Davies

im sure his confidence isnt helped by the crowd reaction when something he trys doesnt work, and this started last season not once he got sent off.

over the last 10 years latics fans pick scapegoats, i think there are 4 in this squad at the moment.davies has been one of them

.....or the crowds reaction isn't helped by some of his terrible decisions on the field!!

He his one of the most frustrating players I've ever watch in a Latics shirt. Think he's far from being a scapegoat with the fans and I would be very interested in how many games as he actually started since christmas that we have won. Thats the point with me.

The team as been strengthened from last year, with the progress of Lewis (the hat trick on tuesday was the nail in the coffin for Davies) two more strikers coming in .... Davies was down the pecking order something I know he won't like one bit.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really impressed today, chasing everything down, added a different dimension to our attacking options. His way of playing seemed to suit two of our attacking midfielders, with Baker benefiting from the space and grabbing two goals. He pulled up with a bit of cramp which is why he got subbed, got a great reception from our fans though as he walked around past the cheadle end, got clapped the whole way round as he limped until he went down the tunnel! In his interview after the game he said he thinks he's been given permission by Oldham to play in the FA Cup next weekend.

It won't be long before you see the true Davies. Running around like a headless chicken, costing you goals because he's so greedy and getting sent off. I'm glad to see the back of him.

He only got sent off once. And he's far from a headless chicken if anything my gripes about him stem from the fact that he doesn't run enough and I think his recent performances for Latics had been quite good just lacking the goals.

Guest oa_exile
In his interview after the game he said he thinks he's been given permission by Oldham to play in the FA Cup next weekend.

Now that would be stupid of us unless he was deffo on his way out !

Guest oa_exile
Not really, don't think we are taking any of cup's seriously this year, Hughes's professional booking today kinda shows that.

I am sure TTA are laughing at the thought of no pay day in round 3

Edited by oa_exile

What about being greedy and diving on the floor at every opportunity?

Can only re-iterate what this man has said:

Seriously i just cannot understand some people on this thread.

Davies scored 14 goals last season by the start of February. Lets put that into context - Porter scored 20+ the season before and it was a great fuss that he was the first player to do so for more than 20 years, had Craig kept fit he could of quite easily banged in 6 more.

This season he's hardly had a proper chance, perhaps it's his own fault, but still imo he hasn't had one on the pitch, when he's been on he's done alright.

Don't mean to sound negative but what did Lewi do different today what Davies has done in the games he has played.

Should be 3rd choice at very worse, insane from Sheridan sending him out!

Cosign.

What about being greedy and diving on the floor at every opportunity?

Errrm, didn't Lewi say thay Hughesy had told him to be more greedy with the ball and that's why he scored a hat-trick on Tuesday? Greed is part of a strikers game, as for diving, well that's a matter of opinion.

He's been sent off once, which was silly, but so has Gregan and he hasn't been shipped out! We could struggle against Cheltenham in the cup and it won't help our confidence if we do.

If Davies starts banging them in at Stockport, they will soon be above us in the league. Although there's a long way to go, it's very worrying that we can't be consistent, as that is really a necessity to get out of this league.

Hughes is suspended for the game at Cheltenham. Who would you like to see alongside Lewi if Ormerod can't play?

Herein lies the problem. I would have played Davies. I also think he's our best option if we ever choose to revert to 4-5-1.

I'd have been happy with Davies as third choice. I don't think he should have been loaned out.

Let's see what the loan window offers.

Herein lies the problem. I would have played Davies. I also think he's our best option if we ever choose to revert to 4-5-1.

I'd have been happy with Davies as third choice. I don't think he should have been loaned out.

Let's see what the loan window offers.

Which is exactly what Stockport did. Obviously they had him watched.

While I can understand that Andrew Cole was a top premier league striker for many years he isnt now.

Since Blackburn (27 goals in 74 appearances) where he left in 2004, he has played for:

Fulham

Man City

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Sunderland

Burnley

Forest

Playing 75 games for those clubs (call it 11 games per club) scoring 31 goals, call it six goals per club.

So in short, he players less than 20 games a season scoring seven goals a season.

Granted, scoring 1 in three(ish) isnt bad, but when you get less than half a season out of him, its crap.

Way past his best as far as i'm concered, especially if as reported Forest were paying him £25k a week.

I'll pass.

I've read this several times, and still can't see why it would come across as anything other than a very convincing argument in favour of signing him.

Re Davies, I would imagine that Shez thought about the options he would be left with before letting this happen, he isn't likely to have forgotten that he needs strikers in his side. Something has happened and he has made a decision accordingly.