If standing areas were brought back to BP

I was at the Killers Albert Hall concert last night - the standing tickets were in the main the same price as for the majority of the seating. It struck me that that might be an option at BP - charge the same to stand as to sit so the club gets the same income - what do y'all think? :o

I was at the Killers Albert Hall concert last night - the standing tickets were in the main the same price as for the majority of the seating. It struck me that that might be an option at BP - charge the same to stand as to sit so the club gets the same income - what do y'all think? :o

Errrrrrmm, standing is banned at all-seater football stadia.....

Errrrrrmm, standing is banned at all-seater football stadia.....

You are right. There is no mechanism for bringing back standing areas in an all-seater stadium. But those that still have terracing - the majority of L1 grounds I'd have thought - can retain it subject to safety regulations.

Guest oa_exile
What about if we have knocked down a stand? Would letting people stand on the terracing where the lookers used to be, be an option?

It would be an option but why would the club spend £000's on making the Lookers area standing when we cant fill BP anyway.

Standing at BP is just not going to happen.

Edited by oa_exile

What about if we have knocked down a stand? Would letting people stand on the terracing where the lookers used to be, be an option?

I don't think you are allowed to revert back to standing in what had become a seating area.

I personally would be willing to pay more to stand, but that's because I hate sitting at matches so much.

Guest oa_exile
As Herr Steward makes quite clear in the RRE.

Ever crossed your mind that the guy is just doing his job ?

I would prefer to stand at games but as i quoted "Standing at BP is just not going to happen".

Guest oa_exile
so why is there a standing section at eastlands then,when all prem grounds are supposed to be all seater?

When I watch MotD nearly all the games show people standing , not just the Council House.

Think the difference is though that trying to make 0000's sit down is a little more difficult than 60 to 70 :wink:

Edited by oa_exile

Ever crossed your mind that the guy is just doing his job ?

I would prefer to stand at games but as i quoted "Standing at BP is just not going to happen".

I did miss the tongue in cheek smiley off my original quote - so please don't take it in a way that wasn't intended.

:)

When I watch MotD nearly all the games show people standing , not just the Council House.

Think the difference is though that trying to make 0000's sit down is a little more difficult than 60 to 70 :wink:

so its a numbers game then,if you all stood up and stayed stood up they could'nt do diddly squat,the threat of closing the stand would be a flimsy one cos they'd have to threaten every club in the country,if they shut one stand they'd have to shut one at every ground and it aint worth the hassle.ktf.

so its a numbers game then,if you all stood up and stayed stood up they could'nt do diddly squat,the threat of closing the stand would be a flimsy one cos they'd have to threaten every club in the country,if they shut one stand they'd have to shut one at every ground and it aint worth the hassle.ktf.

Utd had the ticket allocation at Charlton reduced year on after persistent standing, it's down to the the club and local council who have to supply a safety certificate for a stand to be used.

I think definitely must be as when everyone stood up against leicester it was done all or most of the game.

Id pay more to go in a standing section, especially behind one of the goals.

so why is there a standing section at eastlands then,when all prem grounds are supposed to be all seater?

There isn't. Any 'standing section' will be unofficial.....much like ours! :lol:

Maybe if people recognised they are sat in an unofficial 'standing area', and acted on it, there would be less whinging going on around the issue!

There isn't. Any 'standing section' will be unofficial.....much like ours! :lol:

Maybe if people recognised they are sat in an unofficial 'standing area', and acted on it, there would be less whinging going on around the issue!

I wish everyone would have the common sense to recognise this rather than moan. It used to make me laugh that people year upon year moaned behind the people that stood up in the Chaddy, yet id say after 2 games max you would realise that it is only one of two areas in the whole ground where people would stand up during the game (the other being by the away fans). If you are really that hung up on people standing up surely you would plonk ya self somewhere else in a ground which is usually a third full

Edited by wozz_oafc

I wish everyone would have the common sense to recognise this rather than moan. It used to make me laugh that people year upon year moaned behind the people that stood up in the Chaddy, yet id say after 2 games max you would realise that it is only one of two areas in the whole ground where people would stand up during the game (the other being by the away fans). If you are really that hung up on people standing up surely you would plonk ya self somewhere else in a ground which is usually a third full

but if they did that it would spoil there whole matchday experiance they live for that tell the litle chav off moment all that pent up frustration about not having the bottle to go out and tell the little s@~*s off when there terorising the neighbourhood ! :angry:

B)

i spend most of the game standing in the rre anyway not through choice but others standing in froont of me but im not bothered as i prefer to stand at a game,but arnt the councils opposed to standing these days,as for lookers paddock it would need barriers like in old days and whos going to spend money on that if allowed.