Playoffs

Lookers_Carl

Playoff System  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which playoff system do you think the FL should use from the following

• Mcintyre Final 4
    • Mcintyre Final 5
    • RL System (Adaptation of Mcintyre Final 6)
    • Mcintyre Final 8
    • Stick with current format

Please tell me you were kidding?

What, so if Walsall are somehow in the bottom 4 at the end of the season, and we're 4th, and they get a shock win, we should go down, and they should get a chance to go to Wembley?

It was a joke, it would make thing interesting though.

It would be sweet to see someone go undefeated all year and then lose to bottom in the last game and get relegated though. (as long as it wasn’t us).

think it should be as follows

3rd strait to wembley for final

4th home game v winners of 5/6th winners to final

5th play 6th at home winners play 4th away

no replays extra time then pens

all games are played inside 1 week

incentive to finnish as high as possible to get a home fixture reward for finishing higher less games

I think that's a belting idea Peanuts. Rewards the team who finish 3rd and incentivises the others to finish as high as possible with home ties.

Rugby League only use it to generate interest. It works in there game but not in football.

The prospect of 20/30 steakheads wearing skin-tight kit whilst regularly colliding and rubbing each others faces into the mud isn't interesting enough? :unsure:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Dont fix what ain't broke ;)

They said that about three up three down.

I also liked it when the team from worst non-relegation place from the league above was involved. I don't know how successful they were at staying up (although I think Charlton did in 87), but I like the idea of the promotion-hungry from the lower division taking on the whipping boys of the division above.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Playoffs are one area i think American Sports do well. I like the idea of it going on games not goals. Why not have best of 3 games in the Semi Final with the 2 teams in the highest places playing at home twice to gain an advantage. Quick fire games too 3 in one full week. Then the final at Wembley as a one off (to stop the season never ending:)

Quick edit just to add this could make for more attacking football as the team that wins the first leg will go out to win the 2nd so they dont have to play a 3rd game where the team that loses will have to attack in the 2nd game to stay in with a chance. Downside for some but not for me is each game would have to be played until there is a winner so could include extra time and penalties. Or scrap penalties and extra time and play next goal wins like at school:)

Edited by wozz_oafc

It was a joke, it would make thing interesting though.

It would be sweet to see someone go undefeated all year and then lose to bottom in the last game and get relegated though. (as long as it wasn’t us).

Sorry, missed the sarcasm there, lol :P

Just imagine that, United playing Fulham on the last day, Fulham scrape a win, scum go down, and Fulham are in the Champs League! ;D