Davies

He may have actually asked to go out on loan, there doesn't have to be any backroom bust up! Sheridan touts his name around and Stockport, for commuting reasons, is the best option for Davies. It's a bit of a risk for us and Sheridan will get lambasted if he does well and Stockport move above us in the league.

Hopefully someone else is coming in on loan, but it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't. Maybe it's time for the Wolf to show us his bite! ^_^

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may have actually asked to go out on loan, there doesn't have to be any backroom bust up! Sheridan touts his name around and Stockport, for commuting reasons, is the best option for Davies. It's a bit of a risk for us and Sheridan will get lambasted if he does well and Stockport move above us in the league.

Hopefully someone else is coming in on loan, but it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't. Maybe it's time for the Wolf to show us his bite! ^_^

i would of thought in all honesty that he would have gone on loan to a lower div...but hey what do i know.

his attitude stinks,and he is so single and narrow minded,wants to be the big player instead of a team member,and maybe thats where the problem lies...

i think 99% of us on here would want him on the bench as opposed to wolfy.....but done forget he got sent off,then spat his dummy out when the club fined him and went missing from training twice.....maybe shez has finally lost patience with him and sent him out to maybe put him in the shop window...

there maybe a loan on monday or a permanant signing,as we can still sign players who are unattatched....there will be a valid reason for it when it does come out....

Surprised we've let him go to a rival, but i hope he goes there, gets some confidence back, scores a few (though not too many!!) and then in 9 games when Hughes' groin has gone and Lewis has been off the boil and some are all up in arms about our lack of scoring, he'll come back and do the business for us in the 2nd half of the season, firing us to promotion!! :D

I disagree, he cant even do it at Forest, let alone Sunderland. Another Michael Ricketts waiting to happen.

Shhh, dont tell everyone mate... but, err... last time I checked they were both in a higher division than us :wink:

Seem to remember the dingles fans raving about him last season....

I disagree, he cant even do it at Forest, let alone Sunderland. Another Michael Ricketts waiting to happen.

Based purely on a head to head of their goalscoring records, achievements in football and professionalism, I disagree with your view strongly.

What's that then? Plays well but is targeted by the boo boys, jeered when he's rightfully named MOM and a couple of months later chanted at by the Muppet Choir singing for his death?

I'd love another Michael Ricketts. The only player I've been happy to score against us.

RICKETTS FOR ENGLAND

:grin:

Lets flip this all round... do we actually even need another striker??

I would personally be happy with a Smalley/Ormerod partnership if worst came to worst - sounds a good combo to me.. Smalley is quick, strong and good in the air... a fit ormerod a great finisher/poacher....

Hughes, Ormerod, lewi and Smalley is decent to me.... hey, and perhaps this williams kid may be in the shake up too... theres nothing like some undue pressure/expectancy form the latics fans on a kid!!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Guest oa_exile

Dissapointing post to say the least , Andy Cole has still one or two seasons left in him especially in League 1.

And to put Micheal Ricketts as a reference to Andy Cole .............well :lol:

Guest sheridans_world
Dissapointing post to say the least , Andy Cole has still one or two seasons left in him especially in League 1.

And to put Micheal Ricketts as a reference to Andy Cole .............well :lol:

While I can understand that Andrew Cole was a top premier league striker for many years he isnt now.

Since Blackburn (27 goals in 74 appearances) where he left in 2004, he has played for:

Fulham

Man City

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Sunderland

Burnley

Forest

Playing 75 games for those clubs (call it 11 games per club) scoring 31 goals, call it six goals per club.

So in short, he players less than 20 games a season scoring seven goals a season.

Granted, scoring 1 in three(ish) isnt bad, but when you get less than half a season out of him, its crap.

Way past his best as far as i'm concered, especially if as reported Forest were paying him £25k a week.

I'll pass.

Guest oa_exile
Way past his best as far as i'm concered

I'll pass.

No problem Shez , just thought he might still be able to do it in the lower league, obviously I am wrong :blink:

Guest sheridans_world
No problem Shez , just thought he might still be able to do it in the lower league, obviously I am wrong :blink:

As was Michael Ricketts :) - that along with the wage bill puts me off :)

Guest oa_exile
As was Michael Ricketts :) - that along with the wage bill puts me off :)

Hang on, is it the wage or the fact that he is passed it ? , make your mind up :unsure:

IMO I believe he could do a good job in League 1 But if he still thinks he can command £25K a week in the Div then it wont happen.

I also heard that Dean Windyarse wants £10K , again not going to happen.

Hang on, is it the wage or the fact that he is passed it ? , make your mind up :unsure:

IMO I believe he could do a good job in League 1 But if he still thinks he can command £25K a week in the Div then it wont happen.

I also heard that Dean Windyarse wants £10K , again not going to happen.

Elland Road and masterBates will look after that, don't worry :wink:

Lets flip this all round... do we actually even need another striker??

I would personally be happy with a Smalley/Ormerod partnership if worst came to worst - sounds a good combo to me.. Smalley is quick, strong and good in the air... a fit ormerod a great finisher/poacher....

Hughes, Ormerod, lewi and Smalley is decent to me.... hey, and perhaps this williams kid may be in the shake up too... theres nothing like some undue pressure/expectancy form the latics fans on a kid!!

Well Ormerod is crap, unfit and not our player, Smalley proved last season that he's never a striker in a million years and Williams has just come back from ayear out with an injury.

Well Ormerod is crap, unfit and not our player, Smalley proved last season that he's never a striker in a million years and Williams has just come back from ayear out with an injury.

I dont usually agree with your posts but i think your spot on.... I just cannot see any logic in it what so ever.... We are looking very vunerable at the moment especially in an area that at the begining of the season was looking so strong...