one sounds like a good idea to me (kids don't eat enough fruit and veg otherwise Jaime Oliver wouldn't have done anything for the past 2 years), but maybe it wasn't cost effective

Think you are confusing the milk policy promise with the banana one. It's worth noting that the banana policy has never been put into action. As you say, not cost effective.

Where did you get the vegan cream from Rosa? :shock:

why have they gone to the trouble of using vegan cream if they've also used bourbon biscuits,which contain eggs and milk?

they should have thrown a bucket of :censored: over him like they did with kilroy

why have they gone to the trouble of using vegan cream if they've also used bourbon biscuits,which contain eggs and milk?

they should have thrown a bucket of :censored: over him like they did with kilroy

I was thinking that. Surely there is someone in the radical leftwing student movement who can make a bloody biscuit? A bit of ethically sourced organic flour, some Fairtrade chocolate made from soya milk and so on...

take it none of you are overflowing with sympathy for woolas after this :grin:

I'd be throwing the key away on those "No Borders" types if it were up to me. (Oh lucky, lucky world it isn't.) Here's what you do if you don't like what the Government do: make a placard, join a group that most accurately reflects your views, or get your name on a ballot paper.

If you are a student with no particular popular appeal and no placard-making skills and no ability to get into a group of some description, let the Minister speak his mind, and leave out of it. Anyone who thinks its okay to throw something or anything at someone because they don't agree with them should get a seriously stiff sentence, possibly with hard labour or a treadmill thrown in...

...And the :censored: chuckers wouldn't need to worry about the food in the funhouse being vegetarian, because they'd be getting nothing but watery gruel seasoned maybe with a stone or an old shoe, and nothing else.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill