• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we go any further with this post it's important to highlight the following information:

Cronicle as confiirmed that Sean Gregan has been breath-tested and arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.

He has been bailed until Decemebr 3rd and as not been charged.

full article

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...fter-breathtest

before we go any further with this post it's important to highlight the following information:

Cronicle as confiirmed that Sean Gregan has been breath-tested and arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.

He has been bailed until Decemebr 3rd and as not been charged.

Does that mean Gregan as opted for the blood tests as opposed the breath sample?

Edited by Lags

Does that mean Gregan as opted for the blood tests as opposed the breath sample?

I don't think that's an option, the coppers can take blood or urine if the proper breath tester down the station isn't working or they want to check for drinks but they do you on the breath alone usually.

tread carefully on this post people there is a lot of chinese whispers going around about this !

Imo i hope the club have thrown the book at him and he loses the captains band ! But shez will bottle it and not do owt !

Players are allowed to drink and party and even shop at Tesco but the club captain should know better especially doing while banned from playing !

I know a lot on here knew about this and im sure the club thank you for allowing it to come out via the right channels so things can be done correctly

He would have had his blood tests done and back already given the time this story was out and about.

One of the ways he could avoid a charge would be if he is very close to the limit and one of his tests did infact register as below the limit.

If this was the case they would have let him go or cautioned him, they wouldn't have bailed him so I'm guessing a charge will be coming.

OK. I've never been in the position down the station to know, however I thought an individual could ask for it to be done via a blood sample, is that not the case?

Not as I understand it and a quick google search seems to agree. Not been there myself either I'd like to add...

tread carefully on this post people there is a lot of chinese whispers going around about this !

Imo i hope the club have thrown the book at him and he loses the captains band ! But shez will bottle it and not do owt !

Players are allowed to drink and party and even shop at Tesco but the club captain should know better especially doing while banned from playing !

I know a lot on here knew about this and im pure the club thank you for allowing it to come out via the right channels so things can be done correctly

Richie, how can anyone mess up here? it's been confirmed he was arrested and bailed on the suspicion of drink driving. I cant see any chance of libel can you?

He would have had his blood tests done and back already given the time this story was out and about.

One of the ways he could avoid a charge would be if he is very close to the limit and one of his tests did infact register as below the limit.

If this was the case they would have let him go or cautioned him, they wouldn't have bailed him so I'm guessing a charge will be coming.

They couldn't have cautioned him for that, as Latics Lee will tell you they can only issue a caution when they have sufficient evidence for a prosecution, you either fail the tests or you don't...

They couldn't have cautioned him for that, as Latics Lee will tell you they can only issue a caution when they have sufficient evidence for a prosecution, you either fail the tests or you don't...

They can caution you if one of your test fails and one passes i.e. your borderline but more often then not you would be released without anything.

Anyway, I for one think Gregan is one of our best players but would definately take the arm band off him. Not good PR for the club.