• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't. I don't think drink driving offences should be nything to do with an employer, unless of course it directly impacts on the job. Nor do I think it should be in the paper. It's the business of Sean Gregan and the CPS, not us.

i think there will be something in his contract stating that any breaking of club rules will be punished in a manner seen fit by the club...so it would depend on what the club rules are.

i think it will be very bad publicity for a club that portrays itself as a family oriented club.....and technically speaking what he has done or been alledged to have done....could depending on said contract be deemed as misconduct by the club.

as regards nothing to do with the employer....its got everything to do with an employer...for instance if someone is technically classed as being over the limit to drive a car then one would automatically assume that said person is sufficiently intoxicated as to not operate machinery.

you turn up slightly the worse for wear after a heavy night,your not only putting yourself at risk but also your fellow workmates....if you check out your contract of employment it will tell you that if you turn up for work and are not fit to carry out your duties you will be sent home or suspended with no pay pending an investigation,if it is in fact deemed you was intoxicated you will be sacked.

you turn up slightly the worse for wear after a heavy night,your not only putting yourself at risk but also your fellow workmates....if you check out your contract of employment it will tell you that if you turn up for work and are not fit to carry out your duties you will be sent home or suspended with no pay pending an investigation,if it is in fact deemed you was intoxicated you will be sacked.

We had a colleague who showed up on his second day of work at 8am holding a can of Special Brew with his trousers on inside out. He walked up to a porter proclaimed him his best mate and that he loved him - then threw up in the foyer. How the hell he got in from Middlesbrough nobody knows.

i think there will be something in his contract stating that any breaking of club rules will be punished in a manner seen fit by the club...so it would depend on what the club rules are.

i think it will be very bad publicity for a club that portrays itself as a family oriented club.....and technically speaking what he has done or been alledged to have done....could depending on said contract be deemed as misconduct by the club.

as regards nothing to do with the employer....its got everything to do with an employer...for instance if someone is technically classed as being over the limit to drive a car then one would automatically assume that said person is sufficiently intoxicated as to not operate machinery.

It’s only by the Grace of God that I’ve never caused a serious accident involving a collision between a spreadsheet and a web portal based reporting tool. As for Gregan, presumably it was well outside his, “office hours,” so surely not an issue from that point of view. Regarding the club’s image, any actions would have to be proportionate, you couldn’t enforce a contract that says, “Do anything that looks bad and you get sacked,” and in fact if you could and clubs did then the Premiership clubs would be staffed by one legged monks.

The Advertiser reports more details than the rarely wrong Chron:

Gregan "was driving a Volkswagen Golf westbound on the M62 when he was stopped by police who had been tipped off that he was allegedly over the limit. Gregan was breathalysed at the roadside and subsequently arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

He has been bailed until December 3 pending further police inquiries............

Police have confirmed that they arrested the player at 8.10am on Friday, October 3......"