• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So go on how this How many pints chant come from did an incident off the pitch get it going?

While with Preston on the Isle of Man tour, he enjoyed himself as the song says, after a few pints too many.

*Note to the kids in the RRE: Mark Crossley was not there buying pints or pies that day despite you singing that he was.

regardless of whether he has been charged or not this information as been leaked from somewhere, and he should not be anywhere in the spotlight, if the RUMOUR is true then f in shame on him for absolute stupidity and he should be old and experienced enough to to take control of his own actions and not try and lay the blame in anyone elses court if not and hopefully it isnt then we ahould not here any more about it

Gregan failed early in the morning and its quite an easy thing to do if you get pulled over at that time. I think if cops really wanted to catch people drink driving there would be a lot of people pulled over around 8-9 am (or earlier) on a Saturday/Sunday morning or the morning after a holiday. The general rule of thumb is 1 unit/hour from the time you stop drinking alchohol. So someone who has had 4 pints of Stella (3units/pint) or 5 pints of bitter and stopped at midnight could well be over the limit at 8-9 am. Be wary of the cheeky lunchtime half/pint after a session as you might not be sober after the session and the cheeky bit of alcohol can put you over the limit.

That being said anyone who suspects they are over the limit shouldn't drive and I'm disappointed that our Captain has got into trouble about this guilty or not its still bad publicity.

Gregan failed early in the morning and its quite an easy thing to do if you get pulled over at that time. I think if cops really wanted to catch people drink driving there would be a lot of people pulled over around 8-9 am (or earlier) on a Saturday/Sunday morning or the morning after a holiday. The general rule of thumb is 1 unit/hour from the time you stop drinking alchohol. So someone who has had 4 pints of Stella (3units/pint) or 5 pints of bitter and stopped at midnight could well be over the limit at 8-9 am. Be wary of the cheeky lunchtime half/pint after a session as you might not be sober after the session and the cheeky bit of alcohol can put you over the limit.

That being said anyone who suspects they are over the limit shouldn't drive and I'm disappointed that our Captain has got into trouble about this guilty or not its still bad publicity.

It was a Friday morning, the day of the Stockport game.

It was a Friday morning, the day of the Stockport game.

OK thanks for pointing that out I was talking about the general public and how many more of us would be caught if the cops were more vigilant in the mornings.

However, this makes this worse as the club are paying his wages to be a pro footballer and it is recognised that alcohol from a few days prior to the game can have an effect on performance. Nevermind being allegedly over the drink driving limit 12 hours before the game was due to kick off. I think that is fine worthy myself regardless of guilty status.

OK thanks for pointing that out I was talking about the general public and how many more of us would be caught if the cops were more vigilant in the mornings.

However, this makes this worse as the club are paying his wages to be a pro footballer and it is recognised that alcohol from a few days prior to the game can have an effect on performance. Nevermind being allegedly over the drink driving limit 12 hours before the game was due to kick off. I think that is fine worthy myself regardless of guilty status.

What about if he was suspended though?

I'm really disappointed with Gregan here, he is club captain and a senior pro who should be setting an example. I would certainly strip him of the armband if he is found guilty.

For a club that has Lee Hughes on it's books it should be plain for everyone to see just what can happen when drinking and driving and should be a lesson to all. Hughes has done some work in the community about the dangers, and I'd like to think that the club made use of his experience internally, if they didn't then hopefully they will very quickly.

tread carefully on this post people there is a lot of chinese whispers going around about this !

Imo i hope the club have thrown the book at him and he loses the captains band ! But shez will bottle it and not do owt !

Players are allowed to drink and party and even shop at Tesco but the club captain should know better especially doing while banned from playing !

I know a lot on here knew about this and im pure the club thank you for allowing it to come out via the right channels so things can be done correctly

What, the club should punish him for a false arrest?

Can you explain that to me please?!

Guest sheridans_world

Okay at this point I need to reiterate the need to avoid falsley accusing Gregan of something he has not done. Remember, he has not been charged with any crime at this point in time.

While with Preston on the Isle of Man tour, he enjoyed himself as the song says, after a few pints too many.

*Note to the kids in the RRE: Mark Crossley was not there buying pints or pies that day despite you singing that he was.

I realise where the chant originates from Chris, I just wondered if we could have Tom's question in English with the appropriate punctuation. I've read it about 10 times now and I still can't make head nor tail of it.

If he blew between 40 and 50 microgrammes he would be given the choice of taking a blood test or urine sample (If 51+ is blown no choice is given) If he picked the blood test it does take between 6 and 8 weeks for the results of the blood sample to be processed and returned.

I realise where the chant originates from Chris, I just wondered if we could have Tom's question in English with the appropriate punctuation. I've read it about 10 times now and I still can't make head nor tail of it.

Oh I know you do. I was helping Pigeon English Tom there!

I picked up certain bits and figured the rest of what he wanted. Working where I do helps :wink:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

It was alleged that a call was received by GMP from an anonymous female claiming that he'd had a few and was behind the wheel. I'm guessing that GMP had a duty to follow up on that info and was duly picked up on the M62. Not becasue he was driving like a loon or anything.

Indeed! Someone's heard similar to what I have! Silly, silly man...allegedly!

Edited by boundaryblue80