Davies

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on then, give us an honest appraisal.

First touch like a baby elephant. Has pace to burn when his confidence is up. Likes to score the specacular goal over the bread and butter scruffy ones. Usually sulks when things don't go his way and is prone to doing something completely idiotic like headbutting another player about a foot away from the ref.

ABSOLUTE JOKE seriosly what are we doing? Hughes will be suspended soon so we have limited options and what happens if we get 2 injuries- wolfenden up front. Also county are a rival and just 2 points behind stupid decision. AND I CANT SHOUT GET MENTAL ON

It's an understatement to say that I'm gobsmacked.

From a football point of view, this seems like a bad call.

Are we bringing somebody else in? Extending Ormerod's stay?

Are there financial reasons?

Then again, it's not as if County are rolling in it.

Edited by opinions4u

First touch like a baby elephant. Has pace to burn when his confidence is up. Likes to score the specacular goal over the bread and butter scruffy ones. Usually sulks when things don't go his way and is prone to doing something completely idiotic like headbutting another player about a foot away from the ref.

Sounds just like Gannon's kind of project. We rarely loan players in without having a view on taking them permenantly down the line. We won't pay any money mind you. Does he have a future at your place ?

I'll be surprised if Davis (sic) and O'Grady haven't got 24-hour recalls in their loan deals.

they usually announce that type of thing when players go one loan...don't remember o'grady's loan having any mention of it.

but you're right,there should be a recall clause in place.

side thought....maybe we are looking to get another striker on loan ?no doubting ormerod's ability,but he's still looking a tad unfit and out of touch IMO.

I too can only presume that either him and/or O'Grady have a recall facility with the loan.

As for Davies (to our Stockport friend), there is a decent player there waiting to get out. His pace gets him out of his inability to have a decent first touch, and his confidence has been a bit down this season. However, if he'd pull his head out of his arse and actually run where he is told (i.e the box) rather than prancing about in all parts pretending to be something he isn't he'll be an almighty player. I'm not sure Sheridan can do this, but I'd be seriously pissed off if this turned into a permenant deal without giving it a proper shot. Hopefully it is just so he gets a bit of first team football whilst trying to get back on track like last season.

Sounds just like Gannon's kind of project. We rarely loan players in without having a view on taking them permenantly down the line. We won't pay any money mind you. Does he have a future at your place ?

He should have a future. He signed a 3 year contract 2 months ago!

He should have a future. He signed a 3 year contract 2 months ago!

Ricketts had a contract til we ripped it up. Really can't see the logic behind this, he's not playing that badly,can only assume something's gone on behind the scenes.

We signed him for a fee and he extended his contract in the summer so I think we'd definately look for a butty IF he was to leave permamently.

If he is going it'll be down to personal reasons and attitude, not footballing ability which, when he puts his mind to it is very good for this level.

Got 14 goals by the half-way mark of last season.

from a footballing view its good BUT only if

a)there is a re-call

b)hes sent to a non-rival a team like crewe would be ok, but county are 2 points behind us- stupid

c)there is no risk of limited options which there is- hughes suspended soon and likely to get injured, o grady out on loan already, ormerod :censored:e, wolfy :censored:e smalley :censored:e up front, leaving us with 2 decent options up front MMMMMM

He signed a contract extension last summer so he'll cost a fee if you want him for good. He's a very frustrating player - he can switch from pure brilliance to pure idiotic in a second and back again - so I think this division is about his level mind. Some Latics fans think the sun shines out of his arse (probably due to how he can pull out a wonder goal from time to time).

I agree, I'm surprised he's out on loan and it leaves us a tad short. But I think Ormerod is ten times the player that Davies is and is just lacking match sharpness, which he's sure to get more now Davies is out of the team.