Goals from Bristol Rovers

Shez:

"We played well, but the problem was in both boxes because we made mistakes in our own and didn't want to score enough in the other.

"I'm very annoyed with both goals, and the first one was down to people not doing a simple job properly.

"The second was from a set-piece, it was a joke, and again it happened because people didn't do what they were supposed to do."

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

First time I've seen it too...awful, awful defending. Especially for the first. Wouldn't say Norm's to blame...it's the fact that Lambert is allowed a free shot from thirty yards because everyone suddenly decides to back off. As BP1960 said on another post, the first rule of playing against Lambert is you don't allow him space to shoot from distance.

Plus, we are conceding too many goals from set pieces...needs to be sorted before Sat.

Shez:

"We played well, but the problem was in both boxes because we made mistakes in our own and didn't want to score enough in the other.

"I'm very annoyed with both goals, and the first one was down to people not doing a simple job properly.

"The second was from a set-piece, it was a joke, and again it happened because people didn't do what they were supposed to do."

The first - Whittaker backed off and lambert had room to strike the ball - maybe Crossley should have done better but it was a powerful shot that caught everyone off guard.

The second - two players (Lomax & Allott?) effectively marking no-one - Lines was left at the back post (with a man on the line) to slot home.

The defending simply has to get better - starting this saturday please.

First time I've seen it too...awful, awful defending. Especially for the first. Wouldn't say Norm's to blame...it's the fact that Lambert is allowed a free shot from thirty yards because everyone suddenly decides to back off. As BP1960 said on another post, the first rule of playing against Lambert is you don't allow him space to shoot from distance.

Plus, we are conceding too many goals from set pieces...needs to be sorted before Sat.

Totally agree. Also the marking for the second goal was awful. Allott or Lomax should have picked up the man on the far post but he leaves them both stood there looking at each other in bemusement! Awful defending for both goals, bit of a repeat of Stockport, too many players backing off and allowing the oppo to much space.

I'm in the pro-Crossley camp but after seeing the opener, bad defending or not, Norm's gotta take some of the blame.

My prescription for Saturday? A clean sheet and a win.

Me too (his body really is a temple) but that was shocking keeping. To reach the ball and to let it go through his hands like that is school boy stuff!!!!

Second goal is very very poor defending. Leicester had a similar chance in 1st half on Sat but put it straight at Whitts who was on the line. Rovers player made no such mistake.

Hopefully it was one of those nights and we will react on Saturday. We need to start picking points up again. 6 from 6 is not great (and 4 from 4) is not great!!

I've just watched the extended highlights on LW and I'm a bit surprised as we seemed to play quite well and had more than our share of the ball and the goal chances.

TBH when I saw the result I expected that it was just a routine 2-0 away defeat, but we appeared to do ok which puts me in a slightly more optimistic mood for Saturday.

As for the goals Lambert should definately have been closed down but Crossley really should have done much better, the second was piss poor defending all round as at Stockport, bad and soft goals to be conceeding and this needs addressing asap.

Both goals absolutely terrible defending but the first one Crossley could of made it irrelevant with a simple save cant believe some people came on here saying how he could / might have saved it etc. Its a ridiculous that he doesn't save that. Also think its embarassing how they all back off and Danny Whit turns his back on the shot. Schoolboy stuff allround apart from a schoolboy probably would have saved the first one with minimum fuss.

Both goals absolutely terrible defending but the first one Crossley could of made it irrelevant with a simple save cant believe some people came on here saying how he could / might have saved it etc. Its a ridiculous that he doesn't save that. Also think its embarassing how they all back off and Danny Whit turns his back on the shot. Schoolboy stuff allround apart from a schoolboy probably would have saved the first one with minimum fuss.

Anyone would think you dont like Crossley :wink: