Davies

Windass on Monday?

Not a chance !!! I for one would be waiting next to his Range Rover for one, for when he got out to Lamp him and I dont mean taking him rabbit hunting !!!! Windy-arse is a grade one ....... well add your own word ....

Not read all on this post regarding Davies as I'm to disturbed to the loan deal !!!

wtf is going on i'm 90% sure it MUST have been a bust up with shez ..

All along TTA have said we have a good squad to challenge for promotion yet in 2 weeks we have let IMO 4 good squad players leave on loan ...

I'm not a happy bunny !

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shocker, the way the club has treated Davies this season has been disgusting to say the least.

How can you make a comment like that when you don't know what's gone on...the fact that he's gone to a club challenging in our division should tell you Shez couldn't wait to get rid.

Let's wait while next week before making those sort of comments. I wouldn't mind guessing it's a dressing room bust up....Let's wait and see!!

Guest oa_exile
All along TTA have said we have a good squad to challenge for promotion yet in 2 weeks we have let IMO 4 good squad players leave on loan ...

Of which two were not in this seasons plans (Thompson & Kalala) one has been replaced with Ormerod (O'Grady) and I would not be surprised if another striker comes in on loan next week ...........so all in all why are you an un-happy bunny ?

How can you make a comment like that when you don't know what's gone on...the fact that he's gone to a club challenging in our division should tell you Shez couldn't wait to get rid.

Let's wait while next week before making those sort of comments. I wouldn't mind guessing it's a dressing room bust up....Let's wait and see!!

Then it shows badly on Shez, he's handled Craig poorly all season..

his attitude stinks,and he is so single and narrow minded,wants to be the big player instead of a team member,and maybe thats where the problem lies...

Unfortunately I think this is the root of the proplem and he's never recovered from being part of the disrupted trio with Ricketts, JP. Don't think he'll be in a

Latics shirt again.... you just don't lend of a player like Davies unless you want rid. A loss to the squad but so far from a disaster for our promotion plans.

Then it shows badly on Shez, he's handled Craig poorly all season..

Fishing are you Coco? In what way has he treated him badly? The lad's an absolute dick, has shown nowhere near the form he showed last season (which in itself was patchy), nuts a player in front of the referee and loses his passport just before he's to go out to represent his country?

Soooo, how on earth has Shez treated him poorly?

Fishing are you Coco? In what way has he treated him badly? The lad's an absolute dick, has shown nowhere near the form he showed last season (which in itself was patchy), nuts a player in front of the referee and loses his passport just before he's to go out to represent his country?

Soooo, how on earth has Shez treated him poorly?

Not fishing at all, it's something I've been saying in threads since he was sent off.

I think the club totally over-reacted at that incident given some of the things we've had players do (the managers brother for starters), banning him from international football was a pathetic thing to do which helped absolutely no-one, and if they did have to ban him it should never have been made public since that seems to have added to this idea people have developed about him being a dick, where thats come from I don't know.

And then after he scores a hattrick in one of our very rare reserve games, he's gets very little chance in the first team before a half fit striker from another club joins on loan.

i hope he's got a recall clause in for if we need him but to be honest i'm glad he's gone even if only for a few months.bad attitude and lazy. i've been saying that for ages and have been shouted down every time an i nearley gave in thinking it must just me me who thinks that but obviousley its not. shame though with abetter attitude he'd be a good player.lets hope he comes back a changed man.

Not fishing at all, it's something I've been saying in threads since he was sent off.

I think the club totally over-reacted at that incident given some of the things we've had players do (the managers brother for starters), banning him from international football was a pathetic thing to do which helped absolutely no-one, and if they did have to ban him it should never have been made public since that seems to have added to this idea people have developed about him being a dick, where thats come from I don't know.

And then after he scores a hattrick in one of our very rare reserve games, he's gets very little chance in the first team before a half fit striker from another club joins on loan.

how can the club over react to one of its so called big name players taking an oppo player out by head butt under the refs nose???

what did you want the club to do,pat him on the back and say oh there there craig...your supposed to head the ball not the player......bolloks.

if someone did this to you in the street its classed as assault,gbh or abh and can carry a prison sentance,he didnt accidently clash heads going for the ball,he nutted him so therefor it was premeditated....

do you know what the clubs rules are on sendings off by any chance???....i would imagine that a few weeks wages fined and so on is the norm....then instead of coming out with an apology straight away we have to wait for it....

then instead of knuckling down and trying to repay the faith shown in him by the club (new contract) he goes missing in action from training..not once but twice.....

this would lead you to believe the lads got discipline problems and shez doesnt want a bad influence in the dressing room or a disruptive player around the club and other players....

sending him out on loan might just be the kick up the backside he needs,get his head right and maybe come back a better player for it.

i dont think the club or the manager have treated him bad at all...if anything they have been to soft on him with his cocky attitude.

if he scores the goals to leapfrog them over us in the table he will be public enemy number 1 if he comes back here wont he?!

If he scores the goals, it will just show he has a professional attitude. He can't afford not to score if there is an opportunity because his future depends on it.

I will cheer and applaud him if OR when he returns because he will be wearing the blue of Oldham as I hope all fans should (as opposed to those minority few who boo players they dislike before they've touched the ball).

Well Ormerod is crap, unfit and not our player, Smalley proved last season that he's never a striker in a million years and Williams has just come back from ayear out with an injury.

Ahh Coco, not only are do you compulsively always say the opposite of me no matter what, you also uterly forget to see the tongue in cheek nature of my post about williams.

Never mind, just perch there with your rod... you caught a page worth of replies.

As for smalley. Strongly disagree. How can a player his age prove he is not a striker? And as for your defence of Davies - well he has been proving he is not a football player of any sort since last christmas. Have smalley up top ahead of that idiot anyday.

And as for his treatment - dont make me laugh. The headbut and banning from international footie was the straw that broke the camels back. The only thing that stopped him from being tossed to the wilderness with JP and Rickets after his antics last season was the fact he appeared to be half decent at football... well that bubble has burst.

I don't go fishing anymore, theres no challenge in it.

And again, what are these antics of his because it seems i've totally missed something.

You've obviously missed a lot fella! :wink:

Not going to cover too much old ground, but there was always slight amazement that Ricketts got turfed out on his ear, and JP banished to the wilderness, and Davies got away pretty much without punishment when thier billy big balls clique was disbanded... i'd imagine he was told he was an investment for the club, and if he got his head down and worked he still had a future with us... a year later... oh dear, see ya later craig.

I do take your points that we are looking light IF you compared us the the so called striking riches we had on paper at the start of the season... however, as we all know, you dont win games or score goals from names on a squad list. I'm sorry - that is all Davies is to em at the moment, a name on a squad list that gives absolutely no substance. He has actually contributed less than nothing this season with his headbut, and his form avoidance programme... so ship him off, and see what he can do elsewhere. Better for both parties.

I still dispute we are potentially looking light - but again, its a question of whether you would rather see Davies or smalley or a n other in a striking berth. From how he has played this season, I would rather see anyone other than davies up front... Even Chris Taylor, or dare I say it, Andy Liddell is a far better option up front at the moment.

Ahh Coco, not only are do you compulsively always say the opposite of me no matter what, you also uterly forget to see the tongue in cheek nature of my post about williams.

Never mind, just perch there with your rod... you caught a page worth of replies.

As for smalley. Strongly disagree. How can a player his age prove he is not a striker? And as for your defence of Davies - well he has been proving he is not a football player of any sort since last christmas. Have smalley up top ahead of that idiot anyday.

And as for his treatment - dont make me laugh. The headbut and banning from international footie was the straw that broke the camels back. The only thing that stopped him from being tossed to the wilderness with JP and Rickets after his antics last season was the fact he appeared to be half decent at football... well that bubble has burst.

Totally Agree.

Ive said it from the start.

I don't think Davies will have necessarily fallen out with Sheridan, I believe we've been interested in Davies for sometime. I remember a couple of weeks before the league game against you the reserves had a game and Davies scored a hatrick in the first half when you went 5-0 up!! Some of our fans said after this game that he was just the type of striker we need at the moment and couldn't understand why he wasn't in your first team. On that basis, I think it's likely Gannon has enquired about taking Davies rather than Sheridan touting his name to get rid of him.

No, but he's a serial fouler (just have a look at his stats Rick). He's brought nothing to the table for me (this season) and I'd back someone like Ormerod to come good far more than I'd back Davies right now.

:laught30:

So is Paul Scholes mate. Just look at his stats Jay. :lol:

Perhaps this quote from Davies sums up why he hasn't delivered this season like he did last season ..........

