Leicesters goal

No it wasnt a free kick - cheating watt of a liner give em everything until we scored - officials absolute disgrace - this guy and the ref can stick their respect up their arse - sideways.

May be your blue-tinted specs to me because it was a nailed on free kick. Davies lost his head running in kicking and barging anything that moved. The lino was awful, and constantly behind play but was spot on for this decision.

May be your blue-tinted specs to me because it was a nailed on free kick. Davies lost his head running in kicking and barging anything that moved. The lino was awful, and constantly behind play but was spot on for this decision.

id say the item being used here wasnt blue tinted specs, but more likely a davies hating brain. one minute he doesnt try, next thing we know his face was too angry when attempted to win the ball. laughable.

id say the item being used here wasnt blue tinted specs, but more likely a davies hating brain. one minute he doesnt try, next thing we know his face was too angry when attempted to win the ball. laughable.

Don't hate the lad at all, but he's frustrating to the point of dispair sometimes. He has potential, but his ball control (or lack of therein) means it's unlikely he'll carve out a long illustrious career in anything above the 3rd division. Can't fault his effort, he's worked hard this season.

But giving that free kick away was stupid. Like at Rochdale, he ran 50 yards to get involved in something which he shouldn't have done. Jones had him pegged in the corner and on no circumstances should be have given a free kick away there of all places, especially given how threatening Leicester were in the air.

It just stinks more of thinking it should never have been a free kick purely because the lino had a terrible game and got most things wrong. This was one of the few decisions he actually got right.

but he didnt get it right though...

How? By clearly tugging the players shirt and hacking away at his shins? All their lad had to do was wait there, with the ball, until the free kick was given. Incidentally, the reason why Jones wasn't doing the same was because their lad was penned in the corner and wasn't going anywhere.

It was never a freekick. I was sat just in front of the touchline there.

Also Hughes looked to put the ball out for a throwing just previous although a corner was given.

Other than the odd few decisions though I thought the Ref did alright and let the game flow quite well.

Im sorry but that`s rubbish. He didnt go in kicking and barging, he went in and was holding the player up until help came over. However the lad tried to get past him and didnt succeed. There was alittle shirt-tugging but from both players.

Sorry but Davies was quite fairly competing for the ball. Absolute conkers to say he was "Kicking and barging"! It was right in line with me and Davies was working his socks off in a defensive position . Cue Davies haters - " "should have been upfield, he's meant to be a striker">

Edited by LaticsPete

Sorry but Davies was quite fairly competing for the ball. Absolute conkers to say he was "Kicking and barging"! It was right in line with me and Davies was working his socks off in a defensive position . Cue Davies haters - " "should have been upfield, he's meant to be a striker">

But isn't there a point there? We weren't in any direct danger, the lad was pinned in the corner with Jones and another defender (Think it was Gregan) to get past. There simply wasn't a need for Davies to cover 50 yards to 'compete fairly' [still looked like hacking and kicking away randomly] for the ball. I noted to my dad during the second or two that led up to it that "We're going to give a free kick away here".

Nothing new with Davies though. The amount of silly fouls he gives away when 'competing fairly for the ball' is ridiculous. Just looked on the Fishul for last season. 95 (yes ninety bleeding five!) fouls conceded in just over half a season. The only one remotely near to him was Rueben on 56. I think any player should be competitive, but by the same standard I would expect us not to give idiotic fouls away on a regular basis.

Again, there's no agenda against Davies. He's kept his head down after the Rochdale debacle, worked and looked hungry to get back into the side. I'm just pointing out a major weakness in his game right now.

But isn't there a point there? We weren't in any direct danger, the lad was pinned in the corner with Jones and another defender (Think it was Gregan) to get past. There simply wasn't a need for Davies to cover 50 yards to 'compete fairly' [still looked like hacking and kicking away randomly] for the ball. I noted to my dad during the second or two that led up to it that "We're going to give a free kick away here".

Nothing new with Davies though. The amount of silly fouls he gives away when 'competing fairly for the ball' is ridiculous. Just looked on the Fishul for last season. 95 (yes ninety bleeding five!) fouls conceded in just over half a season. The only one remotely near to him was Rueben on 56. I think any player should be competitive, but by the same standard I would expect us not to give idiotic fouls away on a regular basis.

Again, there's no agenda against Davies. He's kept his head down after the Rochdale debacle, worked and looked hungry to get back into the side. I'm just pointing out a major weakness in his game right now.

Sorry - gonna have to agree to disagree on this one - I was very close and it was not a free kick in a million years - but that is the beauty of footy - all different opinions - really seemed to me like the liner was purely biased and let him know in no uncertain terms

Let's agree to disagree. He was back defending as you want people to be - he didn't suddenly race 50 yards. Leicester were double handed against Jones, Chris Taylor was still upfield, Davies was covering.

As for the 95 free kicks last season - they include offsides!!

Let's agree to disagree. He was back defending as you want people to be - he didn't suddenly race 50 yards. Leicester were double handed against Jones, Chris Taylor was still upfield, Davies was covering.

As for the 95 free kicks last season - they include offsides!!

Fair enough, it's what makes football great after all.

But having just looked at every other club from last season. Most team's worst offenders were around the 40-50 foul mark with the exeption of DirtyLeeds' Tresor Kandol and some guy from Luton (Who were the nastiest team I've seen us up against since Bassett's Sheffield United thugs). Sure, offsides included, but it goes to show when most other strikers are conceding only half as many as Davies that he really needs to cut down on giving them away as much.

He shows work-rate and he tracks the attacker and people still arent happy .... if he dived in and wiped the player out fair enough but he tracked the attacker and fairly defended, unfortunately we had an inept liner. Lets face it, if that was Hughes we`d have been applauding his work-rate.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Also Hughes looked to put the ball out for a throwing just previous although a corner was given.

He did, but it was for a Leicester goal kick, not a corner. That was completely unbelievable, one of many sadly.

It was nice to see Brett Ormerod giving the linesman plenty! Thought he might have got booked before even taking to the pitch.

He shows work-rate and he tracks the attacker and people still arent happy .... if he dived in and wiped the player out fair enough but he tracked the attacker and fairly defended, unfortunately we had an inept liner. Lets face it, if that was Hughes we`d have been applauding his work-rate.

Bingo

I was sat in the chaddy, and even from there it looked a nailed on Free-Kick, Davies kicked lumps out of guy and I told anyone who'd listen whre the ball was going to end up.......0-1! :disappointed: Thought Craigy boy went into disinterested turd mode on Saturday and yer don't score goals hiding out on the wing. I thought bringing Ormerod in would fire him up but nope!