After time to reflect!

After 3 hours drive, and a chance to reflect..........

We didn't move the ball quickly enough last night, simple as. All season we have seen Taylor double marked, last night he had acres of space and we didn't zip the ball quicky enough to him, I can remember over 3 times where the pass was short or intercepted. The front 2 looked rooted and we lumped too many hopeless balls forward without much thought. To be honest after the the Lambert goal we looked like we were going to score with a number of chances, Taylors close range blaze over the bar was the pick of em. Second half we had a great spell another couple of chances, nearly own goal and 2 good saves from the brizzle keeper. Another night and we would have got a point. You can blame crossley, however it was moving at some pace, maybe he should have done better. At the end of the day, we didn't take our chances and with games coming thick and fast we need a result on Saturday. Disappointed with some aspects of last night, but it is becoming obvious that if we are hustled with a team with pace, like tonight and at Stockport, we look nervous.

Onwards and upwards - Swindon Away and 3 points....... Lets keep the faith, as a few grumblings were re appearing last night.

Guest oa_exile
After 3 hours drive, and a chance to reflect..........

We didn't move the ball quickly enough last night, simple as. All season we have seen Taylor double marked, last night he had acres of space and we didn't zip the ball quicky enough to him, I can remember over 3 times where the pass was short or intercepted. The front 2 looked rooted and we lumped too many hopeless balls forward without much thought. To be honest after the the Lambert goal we looked like we were going to score with a number of chances, Taylors close range blaze over the bar was the pick of em. Second half we had a great spell another couple of chances, nearly own goal and 2 good saves from the brizzle keeper. Another night and we would have got a point. You can blame crossley, however it was moving at some pace, maybe he should have done better. At the end of the day, we didn't take our chances and with games coming thick and fast we need a result on Saturday. Disappointed with some aspects of last night, but it is becoming obvious that if we are hustled with a team with pace, like tonight and at Stockport, we look nervous.

Onwards and upwards - Swindon Away and 3 points....... Lets keep the faith, as a few grumblings were re appearing last night.

Good post !

In fairness fans who travelled down last night would be dissapointed with the result , as you know Eddie it's a long trip to come back empty handed.

I didnt go last night but I have over the years made many of those fruitless journeys.

Win the next two and all will be forgotten :wink:

Good post !

In fairness fans who travelled down last night would be dissapointed with the result , as you know Eddie it's a long trip to come back empty handed.

I didnt go last night but I have over the years made many of those fruitless journeys.

Win the next two and all will be forgotten :wink:

Its amazing how people turn critic so quickly, yes its a long way to go on a Tuesday night, and fans are entitled to their opinion. 2 losses from 12 league game mill do for me, some people just talk trash. Roll on Saturday :shock:

Its amazing how people turn critic so quickly, yes its a long way to go on a Tuesday night, and fans are entitled to their opinion. 2 losses from 12 league game mill do for me, some people just talk trash. Roll on Saturday :shock:

swindon won last night. they will be up for it on saturday, then its scunny isnt it??? gulp.

swindon won last night. they will be up for it on saturday, then its scunny isnt it??? gulp.

I'm over the moon that Swindon won last night...they'd lost 5 home games in a row...I'm glad it isn't 6 in a row before they face us coz we've always been great for teams on such runs! Now, we go there with them having their current hoodoo slightly lifted before we stick them back their box!

PS We'll beat Scunny too!

i doubt people are turning critic after just 2 defeats....i think he was basically saying after travelling a very long way to watch a game of football that on paper,we should have won,in reality we didnt and it is more the manner in which we lost and the goals conceded,same as for stockport..

i think its more a point of highlighting the fact if we play a team with pace and they break quick and dont give us time on the ball we struggle.....to me its a pretty accurate desrciption of our 2 loses....

i saw the goals on ssn and they were both sloppy,the second was unmarked,again at set pieces we seem to not know what to do properly.

yes the first goal was travelling and moving,but an experienced keeper such as crossley should be able to compensate for that.....but on the whole he is doing ok...

far from a vicious slagging off of the team manager and all concerned after a loss...

