what went wrong

Midfield rubbish

Eardley complete cack yet again - what the hell has Lomax done wrong to lose his position?

Taylor - ineffective

Gregan - not marking and then blaming Crossley for his own crap defending

Forwards given no service at all

and 2 very good saves from their keeper in the first half

Midfield rubbish

Eardley complete cack yet again - what the hell has Lomax done wrong to lose his position?

Taylor - ineffective

Gregan - not marking and then blaming Crossley for his own crap defending

Forwards given no service at all

and 2 very good saves from their keeper in the first half

Allott was diabolical.

That was utter gash today.

I can't believe that was the same team that destroyed Scunny on Tuesday night.

We just don't seem to be able to play against teams who stick men behing the ball.

Undone from a set piece yet again for the first - Greegs going walkabout.

Didn't see the build-up for the 2nd, but Crossley seemed to just stand there and watch the ball as it bobbed about 5yards in front of him , and then only decided to drop on it when it was too late.

Eardley :censored: again. Taylor was poor, so innefectual when he's pushed out to the left and not allowed to cut inside. Liddell was anonymous. Rat and Whits seemed to be off the pace. Jones thinks he's a winger. Alessandra worked hard but no result. And regardless of how well Hughes may or may not have played, (and he didn't set the world alight) to get a 5th booking for slinging the ball into floor was just inexcusable.

So Hughes now suspended, which leaves us with an unfit Ormerod to partner Alessandra.

Well done lads. I got out of my sick bed today to watch that :censored: rubbish.

Properly pissed off.

Midfield rubbish

Eardley rubbish

Liddell past it and rubbish

Subs add absolutely nothing, Maher is not a match winner and Ormorod is terrible, on par with Dele Adebola

Short corners don't work, never have done and never will do

Corners that don't get past the first man never work

passing sideways never works.

How Lee, Stephens and Davies can't get on the bench is beyond me whilst we have :censored:e like Maher and Ormorod taking up places.

He looked to me as if thought for a few seconds about it abd then decided it would be a good idea and threw it down. It was a very delayed reaction

Greg Fleming must be :censored: awful in training if Sheridan thinks that fat wap is better than him.

Body a temple? My arse.

Crossley - should have saved the first, although Whitaker gave away a cheap free kick and Gregan was sleeping.

Eardley - he gets some ott stick on here, but his performance today was diabolical

Jones - his crossing was poor today in a game where he got forwards well without the necessary end result

Gregan - not his finest hour in a Latics shirt

Hazell - seemed ok to me and created chances with his presence in the air - when corners reached him

Allott - anonymous performance. I'd have to say his place in the side is by no means guaranteed.

Whitaker - one of those games where although he played reasonably well, he was a bit too elaborate going forwards. Should have scored just before they did.

Taylor - not his best game, but still our main creative force.

Liddell - had a reasonable game for me

Hughes - he's a menace for any opposition and still remains so, but should have given Owen hell in the second half and didn't.

Alessandra - again, was ok today but not as creative as usual

On another day, that would have been a frustrating kinda game where we grab a 75th minute winner and walk away happy with a 1-0. Defensive cock ups cost us a point when it's clear that the opposition were pretty ordinary.

Very disappointed that we didn't run more at Gaz Owen after he'd been booked. A clear weakness to exploit in the opposition and we didn't do it.

Usually I'd blame Shez for this, but throughout the team we had no spark today. Switching to 3-4-3 made sense, and we did have chances to save the game, but this goes down as a bad day at the office. Spose the manager is responsible for motivation etc etc.

On the down side, we're out of the play-off spots and Craig Davies played in front of a crowd 1,000 bigger.

On the up side, still only 5 points off the top, Davies didn't score for Stockport and committed the most fouls.

Edited by opinions4u

[

they had 3 attacks and scored twice....we didnt put our chances away when we had oppertunity..

eardly needs to be shown how to pass to a blue shirt,i lost count how many times in the first half he either hit it out or passed straight to them.

hughes booking was laffable,we should of had a penalty as it came of there big defenders arm,how liddell never scored and ended up in the back of the net i will never know.

dont let maher take corners,cant beat the first man....

hazell and whittacker did ok,taylor only took on there defender in the last 5 mins and kept skinning him,why he never did it the first half i wont know....

mycars engine blew up yesterday so i decided to go to the game to cheer myself up......im going to b and q for some rope now.

This thread makes me laugh! There is no way Crossley was at fault for there 1st goal it was a free header from 10 yards, no keeper in the world would have stopped it.

I didn't say he was. He was at fault for the 2nd though. Too bloody fat, slow and indecisive to get on it.

Fleming has to start next week. Sick of people having to make excuses for him week in and week out.

The problem is this Latics team cannot cope with any team which harasses and pressurises them.

It's usually the lower or mid table teams which adopt these tactics.

The manager needs be more tactically aware that his midfield 2 are being overrun with no help from the wide men.

As for corner kicks, throws ins, and defending free kicks, it's an insult to say they they are amaturish.

Edited by BP1960

Midfield rubbish

Eardley rubbish

Liddell past it and rubbish

Subs add absolutely nothing, Maher is not a match winner and Ormorod is terrible, on par with Dele Adebola

Short corners don't work, never have done and never will do

Corners that don't get past the first man never work

passing sideways never works.

How Lee, Stephens and Davies can't get on the bench is beyond me whilst we have :censored:e like Maher and Ormorod taking up places.

here here