RRE Oldham Fans

Sat in the Chaddy End as usual today, and I no this will probably bring up some big debate but.....

Most of the time all you can actually hear is the drum, at times I do agree you do make quite a bit of noise but not as much as you think.

Chaddy End sometimes creates quite a bit of noise but people in the RRE just can't hear us because of that silly roof :angry:

Try making a little bit more noise RREnders

..... :behead:

obviously just a wind up - i sat in the chaddy end fra while and even teams that brought 30 fans could hear em - sure we were quite vociferous 2 day - was non stop -n we outsang the foxes easily

Agreed, we easily outsung them today. Especially after they scored and there was a bit of anger fuelling it, we had that stand rocking!

I don't want to get too involved in the RRE/Chaddy debate, particularly since I prefer the view from the side of the pitch and therefore don't sit in either.

However it seems to me that when arguing about the noise levels coming from any given part of the ground everybody seems to be neglecting the importance of where you sit in relation to the area in question.

Loads of times in previous seasons when the Chaddy was fuller, people sat in it would come on here saying the atmosphere in there was great today and there was all this noise and everyone sat a reasonable distance from the Chaddy, including myself, would say/think, well it didn't sound all that loud to us.

And now the exact same thing is happening with the RRE. All the posts I've seen about the atmosphere in there yesterday have said it was rocking and we totally outsung those foxes etc. Now the atmosphere in there sounded reasonable from my seat in the Main Stand but it didn't sound like it was rocking and it certainly didn't sound like you outsung the Leicester fans (not that they exactly raised the roof either).

But if you were in the stand yourself and therefore in amongst all the noise that was being made it probably did sound like it was rocking and it would have felt like you were really outsinging the Leicester fans. And in fairness, I've often looked at the fans in the RRE this season, yesterday being a very good example, and looking at the way people are bouncing about and their very graphic body language in reaction to a near miss, good run etc I've thought to myself the atmosphere in there looks really good but then in terms of the noise it doesn't really come across like that. The singing just sounds a bit happy clappy and doesn't carry that roaring feeel to it, and yet inside the stand I'm perfectly happy to believe that it sounds great.

So I just think that perspective i.e. where you are in relation to the the part of the ground in question, has a lot more to do with it than most people have given it credit for. A point perhaps best illustrated by the fact that despite what I've just said, the atmosphere in the ground as a whole yesterday sounded really good in my opinion, so there was obviously noise coming from somewhere. It's just that whether or not a particular stand appears to dominate the noise will depend on where you're sat.

Edited by M_OAFC

Sat in the Chaddy End as usual today, and I no this will probably bring up some big debate but.....

Most of the time all you can actually hear is the drum, at times I do agree you do make quite a bit of noise but not as much as you think.

Chaddy End sometimes creates quite a bit of noise but people in the RRE just can't hear us because of that silly roof :angry:

Try making a little bit more noise RREnders

..... :behead:

:tumbleweed::sleeping:

It was great to see BP with plenty of seats taken. That alone creates a great atmosphere. Sadly come the next home game we will see the vast sea's of blue plastic again. However the crowds are on the upward spiral at present, albeit slowly!, so thats a positive. What we need is to start winning again in the league to move us up and have a succesful FA Cup. After that if Latics can sustain an assault on the league I am confident we'll see nearer 6500/7000 tics attend the latter home fixtures.

Hmmm those in the Chaddy seemed to hear the RRE OK when they joined in their chants...

E4e

ROCKY

How do you know they joined in? I though you couldn't hear the Chaddy from the RRE :grin:

How do you know they joined in? I though you couldn't hear the Chaddy from the RRE :grin:

Its funny looking at the chaddy from the RRE, you can see them singing but cant actually hear to much, heard one song.

Anyway this Chaddy/RRE debate is silly, if weve got two stands willing to sing it`s only going to be a positive.

Its funny looking at the chaddy from the RRE, you can see them singing but cant actually hear to much, heard one song.

Anyway this Chaddy/RRE debate is silly, if weve got two stands willing to sing it`s only going to be a positive.

Bob on cos the players hear both sets whilst they're attacking that end. One thing we Tics don't do and should...if say its a corner we'll make noise before the balls kicked then shut up!! we should have the noise whilst the ball is travelling into the box to distract and panic the oppo.

Edited by Lags

sat in the rre aas usual - atmos was electric - drum knackered the songs up a bit - we were clapping quicker than the drum was beating and people kept losing where we was upto in the song which then killed it!!

still brilliant atmos and good result

Maybe you should clap slower then! The drummer did fine yesterday, people who decide to clap out of time with him aren't helping things at all. There have been loads of times this season where a song has started with plenty of backing and some have decided it would be much better if we sung it as fast as humanly possible. It normally ends with the vast majority stopping and the song dieing on it's arse. The 'Oh When the Blues' chant has been ruined by exactly this, what happened to a couple of seasons back when we could keep that going and going and going? I think it was Swindon away under talbot, we sung that solid for about 20 mins. We need to keep a steady pace and let it build. That's the reason 'sheridans blue and white army' generally works best out of all our songs.

Maybe you should clap slower then! The drummer did fine yesterday, people who decide to clap out of time with him aren't helping things at all. There have been loads of times this season where a song has started with plenty of backing and some have decided it would be much better if we sung it as fast as humanly possible. It normally ends with the vast majority stopping and the song dieing on it's arse. The 'Oh When the Blues' chant has been ruined by exactly this, what happened to a couple of seasons back when we could keep that going and going and going? I think it was Swindon away under talbot, we sung that solid for about 20 mins. We need to keep a steady pace and let it build. That's the reason 'sheridans blue and white army' generally works best out of all our songs.

maybe we should get a conductor to orchestrate it then! the drummers there for the benefit of the fans nd the singing - not the other way round plus when we start singing and everyones clappin its hard to hear the drum from where were sitting

sat in the rre aas usual - atmos was electric - drum knackered the songs up a bit - we were clapping quicker than the drum was beating and people kept losing where we was upto in the song which then killed it!!

still brilliant atmos and good result

He did fine yesterday and certainly helped with the atmosphere. Leave the lad alone FFS.

The 'Oh When the Blues' chant has been ruined by exactly this, what happened to a couple of seasons back when we could keep that going and going and going? I think it was Swindon away under talbot, we sung that solid for about 20 mins. We need to keep a steady pace and let it build. That's the reason 'sheridans blue and white army' generally works best out of all our songs.

So Tuesday night at Bristol is the perfect time to sing it like it's meant to be sung, as a rehearsal for Swindon next Saturday. :OWTB1:

I sat in the Chaddy for 3 years and just moved to the RRE.

The chaddy was a great atmosphere but you knew the sound wast getting all the way accross the pitch. Today was the first time the chaddy looked as full as it was before this season and the first time i have seen them chanting like it used to.

I actually heard one or two of the chants too.

I hope the chaddy keep it up as it was a great atmosphere today.

RRE was buzzing today and we did completely outsing them for most of the game.

The drummer does great and generates a lot of the noise.

Chaddy was a great atmosphere when it had a decent crowd in but the Rocky projects more noise and, has a better view and the Atmosphere is great when your not being told to sit down.