2 losses from 12 sounds okay - 6 points from our last 18 does not. The point is that we are suffering a dip in form - if it becomes 3 losses in 13 or 4 losses in 14 will you join the critics? (Incidentally that would be 6 points from 24 if we lose the next 2. :grin: ..)

A good observation and something the manager needs to rectify.

I think that we need another body alongside Allott and Whitaker,i would have thought Maher to be the obvious choice!

our two midfielders are struggling,as in recent games they have been outnumbered.

Especially on our travels,i would like to see us adopt a more cautious approach using an extra midfielder at the expense of a striker.

Playing Hughes as a lone striker will still work as long as others show a willingness to get froward and support him.

I think that we need another body alongside Allott and Whitaker,i would have thought Maher to be the obvious choice!

our two midfielders are struggling,as in recent games they have been outnumbered.

Especially on our travels,i would like to see us adopt a more cautious approach using an extra midfielder at the expense of a striker.

Playing Hughes as a lone striker will still work as long as others show a willingness to get froward and support him.

I've been crying out for that away for ages ... and against the big sides - untill we got the game by the scruff of the neck leicester were overunning us so bad in centre mid it was almost like danny wasnt there

We tried this formation at Burnley with O'Grady and not Hughesy and it blatently dint work ... O'Grady looked to be marooned up there alone but they were a good side with a strong defence and he obv. aint Hughesy either !!! If danny is told his role in the 3 then im certain it will work ... we can then boss games from midfield and release Tayor and an other to open teams up

2 losses from 12 sounds okay - 6 points from our last 18 does not. The point is that we are suffering a dip in form - if it becomes 3 losses in 13 or 4 losses in 14 will you join the critics? (Incidentally that would be 6 points from 24 if we lose the next 2. :grin: ..)

From the Advertiser:

Sheridan said: "I’ve got players moaning and grumpy in their own way. I’ve got Maher, Smalley and (Lewis) Alessandra moaning which doesn’t bother me because they want to play. They’re all good enough players, so it doesn’t bother me who I bring in because I know they’re good enough. I’ll give them their opportunity. They might not expect it so it’s up to them to give me food for thought."

Will Shez make changes or will he persist with the starting eleven, thinking that Tuesday was just one of those nights?

From the Advertiser:

Sheridan said: "I’ve got players moaning and grumpy in their own way. I’ve got Maher, Smalley and (Lewis) Alessandra moaning which doesn’t bother me because they want to play. They’re all good enough players, so it doesn’t bother me who I bring in because I know they’re good enough. I’ll give them their opportunity. They might not expect it so it’s up to them to give me food for thought."

Will Shez make changes or will he persist with the starting eleven, thinking that Tuesday was just one of those nights?

Shez the new Tinkerman? I think having this big squad is slightly leading to Shez making unneccessary changes. Did Lids really need a rest?

Think Shez shouldn't worry too much about players not making the team at the moment, yeah if they are banging on the door with impressive performances in the reserves and training and the player they are replacing aren't upto scratch then make the change but I think Smalley coming in was change for change sake, Lids has been playing very well so far.

For me if your in the team the place is yours until you don't perform or we find someone better. You shouldn't expect to lose your place if you are performing well.

i doubt people are turning critic after just 2 defeats....i think he was basically saying after travelling a very long way to watch a game of football that on paper,we should have won,in reality we didnt and it is more the manner in which we lost and the goals conceded,same as for stockport..

i think its more a point of highlighting the fact if we play a team with pace and they break quick and dont give us time on the ball we struggle.....to me its a pretty accurate desrciption of our 2 loses....

i saw the goals on ssn and they were both sloppy,the second was unmarked,again at set pieces we seem to not know what to do properly.

yes the first goal was travelling and moving,but an experienced keeper such as crossley should be able to compensate for that.....but on the whole he is doing ok...

far from a vicious slagging off of the team manager and all concerned after a loss...

I was just highlighting the fact that is ok to be disappointed, but it soon becomes - he is :censored:e, we are :censored:e, brizzle are :censored:e and we should be winning!

I think with the squad we have, we are doing ok. We need at least 4 points from the next 2 games.