Still, a fairly successful spell in the Championship with Wolves was followed up by a move to Oldham and Davies seems to be making the most of life as a regular starter.

“I’m still very young but the difference here has been that I’ve been able to have a run of games and get going again,” said Davies, who has also had a stint at Oxford after leaving Man City. “The manager (John Sheridan) is very hard on me because he only wants the best for me. I’m very grateful for that.

And as for Ormerod, I think he is too similar a player to Hughes for them to wotk as a partnership. It certainly looked like that at Bristol Rovers anyway.

Looks like I'm in the 'not @rsed' minority. Good riddance.

My only surprise is that County have gone for him. They footballed us off the park at their place, a team crammed full of youngsters who played footy like it's meant to be played and looked like they'd run through brick walls for the cause. I couldn't think of a worse addition to that ethos than Davies.

Not missed him at all this season. Hardwork, enthusiasm, dedication, commitment, teamwork, all lost on him.

Lewi on the other hand, out of the squad completely, gets recalled and puts in the game of his life. A hat trick against top of the league...not a league 2 reserve team.

E4e

LEWIS

how can the club over react to one of its so called big name players taking an oppo player out by head butt under the refs nose???

what did you want the club to do,pat him on the back and say oh there there craig...your supposed to head the ball not the player......bolloks.

if someone did this to you in the street its classed as assault,gbh or abh and can carry a prison sentance,he didnt accidently clash heads going for the ball,he nutted him so therefor it was premeditated....

do you know what the clubs rules are on sendings off by any chance???....i would imagine that a few weeks wages fined and so on is the norm....then instead of coming out with an apology straight away we have to wait for it....

then instead of knuckling down and trying to repay the faith shown in him by the club (new contract) he goes missing in action from training..not once but twice.....

this would lead you to believe the lads got discipline problems and shez doesnt want a bad influence in the dressing room or a disruptive player around the club and other players....

sending him out on loan might just be the kick up the backside he needs,get his head right and maybe come back a better player for it.

i dont think the club or the manager have treated him bad at all...if anything they have been to soft on him with his cocky attitude.

Spot on with your comments there...Apart from him being a better player when he comes back...If he does OK at County he won't be coming back.

You just don't loan one of your so called best strikers to a rival unless you seriously want him out!!!

I reckon there's been a major fall out behind the scenes!

Taking an oppo player out by head butt? Are you having a laugh? He put his face into the oppos players face (which was wrong) but it was hardly taking him out by head butt. You should be working for the News of the World.

It is not the worse thing that one of our players has done is it?

you are correct, but i dont really think the player could file charges with the fact he barley even brushed him, it was stupid thing to do , but people are going to far.

he has had a bad run of form, so in typical oldham fan style he is made a scapegoat, if he came back from suspension scoring he would be the best thing ever.

no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors, he got sent off so his attitude stinks, he may just be low on confidence.

im sure his confidence isnt helped by the crowd reaction when something he trys doesnt work, and this started last season not once he got sent off.

over the last 10 years latics fans pick scapegoats, i think there are 4 in this squad at the moment.davies has been one of them

you are correct, but i dont really think the player could file charges with the fact he barley even brushed him, it was stupid thing to do , but people are going to far.

he has had a bad run of form, so in typical oldham fan style he is made a scapegoat, if he came back from suspension scoring he would be the best thing ever.

no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors, he got sent off so his attitude stinks, he may just be low on confidence.

im sure his confidence isnt helped by the crowd reaction when something he trys doesnt work, and this started last season not once he got sent off.

over the last 10 years latics fans pick scapegoats, i think there are 4 in this squad at the moment.davies has been one of them

You've hit some nails there, i agree that a lot with Davie is down to confidence...not an excuse for attitude, mistakes, performances, but the reality is certain players need a lot of confidence to perform and Davies is one of them. As for still going on about the 'headbutt' he made a mistake, apologised and has been 'more than suitably' punished - MOVE ON! He bagged a hat trick in the reserves, got a chance back in the first team, didn't really grab it, though didn't let anyone down either - If there is 'discipline issues, Shez no doubt, will be looking to offload him - hence the loan. However if it is down to confidence - a few games at the same level, might just help sort his 'noggin' out (just wish it wasn't Stockport!!) Time will tell on this one - But we do look really short (sorry Wolfy :grin: ) up front, should Hughes' get injured.