Davies

I've read this several times, and still can't see why it would come across as anything other than a very convincing argument in favour of signing him.

Re Davies, I would imagine that Shez thought about the options he would be left with before letting this happen, he isn't likely to have forgotten that he needs strikers in his side. Something has happened and he has made a decision accordingly.

Totally agree... a striker who has average 1 in 3 at levels far higher than ours... errr, where do we sign?

Am I right in thinking Cole has been released? Give him a months contract or a pay as you play... see what he is made of...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
A number of times last season Davies was clean through and could have passed to his team-mate but ended up going for it himself and hitting the corner flag.

That is quite clearly not at all true.

Good spot Rick , a couple actually went out for throw-ins :grin:

While I can understand that Andrew Cole was a top premier league striker for many years he isnt now.

Since Blackburn (27 goals in 74 appearances) where he left in 2004, he has played for:

Fulham

Man City

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Sunderland

Burnley

Forest

Playing 75 games for those clubs (call it 11 games per club) scoring 31 goals, call it six goals per club.

So in short, he players less than 20 games a season scoring seven goals a season.

Granted, scoring 1 in three(ish) isnt bad, but when you get less than half a season out of him, its crap.

Way past his best as far as i'm concered, especially if as reported Forest were paying him £25k a week.

I'll pass.

You've just described Lee Hughes! :grin: