the police are a joke

boboafc

police are called to a house in cheetham hill presumably a 999 call, knock on the door, no one answers so go away!! 3/4 hours later a relative rings and says that two baby boys have died in the house.

How can this be? Those poor children could still have been alive, when the Police first called.

rest in peace little ones x

mum arrested over stabbed boys

It's been a bad couple of days in the media for little 'uns. I bawled my eyes out yesterday after learning how much torture, misery and suffering that 17 month old boy went through before being murdered. I'm filling up now.

I couldn't wait to give my boys a big hug when I saw them next. Why do they do it? What makes them hurt little boys and girls?

It's been a bad couple of days in the media for little 'uns. I bawled my eyes out yesterday after learning how much torture, misery and suffering that 17 month old boy went through before being murdered. I'm filling up now.

I couldn't wait to give my boys a big hug when I saw them next. Why do they do it? What makes them hurt little boys and girls?

Not that it helps the victims much,but there is good reason to think that there is less abuse these days than would have gone on historically, probably helped by the fact that the issue is splashed all over the media whereas in the past it was all swept over (churchmen/teachers/social workers routinely just moved out of the area and so on). What horrified me about this most recent case was that the prison authorities wanted the mother to be allowed to look after and breast feed the child she gave birth to in prison whilst awaiting trial. How did they measure the potential risk?

police are called to a house in cheetham hill presumably a 999 call, knock on the door, no one answers so go away!! 3/4 hours later a relative rings and says that two baby boys have died in the house.

How can this be? Those poor children could still have been alive, when the Police first called.

rest in peace little ones x

mum arrested over stabbed boys

Admittedly I've only read three articles about this, but all three paint a picture of the police doing the best they could within legal bounds. If you suspect wrong doing but no one answers the door and you are unable to verify the situation inside you can't just kick your way in, that's rediculous!!

What's happened is a horrific beyond words, but to dismiss the police officers involved as a joke is unfair. Can you imagine how they're feeling right now? They've been forced to take support from councilors they're so broken up.

The blame lies with only one person - the freak who did this!

Admittedly I've only read three articles about this, but all three paint a picture of the police doing the best they could within legal bounds. If you suspect wrong doing but no one answers the door and you are unable to verify the situation inside you can't just kick your way in, that's rediculous!!

What's happened is a horrific beyond words, but to dismiss the police officers involved as a joke is unfair. Can you imagine how they're feeling right now? They've been forced to take support from councilors they're so broken up.

A good part of the blame should also lie with the people whose responsibility it is to recognise potentially dangerous situations.

In all the cases highlighted this week (Including Sharon Matthews) there was good evidence to suggest to the social workers that very careful monitoring was needed, yet it was ignored.

The methods used these days in assessing care inadequacies are ridiculously complex and open to misinterpretation. If social workers were sent on less team bonding exercises and more awareness training, we could hopefully hear of these terrible tragedies no more.

To be fair to the 'freak that did this' the alleged person in question has now been sectioned. This sounds like a very odd occurance and not one that anyone was expecting.

A good part of the blame should also lie with the people whose responsibility it is to recognise potentially dangerous situations.

In all the cases highlighted this week (Including Sharon Matthews) there was good evidence to suggest to the social workers that very careful monitoring was needed, yet it was ignored.

The methods used these days in assessing care inadequacies are ridiculously complex and open to misinterpretation. If social workers were sent on less team bonding exercises and more awareness training, we could hopefully hear of these terrible tragedies no more.

Not really sure about the bonding exercises/awareness training thing as I can't think team bonding occurs that often in such an overworked environment.

But care assessment is certainly a complex issue and generally the caution is erred on the side of keeping the family (mother and daughter) together. Mainly because if you don't you've got some tosspot lawyer on the phone quoting "where there's blame" adverts.

To be fair to the 'freak that did this' the alleged person in question has now been sectioned. This sounds like a very odd occurance and not one that anyone was expecting.

Yes. Not only that, but the childminder didn't suspect anything untoward either. I would assume she's be in a decent position to assess there was something going to happen.

Really tragic.

I know how you feel, Matt. I read the report in The Times sat at my desk in the office and had to stop reading it part way through...........

Why do they do it? Who knows. I just can't comprehend that level of cruelty, particularly towards defenceless kids. It's not even like it's an illness like peadophilia (at least I don't think it is), which whilst vile and disgusting, I can sort of understand. I watched a documentary once where a convicted offender had begged to be locked up to stop him re-offending. The cruelty thing though, I just don't get it.

I remarked at the office that I thought the perpetrators should be strung up, to which a colleague said that he thought they should simply spend the rest of their days in the worst possible prison available with signs pemenently around their necks letting other inmates know why they were there.

Edit - Whilst we are on the subject, if that Shannon Matthews mother is indeed convicted of alowing her own daughter to be kidnapped and kept sedated for over 3 weeks, they should lock her up and throw away the damned key. What kind of vermin would put any kid let alone their own child through that for financial gain?! Evil bastards!

Edited by danoafc