what went wrong

This thread makes me laugh! There is no way Crossley was at fault for there 1st goal it was a free header from 10 yards, no keeper in the world would have stopped it.

Free kick shouldn't have been conceded.

Header was unchallenged.

But any keeper will tell you that if a header comes at you, you'd fancy your chances of blocking it.

Free kick shouldn't have been conceded.

Header was unchallenged.

But any keeper will tell you that if a header comes at you, you'd fancy your chances of blocking it.

A failure yet again to defend a set piece in the air to a big man, Latics set plays for and against are becoming a music hall joke.

What went wrong?

What went right!?!?!

That was THE worst performance I've ever seen from the lads.

Can I just say though, to the fans who booed or left early, that you're absolutely hypocritical!

There's no way that you can sign Oldham till I die, then boo them as soon as they lose!

We've had a great home run, we're in the top 7 for crying out loud!

Hereford have the right to boo, Cheltenham have the right to boo, do we?!

Personally, I dont think so.

The problem is this Latics team cannot cope with any team which harasses and pressurises them.

It's usually the lower or mid table teams which adopt these tactics.

The manager needs be more tactically aware that his midfield 2 are being overrun with no help from the wide men.

As for corner kicks, throws ins, and defending free kicks, it's an insult to say they they are amaturish.

Absolutely spot on,i only wish that you were in charge of team selection BP1960,these problems have been glaringly obvious for weeks.

What went wrong?

What went right!?!?!

That was THE worst performance I've ever seen from the lads.

Can I just say though, to the fans who booed or left early, that you're absolutely hypocritical!

There's no way that you can sign Oldham till I die, then boo them as soon as they lose!

We've had a great home run, we're in the top 7 for crying out loud!

Hereford have the right to boo, Cheltenham have the right to boo, do we?!

Personally, I dont think so.

people were leaving with 15 mins left to play,plus injury time...joke. i can understand 5 mins left as its obvious to even the most die hard fan you aint comming back from this one playing like we did....

but again at the end of the day people payed there money and got nothing in return,people will always boo sadly.....yet next week if we win with a scruffy goal will be celebrating....

i think its more to do with the way we have lost,rather than the loss itself......you could play like brazil and lose and people would accept it.....but every game we have lost we have played very badly,and i think its that what people resent...

how can you go from beating the league leaders 3-0 to losing to a yeovil side that showed very little except for how to score 2 easy goals.

Well everything went according to plan today.

There was no way Latics were giving money away and after the great result on Tuesday they had to do something to save them from cashing in the vouchers.

Well played Latics.

Also well played Hughes for getting booking so he only misses cup game.

I had Hughes first booking and 1-0 Yeovil.

Just missed out on a nice payout because it was all so predictable. Just didn't expect them to score 2

Absolutely spot on,i only wish that you were in charge of team selection BP1960,these problems have been glaringly obvious for weeks.

Thanks, being in the profession for many years tactics was my game.

But the best laid plans can go wrong, I sent in one report to a manager;

"Stress to your defenders under NO circumstances allow the opposition centre forward to turn on to his left foot around the edge of the penalty area and shoot"

Of course one minute into the game he did precisely that and scored.

You can tell some players, but frustratingly you can't be sure they are listening.

Edited by BP1960

Guest oa_exile
Don't we do set pieces "off the cuff" as Shez says. Not working. Get some bloody routines sorted.

Just like the fee kick outside the box , 1st half , bloody embarrasing :blush:

In general we cannot play or adapt against teams that sit and wait and hit us on the break.

When will we learn that when we keep the ball on the floor and pass it around we look the part.

This hoofing and head tennis is just utter :censored:e ! :angry:

Yet again no plan B , anyone could see we needed to change things around and close up the midfield.

Mentioned at HT Shez would put a rocket up their arses , FFS second half was worse !

Need and beer or five and forget about this dismal,crappy,gutless,awful ...............................peformance !

PISSED OFF !

worst performance that i can remember everyone was awful. Eardley needs to sort his attitude out and then maybe he will start playing half decent.

The problem is his confidence is quickly evaporating, I noticed a few times today he played the ball square rather than an ambitious short pass forward.

anyone ??? :disappointed: and don't say just the score

Two banks of four behind the ball inviting Latics to try and break them down. Latics unable to do so.

Hypothetical question, would a player of the style of Wellens made a diference today?

Hypothetical question, would a player of the style of Wellens made a diference today?
Possibly, but with no-one in front of him prepared to put in a convincing shot and Eardley having a nightmare behind him, not much.

Possibly, but with no-one in front of him prepared to put in a convincing shot and Eardley having a nightmare behind him, not much.

the basics are all wrong....simple give n go,or if no player is available to pass to,just keep it,i would rather see 3 or 4 square passes to own players any day instead of mindless lumping of ball forward in the vain hope one of ours gets it.

at the moment its like a hot potato every time they get the ball,they just want rid asap.

first touches and trapping the ball are diabolical...players letting the ball bounce over them when in acres of space...forwards getting the ball played at them at chest or head height,unable to instantly control and turn...hughes did it twice but there was nobody there to pass to.

its time to rest a few players and bring in others,the more this team keeps playing and losing and losing morale the worse we and they will be....be interesting to see who he brings in on loan.....he only needs a half decent two to perform and it will snowball from there.